Scone and Soya Milk Latte Breakfast

caroline_ireland

MISS Failure ha
hi everyone, what do u think of scones every morning for breakfast? its a habit ive got myself into for the past 2 year. Would scone be high in calories and i think im ok with the soya milk latte

I dont think its a good idea, its like eating biscuits, is it low fat?

the scone isnt low fat, its normal can u even get low fat scones? never seen them in ireland

actually im not sure if you can lol

could you try replacing the scone with something else??? Maybe a low fat option?

I would look for something else other than a scone, I'm afraid. All recipes I've seen for scones use refined white flour (high GI), fat, and loads of sugar. Even if the scone was low fat, I"d avoid the white flour and the sugar.

Hey Caroline,
Just looked up my calorie book and this was the result for a plain scone:

calories:174
fat:7g
saturated fat: 2.4g
protein: 3g
Carbs: 26g
Fibre: 0.9g

Specific diets:
Gi: 92
GL: 24
WW points: 4

I would have suggested to try and eat a wholemeal one intstead but the nutritional value of that is basically the same as a plain one.
I'd suggest ditching the scone for something which wont send your blood sugar soaring and then crashing leaving you feeling very hungry before dinner time. Healthier choices would be yoghurt, porridge, muesli, fruit, eggs, wholegrain bread.
The latte should be fine as long as its not full of sugar and syrups.
:)

:eek: ok time to ditch the scones, its something i look forward to when i get off the train, obviously a very BAD habit, thanks everyone

Back