Scotbean's diary started 14/01/12 :-) xx

just had my crispy choc shake at my desk - omg I loooooove that shake so much!! And I only use 50ml of milk now not 125ml so thats gotta be good!!

Good luck for day 6 guys!! You're both doing so well :)

I always take my 'breakfast' to work with me and have it on the way... mainly because I don;t have the time to have it at home lol but also because if I have it whilst I'm walking it makes me feel more full :)

xxx

I've not tried the crispy shake yet... I'm not sure I'll like it as I'm very funny about textures but we shall wait and see... I might even suprise myself :) x x

Oh dear....should not have done that. Pair of scales upstairs in the loo at work, stupidly decided to stand on them, fully dressed, even in my boots! Told me 17/5 when the scales at home said 16/11.

My clothes and boots can't weigh 8lbs can they?!?!?

I think I will go and hide those scales......

You silly sausage!!! lol All scales are diffeent which is why you should only weight on one set lol! Usually there's is only a 2-3lb difference so I wouldn't be supprised if your clothes and boots weighted about 5lb. Just go with your scales my lovely :) x x

haha Tara I would def go with the scales at work then!!! Thanks Katy I know you are right and I WILL not step on them again!!!

Hope everyones day is going ok. Just a wee note to myself if I need to look back - well a wee tip really - ALWAYS remember to put the liquid in the shaker first then add the powder and then add the mixing ball. Soooo much easier to mix that way!!!

It's going ok today yeah thanks. Hope your day is going well. I am just entering my 50th hour since sat! just 10 hours to work tomorrow and have the weekend off! yay, Also my OH is home too!

Aww thats nice

Well I am finding it tough today - I don't feel ill or anything just really hungry and would happily eat bread or crisps.

There are biscuits in the kitchen at work but they are not really tempting me!

Time to go home soon at least I have a pack and a bar left tonight!
Only had one coke zero today so that might be the reason as the fizz usually helps me stay full

I bet you are looking forward to getting home tonight Tara - you won't be on here much lol!!! xxx

feeling really really glum - no idea why. so so want to eat something. :(

I'm feeling the same too... and it's like my stomach is actually telling me that I have to eat something!! Let's get through this... a couple more hours and we will wake up and feel fine :) x x

I am really hungry today too, I am just on the front desk now, not many patients in so can grab a cheeky few mins on here! I hope you are ok Janet. My tum is rumbling but I just know that if I caved now, that would be me done. Need to start as I mean to go on.

Keep it up we can get through it together!!! Even if you feel so alone, like you are the only person feeling it right now, just think, we are all still here, doing the same and we all have bad days, it's what we decide to do on those bad days that means the most! xxx

Thanks guys!! You guys are the reason I've not given in as I feel I'd be letting you down!! Stressed at home and at work probably not helped by my mood but that would normally have me reaching for the crisps!!

Had a bar and a coke zero when I got in. Still got stomach pains a bit! I want to record honestly how I feel but I don't want to come across as a total moan when others are going through the same thing! xx

No it's best to say exactly how you feel, I have been craving all kinds of junk today! But theres a little voice in my head saying... You are on day 6, nearly done the first week! You can do it! You can't give up now.

I feel the same about not wanting to let anyone down too, as well as myself.

I have told quite a few people now and feel as though it would be so easy to give in again as I've done so many times before. People have seen me start and fail so many diets and this time I want this to be the last time I tell them 'Oh I am starting this new diet...bla bla' This time I want them to see me get to my goal!

I feel I can't and don't want to talk to people about it. I just don't want to discuss in detail with anyone I know. Partly because it's setting me up for a fall.

We all get days where we want to eat things off plan. Ketosis does suppress appetite but it doesn't remove it completely. What you are experiencing though is mainly habit rather than hunger, and engrained behaviours where you reach for carbs for comfort. I know I do that. A complete break from carbs is definitely what I needed. A few months on it's not that I don't want chocolate ever again but I've moved on from the place where I would crave it. Previously if there was chocolate in the fridge I wouldn't rest until it was gone. I still have that tendency. Found that out over Xmas when I was obsessing about a tin of chocolates we had and I couldn't stop eating them until they were all gone. Once back on the diet though I'm in the routine of not allowing myself it and not bothering about it.

I agree with BG, though she says it so much better than I can. From the distance of just 8 weeks in newbies, it does DEFINITELY get easier. The most important thing is to get through these feelings of being down, headaches, cravings, fantasy-hunger or real, they are the final pangs of leaving the land of the fat! Tomorrow will be a great day and we can all do this!

Scotty your doing so well!! Moan moan and moan away... you want to see the last post I've just done ;)

But once it's out... it's out and it feels so much better :)

The fact that I didn't want to come on here and admit that I've cheated was the final thing that has kept me going today x x

Feel free to moan moan moan, that's what we are here for!!! Keep up the effort, you are doing so well! Lets whoop day 7s arse tomorrow! xxx

Back