Scotsmist diary - from 1 jan 2010

Day 17
On countdown now to WI day on Thursday.
Started with lots of tiny little red spots on my arms and stomach last night; dont feel 100% and not sure what they are.

Apart from the spots; all is ok....actually, I would say today is the first day that I have not felt hungry once! Which is a first for me, because on LT last time I had a grumbly tummy most of the time and the same this time. So, it is a nice feeling not feeling hungry.

So nothing much to report...feeling good and positive and tried on all my clothes today; some fit very nicely, some are a bit big and some I still need to fit into :)!!

Here's to Day 18!!!!

weheyy scotsmist,,glad the hunger pangs have gone today... its great that you have the clothes to motivate you.. you have past present and future ones lol...keep up the positivity! and thanks for the support from yesterday ..:D x

Day 18

Was a bit of a strange day. I seemed to struggle a little bit for some reason. Still dont feel 100% and the spots arent as red but they are still under my skin and when I shower they come up. Just seems to be knocking me out of kilta.

Had to go and buy some bread for hubby. Bread is a trigger food for me, so I could smell it and picked up a Tiger Loaf and to be honest the feelings were intense. I could have just bought it and eaten the whole loaf. I know my thought at that time (as I rememeber them) was, blow it, why dont you have it....you are missing it!!!
Anyway, I walked away and picked up some paninis and off I went :)

Once back in the office I was fine.

Had my meeting with the ED counsellor and I am in for the next course! Not sure if it is starting next week or April. Had a really good meeting and I feel so positive about the course and apparently people are able to move on and have a totally different approach about food. She has had people doing LT as well so she was aware of the diet and said that people have changed their whole attitude about food after the 10 weeks! Roll on!!!!! I am just hoping this will somehow help me in my quest to never have to diet again!

I got home very late and have to confess to only having 2 shakes all day! I should have had the 3rd but I just didnt feel well and was very tired and felt down with feeling so tired, so off to bed I went....so, not good at all as I advocate to others to have 3 shakes!!!! So, rapped knuckles by moi!

Day 19
Still going strong and I still dont feel right! But carrying on regardless. Hubby and I are going to start back at the Health Club tomorrow as we reckon maybe just getting a little light exercise will help me with the tiredness. I feel rather excited as I have missed my saunas, etc!

Nothing much else to report today but may update later on.

you are doing so well...an inspiration to all us 'second time rounders' :)

h xx

you are doing so well...an inspiration to all us 'second time rounders' :)

h xx

Oh I dont know Harriet...I am struggling more this time round than last time..I could have quite easily given in tonight. Like my hubby says, keep thinking of the Reunion! Think this is what is keeping me going ;-)

Day 19 -evening
Well, my afternoon was busy and I then started to get a headache from hell! I didnt go until I had my soap tonight around 7:30!!!! Didnt suffer with headaches like this last time around.

We went up to the Health Club tonight and we are starting back tomorrow. I have booked a one hour coreball session! So, looking forward to this very much.

Hubby had a treat of pizza and chips tonight...oh, well......the smell, the smell!! It was hard, but I just came on the forum and well, the smell is starting to subside a little bit, but just have to accept I cant eat.

We won a meal for 2 at the Health Club as it is a Hotel...has to be used by 31 Jan and I wont be off LT by this point so I have asked if we can extend it till end Feb..if not, well Hubby will have to go on his own :-(

I am still having the cravings again...when I went shopping tonight, at the aisle was bags of chocolate, massive pkt of digestive biscuits.....all naughty things...and I wondered in my mind, would I ever look at these products differently, or would I always look at them with an almost hunger of binging!!! One day I hope to answer that and it is that I look differently and can have one or two biscuits instead of the full pack and more besides!!

Today has been a strange day; lots of ups and downs but thankfully I am still here and then I have tomorrow and Thursday Weigh In Day to come!!!!! I made another week which I thought last week I would struggle with.

I was wearing my new Size 12 Hooch skirt today and felt so lovely and when I took it off tonight I looked at the waist size and though, WAW..did that fit me!!!!!!

