Scotsmist diary - from 1 jan 2010

Day 23
Miracle of all miracles, I am here!!!

Got up late this morning and the pain wasnt so bad; still there but I had to keep moving it or I would stiffen up even more.

Not done much today, but NO CRAVINGS whatsoever!!!!! Nothing, diddlesquat, zero, zilch!!! :) :)

Nothing to report today; other than I am almost through the day, and onto Day 24 and as usual on countdown to WI.

I still keep thinking how long can I go on, but I seem to manage every day, by hook or by crook and by the support of this forum.

Just keep going until I cant go any further, but I do hope that is when I get to my 10stone goal!

Thankyou for your lovely reply - as always :)
I've tried twice since christmas, one day inially and two days last time, it was terribly cold with the snow and i felt so miserable stuck in...I also kept reading stories from restarters having put the weight back on :-(
I've been trying to cut down on the bad carbs hoping that when i try again (which i will) the withdrawals won't be so bad! Last year i did lt in the summer and it seemed much easier then. I keep popping in cos it's a lovely site and i do think about you all and wonder how your all getting on. I hope that reading about everyones losses i will get the determination i need to gt me thru the first week! Take care, your doing fab xx

Glad you're doing so much better Iris :):)

The smell on the pillows is definitely diminishing! If it doesn't go I'll get back to you! :) xx

Hoping the coming days keep improving for you ;) xx

Thankyou for your lovely reply - as always :)
I've tried twice since christmas, one day inially and two days last time, it was terribly cold with the snow and i felt so miserable stuck in...I also kept reading stories from restarters having put the weight back on :-(
I've been trying to cut down on the bad carbs hoping that when i try again (which i will) the withdrawals won't be so bad! Last year i did lt in the summer and it seemed much easier then. I keep popping in cos it's a lovely site and i do think about you all and wonder how your all getting on. I hope that reading about everyones losses i will get the determination i need to gt me thru the first week! Take care, your doing fab xx

It is easier in the summer, I agree there totally! Look forward to you getting back on when you are ready though.

Take care

scotsmist, so glad those nasty cravings have gone...lets hope they stay miles away for the rest of your journey...just knock them out with a positive attitude...
im with you on each day wondering how long you can go for, but you know deep down that each day your closer to goal and you know youll go untill you get there...keep up the good work and positivity! ...x

scotsmist, so glad those nasty cravings have gone...lets hope they stay miles away for the rest of your journey...just knock them out with a positive attitude...
im with you on each day wondering how long you can go for, but you know deep down that each day your closer to goal and you know youll go untill you get there...keep up the good work and positivity! ...x

So, so true Bells! And, need to keep positive.

Well done Iris! Keep hanging on in there!!! xx

Day 25

A bit of a mixed bag day!! Must admit, not actually felt hungry today, which is unusual for me. Treated myself to some nice long black boots and a lovely purple hat to go with my new pink jacket :)! I am a sucker for hats !

Well, the ED course is going ahead on Thursday!! Cant believe it, so I am not wondering whether i need to start re-feeding. I know I WONT get to the bottom of my eating problem if I am still on shakes. But I am trying to decipher whether I am making excuses??? I need to have a really good think and speak to my pharmacist.

I went to the Health Club tonight..managed 10 mins (almost 1 km) on the cross trainer and did a bit of toning on the machines. I then did a 1hr pilates class and it felt great! I didnt feel tired or faint at all,,,just invigorated as I just love exercise. I know that I cant do the full workout and really this is the place I want to be in! We go 3 times during the week and then at the weekends. I just had to watch my neck as it is still a little painful, but not as bad as it was and the pilates actually helped.

I am not enjoying LT; I just feel as though I am waiting for a bus to come and it aint coming! But, I know I will be so annoyed with myself if I slip back, but with the course I hopefully shouldnt.

so, not sure how I feel tonight. A bit confused in some ways. This course means the world to me, but how can I get in touch with my feelings with food if I aint even eating it! This is the cause of my problems!!! Maybe I need to speak to the eating disorders counsellor..yes, I will email her tomorrow.

I feel good about myself, and there is no reason why I cant continue to lose weight the conventional way!

All to be revealed; have a few people I need to talk to.

