Scotsmists Take on Life!!!!!! And everything else :-)

Iris, nice to see you back on the maintenance forum, and well done for your losses up to now. You can certainly do this, and like you say, just get these few weeks over and done with before your appointment, and hopefully things will become clearer.

Oooh Jan, you will love Turkey, the Turks are lovely, and if you dont believe me, just ask Iris, she married one..lol. Definitely sun bathing weather in the day and a light cardi for the evenings, or just a pashmina around your shoulders.

Hi Mary
Glad you are back and hope you had a nice time!!!!
Yes, I can vouch for the Turkish people....wonderful, warm-hearted and good looking too..hahah.....
Jan, You will have a ball!!!

Well folks, sorry I havent been around! Saying nothing more than that...my achilles heel is back with a vengence and I am not doing so good at all! Trying not to get stressed about it. Just not been very talkative..sorry guys..the usual - eh! I am still stalking and watching.. :)

Hope you are looking after yourself. Take good care.

Yes big *****hugs***** Iris ..... they'll have to do till I can slap your behind in person in June ;)

Look after yourself hon :) xx

Ahh Iris! come baaaaaaaaaaaccccccckkkkkkkkk!!! Don't be a lurker, be a poster!!!! :D

Thanks guys; can always rely on you lot perking me up :)!!!

Going to give Rosemary Conley Inch Loss a go. Going to buy book at lunch time...will try anything. Only have a week and a bit to go before my meeting but cant rely on that solely!

You are all doing brilliantly! Amazing and keeps me going no end.

Thanks again; Tanya; I will try and be a poster :)!!!!!

I'm still a lurker! LOL! Still here, still plodding along trying to get back in the right mindset to lose my re-gains....

Bought the book - eh, it is good!!! How I used to live my life, the Rosemary Conley way, low fat, low GI! Oh the days!!!!!!!!!

The book is broken up into 3 phases, phase 1 - 1200 cals, phase 2 - 1400 cals and then the maintenance section.

Trials conducted and all lost over a stone in a month; now that would do me just nicely AND eating at the same time.

3 meals and 2 power snacks for the first 2 weeks and then 3 meals 2 power snacks and an allowance of 200 cals for whatever you like!!!

It has motivational tip every day and exercises every day, so onwards and upwards folks.

I will start doing it on Monday - watch this space!!!!!

Sounds good Iris, hope it works for you. I love some of Rosemary Conleys recipes, once you start it, you must give us some good recipes to try out. I might even be interested in that myself for after the holidays.

IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you two ladies, less of this stalking!!!!!! :giggle:

That r.c book sounds good iris, whats it called? Im pretty interested and might give it a read :)

Sounds like a plan Iris - and a good one at that! :):) xx

Hi Guys

The book is BRILL!! I have always like RC and used to attend a class until a few years ago and well, long story, the woman that had the franchise near me decided she would leave RC and set up on her own...stupid woman!! Who can fight against RC; she was taken to court, injunction, etc...as she isnt allowed to set up where a franchisee is...fair enough! Well, woman lost 2 homes, cars, etc...everything!!! And, still no RC class since...which is such a shame.

Anyway, I digress!!!

The book is very good; and I am starting tomorrow...I have bought all the food for the diet, and it is, to be honest fairly basic and straight forward and nothing strange to me. All trial dieters lost over a stone in 28 days, so if I lose that I will be very happy, esp being able to eat as well....

There are lots of recipe ideas, etc.....I got the book from waterstones - 10.99 although, Tanya you can get it from the website for cheaper, but not sure of the postage, and I wanted it NOW rather than next week :)

It is a plan Jan, and one I feel a bit better with, but it isnt the diet that is the problem it is my little problem that keeps gettng in the way ;-)!

My first day food is
BREAKFAST
4 turkey rasher
egg
5 mushrooms
200gm tinned plum tomatoes

MIDMORNING SNACK
200gm melon (weighed without skin)

LUNCH
100gm cooked chicken, with salad and helmans light mayo

AFTERNOON SNACK - phew!
1 rice cake, phili light cheese and cucumber

DINNER
not sure yet

I have kinda changed a little frm Day 1 on the plan, but this is ok, so long as I keep within Day 1 to 14 plans..... :)

I will try and do my menu for every day and maybe you can copy Tanya :) Rather than buying the book, although the book does have exercises, motivation for the day and recipes, etc!!

First time in a week or so that I am rather excited about starting a diet, but not a diet; healthy eating and hopefully getting my desire back to exercise more.

Have continued to go to the health club, but usually only twice a week rather than the 4-5 times we were going but asked DH if we can go every night this week, even if it is just do do my 20 min walk which is part of the plan and oh, my weights too, which is part of the plan! (forgot about them Tanya)!

So, onwards and upwards folks!! Another step in my ardous journey :)

Loving the menu Iris, yes please, add your daily menu's, after Icmeler, I wouldnt mind following it myself.

Cheapskates huh?......lol. Why buy the book when we can follow Iris's menu.........haha.

:8855:always glad to help!!!!! :)
Yes, I will post them everyday, will help me to come on every day too.
Just said hi in the Rosemary Conley forum too...so that is good..just need to update my details now, but will put in weight tomorrow, which I am dreading doing as I reckon I have PUT ON all of the weight lost on the last stint of LT! What a waste!!!

Never a waste Iris - we learn something every time! But I know what you mean. There's no way forward into the past though - if you keep looking over your shoulder you can't move forward so leave what's gone before and get on with your FAB new plan! :)

The book is £6.49 on amazon if anyone's interested, free delivery. I'm tempted to get it - I just annoy myself that I buy every book everyone mentions! Lol! xx

hhahha - wait a few weeks Jan and have a read at mine! Lunch time reading!!!!!!!!!! You probably wouldnt start it before your hols, so keep hold of your money for now!

I'm sure we will be far too busy putting the world to rights to be reading a book!!! :) Might be good leaf through though - Ta :) xx

oh aye!!! hehehe......I will be posting my daily menu so you can see what it is, and i can copy the recipes, etc for ya...hahaha

Back