Scared of some of the recipes in the book, they all seem so grand!

I know some of you will think I'm strange but I just cant visualise using those recipes in every day life! I've been scouring this forum for more day to day basic meals and I have found a few to keep me going.

It's made me wonder what are your basic staples that you come back to each time?
xxx

My regular eats are - only 3 weeks in though lol

5 spice chicken thighs
0% yogurt with sf jelly mixed in
Toffee muffins
Oatbran vanilla porridge
Chilli con Carne - PV days
Meatloaf
Steak with paprika prawns
Garlic slow roast chicken
Venison
Scrambled eggs with lf bacon medallions- served with roast tomatoes and mushrooms on PV day
Galette with yogurt
Chicken and garlic roasted vegetables - PV
Chicken curry and spring green - PV

Prob more but they are my favs xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I use a George Forman Grill a lot. I griddle chicken and steak usually flavoured with different spices. On a PV day love roast chicken and roast veg. There is a lovely shish kebab with cucumber yoghurt sauce here that I like too. Again staples are muffins, sf jelly with natural yogurt.

Thanks for your replies guys :) I'm gonna copy some of your ideas for sure.

Dukandebut - I will try those and see (think I just needed someone to highlight the good ones so thanks)

Sharon197 - what veg do you roast? before Dukan I used Sweet potato, carrot, parsnips but I dont think we can have any of those can we?

DiamondX - is your Chicken curry and spring greens from the book or your own recipe? sounds yum!

Remember to be careful if you use any of the official recipes though as they often contain tolerated items, but they are not marked as such. Therefore you could make something delicious like the LucLac beef, to serve 4 and decide to eat the whole lot, not realising you are munching 4 * tolerated items.

Roast veg - I do red onions, peppers and butternut squash, also vine tomatoes are good too. Sometimes sprinkle over a bit of season all for flavour. Have to say the squash is my fave

I stick to seasonal veg where possible. At the moment, French beans and runner beans from my garden mainly :D

Back