Scotbean's diary started 14/01/12 :-) xx

I am having a sts week scotty. I don't know why but our bodies do weird things sometimes! It has to come off eventually. Some of the longer term vlcd'ers have weeks where they lost 0.5 then the next 3lbs etc so think it's just a case of sticking with it. We will be fine! xx

You WILL not give up Tara I absolutely forbid it lol!!!!Hope everyone has a good day!! Xxx

Tara, I don't fancy your chances if Scotbean finds out you've been naughty...Ketosis can do funny things to our moods, as you know and she might be petite, but my money is on her!!! :D

Haha I haven't lol, been 100% every day, I don't wanna risk coming out of ketosis! 'i had an awful time getting into it! x

Haha I'm not that scary!! Although 'forthright' is a tag I often get.....

How's everyone tonight? Tried to comment at tearing but my Internet wasn't working!!

Been at rehearsal since 7.
Hello to Laura!! Can't believe you read all my drivel lol!!! You've done great so far keep it up!! xxx

I know what you mean about the ketosis thing Tara! I don't have a particularly hard time getting into ketosis but I still find it holds me to ransom once I'm in ketosis. Nothing would make me kick myself out of ketosis unless I planned to take a break :). It's like it has a little hold over you!

I know......do you think she will be back? :( Hope she is ok.

Can't believe we have done 20 days!! It seems long but also no time at all!!

Have a good day today. I am feeling fairly positive - someone at work said they noticed weight loss although I still feel no different at all - far too early for me!!

xxx

Hope you're having a good day Scotbean! My boss said I was looking different today, she knows I'm dieting though so I suppose knows to look out for it!

Have a good day 20!!

Yes you too!! Was looking at your stats... have you lost 23lbs since starting on S & S? Or was some of that before then? xxx

It was before. I started on the 8th of December weighing 15st, I stopped eating crap all the time, looked at portion control and went low-gi. Lost 7lb before Christmas! Then when I weighed after Christmas I was the same! That was after two weeks of eating badly but being aware- I certainly didn't go as mad as last year.

I continued low-gi, low fat till I started on S&S. Actually my official start date and weight is just from the first full day I did 100%. For the week up to that I was having two S&S packs a day with a low-carb meal like 4 slices of ham and half a cucumber! That was because I just had the sample pack and was waiting for my order to come!

I've lost 10lb officially on 100% S&S. Thats to the weigh day last Saturday. I've sneaked on the scales and lost 2 more lb since then!

I'm really glad I didn't go 'cold turkey' into S&S as I think I'd have struggled. I cut out fizzy pop and sweets before Christmas, only drank a little on New Years as I was mindful of diet. And the pub we go to didn't do the free buffet this year so there's a bonus! I think because I was in diet-mode and low carbing before I started I didn't suffer as much as some people, no headaches and was already ok with being hungry a little each day till I got into ketosis. I think it may be why my weightloss is slower than some others on here, I lost the water weight before I started S&S.

ah that all makes sense then and also sounds really really sensible - not like me!! I went to Pizza Hut the night before starting lol!!!! I suffered badly getting into ketosis as a result. But it means I don't ever want to come out of it - at least not in a hurry!!!

Here's to good losses for us both this week!
xxx

We all seem to get into Ketosis differently. I didn't prepare for it, as I didn't know how to when I began. But I was sooo very sick of feeling stuffed and of eating crap, so I went quite literally from crappy food, booze, fizzy drinks (the wrong kind) one day on to 4 sachets a day cold turkey. No headaches, nothing except fairly unpleasant dizzy moments. But, I think keeping the water up in the beginning is crucial for any lurkers about to start with S & S. Drink water like it's going out of fashion (well up to the 3 litres)!

Hey Janet,

Glad to hear you are feeling more positive. 20 days has passed very quickly! I think we are both doing so well, shame we lost our Katy, I hope she will be back bless her, and hope shes ok.

Had a good day today, feeling good, and everyone is commenting on my weight loss now, saying it's really showing. It gives you that extra push! x

We do have a number of drop outs on this diet unfortunately. People who decide that a VLCD is not for them or doesn't suit their lifestyle. It's a very effective diet but not one that you can really dip in and out of so people drop out all the time.

Yes day 20 relatively pain free! Broken down my water consumption into 6 500ml bottles to make sure I spread it out during the day because I'm convinced it makes all the difference!! xx

You too Tara!!! Week four here we come!! Xx

Morning all.... Well when I started I had no thought that I would last three weeks and here I am.

Challenge today is I have a work meal out tonight. Plan to have chicken and salad!! Really looking forward to it actually!!! I'm sure that will feel like enough of a treat that I won't need to look at the other yummy stuff on the menu!!

Have a great day everyone!! xxx

Yeah I am sure you can do it. I must say your whole outlook seems alot more positive now scotty! I think it's prob hitting us that we are nearly done with the first month already! I am so glad we stuck it out!

Have a great time tonight and yes, I am sure the chicken salad will feel like a lovely treat. It's good actually that you are going for a meal at this point of the diet, rather than say the first week, it's prob easier to stick to healthy low carb menu choices further along, as it now feels like a treat?

Good luck today! Weigh in tomorrow! yay x

Away on my night out now - well tea and drinks after work I don't think it will be a late one lol!!

But sooo excited to be having chicken salad woohoo!!

Hope everyone has a nice evening!
xxx

Back