Scotch eggs :) (with pics)

The Caretaker

Silver Member
I used the recipie on the SW site, (sort of) I used (Typically less than 5%fat) Pork mince, and I finely diced a red onion, and put in a tsp of Paprika mixed thoroughly, I then got the 6 eggs i'd previously boiled and cooled and shelled, i roughly guessed how much i'd need for each one and took a portion of the mix and flattened it out on my board and placed the egg in the middle and then built the sides up around it until it was virtually covered and then taking it in hand smoothed over the edges until completely covered, I then put the raw SE and dipped it into bowl of 3 beaten eggs when it was completely covered i then put it into the other bowl with the ground up Scan Bran in, i then placed all six on a large baking tray and put them into the pre heated oven at gas mk6 for 20 minutes I turned them and then put them in for a further 10 minutes.
and when they came out they looked like this :) I think they are Syned at 2-4 per egg?
IMG_0223_zpsb0d36326.jpg

they look really nice, i use weight watchers sausages and squeeze the meat out they are only half a syn each, then roll in HEB breadcrumbs, so less than 1 syn per egg :) xx

How did yours turn out Vamp?
On another note is that a picture of you now? :)

Mine were yummy :) yes these pics, were taken within the last 6 months, most of my weight is on my bum legs and hips lol x

Back