I'm really pleased the course is going ahead Iris. As you say - a word with your pharmacist and the people running the course should help you with whether to refeed or not. If their advice conflicts I'd suggest the ED people would know best.
Personally I can't see anything wrong with getting your head round some issues before actually having to physically deal with them - but what do I know??!!
I wish you all the luck in the world with it and really look forward to seeing how you get on! xx

hey, its great that your "thinking aloud", because then you can make sense of things quicker. im glad things are coming together and you can talk to those people.. hoping the neck is easing a bit now..that bus will eventually come you know that..it will come when you have pushed yourself to the absolute limit and feel like you no longer can take it anymore, then it will come so hang on in there! remember at least were all at the bus stop with you! so to speak... :D x ps good job on the shopping front you deserve it :) x

I'm really pleased the course is going ahead Iris. As you say - a word with your pharmacist and the people running the course should help you with whether to refeed or not. If their advice conflicts I'd suggest the ED people would know best.
Personally I can't see anything wrong with getting your head round some issues before actually having to physically deal with them - but what do I know??!!
I wish you all the luck in the world with it and really look forward to seeing how you get on! xx

Hi Jan

I see what you are saying; and I will email just to get some more advice.

I see you lost some more weight today!! Well done ;-)

hey, its great that your "thinking aloud", because then you can make sense of things quicker. im glad things are coming together and you can talk to those people.. hoping the neck is easing a bit now..that bus will eventually come you know that..it will come when you have pushed yourself to the absolute limit and feel like you no longer can take it anymore, then it will come so hang on in there! remember at least were all at the bus stop with you! so to speak... :D x ps good job on the shopping front you deserve it :) x

:D hope that bus comes soon bells :)

You sound like you need a good off-load, maybe the counsellor will help you with that? I see as lot of myself in you - the jumbled emotions and random lines of thought!! I really love this diet when its going well but then I have moments (some longer than others) where food thoughts just will not remove themselves from my head. Its like a real life cartoon with the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other....'go on give in' 'no be strong' 'go on you could be eating....'

I hope you find some answers xxxxxxx

You sound like you need a good off-load, maybe the counsellor will help you with that? I see as lot of myself in you - the jumbled emotions and random lines of thought!! I really love this diet when its going well but then I have moments (some longer than others) where food thoughts just will not remove themselves from my head. Its like a real life cartoon with the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other....'go on give in' 'no be strong' 'go on you could be eating....'

I hope you find some answers xxxxxxx

Oh, so true Emmie...you have got me down to a "T" today!!!!!!!!

Day 26
Mind games still on today! I even got in the car tonight after work and said to my hubby that I was struggling and he told me to pack it in!!!! That was like a red rag to a bull (my stubbornness) and I said, no, I will wait till thursday and see how I weigh in. Plus, wanted to wait until I heard from the ED counsellor.

Well, tonight, waiting for me was an email from the ED counsellor and she has told me to carry on with LT! So, guess what..I have to carry on....I have to just keep going, day by day and hope that I get to the 10 stone I want...realistically 3 weeks, surely I can do that!!!! I did 14 weeks before, so why not now!

So, here I am, and I have to keep going as long as my mind will allow me, because it certainly isnt the body that is giving up ! It is the mind games.

I do feel rather miserable in some ways, but in other ways I like the feeling of wellbeing and thinness.....

Off to Coreball and maybe even pilates tomorrow night! So, I am trying to just live normal a life as possible.

LT is easy enough to do, it is the mind; this is my revelation today! I am not necessarily missing food, because I am not, but I am missing the thought of eating!!! dohhhhh!!!

So, here's to Day 27, with my champers in one hand toasting everyone reading!!!!! ;-)!

Hi Scots, you are doing fabulous, well done.
I'm back to it this week...day 2 but already i can feel the change in my head, i feel much more positive and determined this time round. I just want 2 stone off asap and this will keep me going to then at least. I have just under 17 weeks til we holiday in Malta. I'm thinking 14 weeks tfr and 3 weeks refeed...that is the plan, wish me luck xx

Wishng you more than luck!!! I am wishing you pure determination and get up and go!!!

2 stone, that is achievable.....that will take you aproximately 5 weeks maybe? Depends on what you lose your first week.

14 weeks - now come on, stop copying me!! hahah..(only joking)that is what I did last time....and I lost just under 4 stone in that time. My weight was a bit slow as I have an underactive thyroid and only the past few weeks has the doc noticed I was underprescribed...hence why my losses are a bit better this time around.

You go girl!!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!! JUST KEEP TELLING YOURSELF YOU CAN AND YOU WILL :)

Routing for you more than anything as I know how important this is and how many times you have wanted to get to this point. No looking back now!!!!

Back