Iris, well done on avoiding all temptation. Bread definitely does it for me too as I love the smell of fresh bread. When I bake some now, I just have to leave the kitchen when I take it out of the oven as I find it soooo tempting.
That is great news for you about the ED course. It sounds as if you really feel this fits the bill for you. It is great when you find a course that meets your needs to a tee. Well done on looking good in the size 12 skirt, must really raise your confidence a notch or two.
Hope the rash is subsiding and that you feel a bit better.

yaaaay great job bet you felt brilliant in that skirt..!! that just shows what determination and willpower can do keep up the good work.x

Iris, well done on avoiding all temptation. Bread definitely does it for me too as I love the smell of fresh bread. When I bake some now, I just have to leave the kitchen when I take it out of the oven as I find it soooo tempting.
That is great news for you about the ED course. It sounds as if you really feel this fits the bill for you. It is great when you find a course that meets your needs to a tee. Well done on looking good in the size 12 skirt, must really raise your confidence a notch or two.
Hope the rash is subsiding and that you feel a bit better.

Hi Irish, thanks!!!!!!

Day 20
My day at work was a day from hell, but not once did I think of food, which is actually quite amazing for me.

Went to the health club tonight and did a coreball session..phew, she didnt half work us! It was only me and my hubby there tonight so we had a private lesson ;-)!!!!!!

Then went for a jacuzzi and a sauna and feel so much better, but do feel tired tonight, so going to have an early night.

I am looking forward to tomorrow's WI.

Got gingivitis again!!!!!!! I got it last time around and got it again! Need to keep flossing and not be lazy. My gums are bleeding like mad when I brush them, which isnt very nice.

So, almost on week 4 - WAW!!! Cant believe it!

Nothing much else to report....just getting on with things, but still not sure how long I will be on LT! I reckon another 2-3 weeks, but as usual, I am taking it one day at a time.

Hi Iris,

I have been having the same problem with my gums now and then. What do you use to treat it? I have looked up Corsodyl (mouthwash, spray & gel) but I am unsure if they will affect ketosis?

Clair x

Hiya Iris!

Just stopped by to see how you're getting on :)

Well done for sticking at it through all your trials and tribulations and not feeling too good etc etc. I look forward to seeing how you get on tomorrow at your wi. Not much longer to go now on TFR eh?

Keep up the good work :):) xxx

Hi Iris,

I have been having the same problem with my gums now and then. What do you use to treat it? I have looked up Corsodyl (mouthwash, spray & gel) but I am unsure if they will affect ketosis?

Clair x

The dentist gave me some gel that I need to put on my gums in the evening and morning.....I will have a look tonight and let you know.

Shouldnt affect ketosis, but to be honest, I would rather keep my teeth ! Ultimately, my health is more important so if I lose a little less I dont mind.

Hiya Iris!

Just stopped by to see how you're getting on :)

Well done for sticking at it through all your trials and tribulations and not feeling too good etc etc. I look forward to seeing how you get on tomorrow at your wi. Not much longer to go now on TFR eh?

Keep up the good work :):) xxx

:) Thanks Jan!!!!!!!
I know, I didnt expect to be on still as I was struggling so much. I am taking it literally one day at a time, but I would like to lose another stone (well depends on WI today)! Will let you know.

Must try and get onto maintenance...I have a look, but not had much time to post :)

Hope you are well!

The dentist gave me some gel that I need to put on my gums in the evening and morning.....I will have a look tonight and let you know.

Shouldnt affect ketosis, but to be honest, I would rather keep my teeth ! Ultimately, my health is more important so if I lose a little less I dont mind.

Thanks Iris, I totally agree that it is much more important to keep my teeth rather than worrying if it will affect my diet. I do think that Lipotrim should make people aware of this though, as they do recommend that we use Listerine mouthwash, and not any other brand...

Clair x

Day 21 Week 3 WI

Lost 3.7lbs this week and am absolutely delighted with that. Was aiming for 3 so anything else was going to be a bonus.

Calculated that I should have another 3-4 weeks on LT if I lose at 3lb an average a week, but hoping this will increase now that I will be doing 3 classes a week (all toning mind you) and maybe 10 mins on the cross trainer twice a week! See how next week pans out and then decide what exercises to do the following week.

Feel ok today. A little tired but that is probably because I didnt sleep well. Just need to keep going and get through to WI Wk 4.

Thanks Iris;) Lipotrim has gave me my life back literally! I have battled for years trying to lose weight without knowing that I had an underactive thyroid. I now feel better than I have in years and have so much energy!
Sorry to sound pushy, but did you find out the name of the gel your dentist gave you? (I'm really starting to worry about my gums, and cannot see my dentist until next Thurs)

Clair x

I had forgotten, but you just reminded me...it was from the dentist and I had to go to the pharmacist for it, but they may have it over the counter....

Corsodyl Dental Gel, Gingivitis treatment.
I was told to rub it on my gums after brushing and flossing, morning and night.

It is a bit distressing!!

Back