Scotsmists Take on Life!!!!!! And everything else :-)

Well, first day nearly over and I have LOVED IT!!!!!!!! It is amazing, but my weight wasnt so amazing.....nearly all put back on and that is just in 11 days!!!! BAD, BAD, BAD!! So, I need a more sustaining, healthier way to lose the weight.

I ACTUALLY looked at myself today in my undies, and all the spare tyres are back at the back and they were gone :-( but today is the start and I just have to get on with it and not look back!

So, my meals so far were

BREKKIE
4 turkey rashers, grilled, 2 toms, grilled and 100gms mushrooms!

POWER SNACK
200gm melon

LUNCH
100gm chicken, salad and tsp light mayo (should have been extra light but couldnt find this when shopping, so had tsp instead of tbsp)

I have still to have another POWER SNACK, which will be a rice cake, phili extra light and cucumber.

DINNER will be
Chilli prawn stir fry (now, dont laugh, but I am not having the prawn, I will just have the veggies and might have some Quorn)!!!!

Still need to have around 300ml milk, so I am going to sit down tonight and have a MILKY coffee :)

Off to the gym in around 10 mins and will do my 20 min run and all my toning that I need to do for today.

I am sure I can do this diet as it doesnt really feel like a diet at the minute as I am eating - if that makes sense!!!

I cant deny I am annoyed at myself for where I am again....but trying to just remain positive and get on with it - it is a time thing and sure that in a week I will feel less bloated and more confident than I do right now.

So, that is me folks :)

Iris, your menu looks brill today! and all that matters is that you are taking steps to sort it out :)

I hope now :fingerscrossed: that you'll post more around here and of course your menus!!!! :D :D :D

Do you have to have milk on that rc diet?

Totally makes sense that you dont feel like your on one seeing as youve been on one where you dont eat anything! :giggle:

xxxx

Whats done is done chick - just put the gain behind you and enjoy the RC healthy eating plan.

Sure looks a great menu. Enjoy the gym.

Hmmmmm - gym .... enjoy ...... enjoy ...... gym ....... doesn't compute for me....... which is probably why I'm so unfit!!!!

Great first day Iris ... looking like you've found your 'way'!!! :):):) xx

Iris, your menu looks brill today! and all that matters is that you are taking steps to sort it out :)

I hope now :fingerscrossed: that you'll post more around here and of course your menus!!!! :D :D :D

Do you have to have milk on that rc diet?

Totally makes sense that you dont feel like your on one seeing as youve been on one where you dont eat anything! :giggle:

xxxx

Oh, Tanya I feel stuffed, but with real, proper food..for the past week I havent had a proper meal as such, so feel as though my body has had a good dose of vitamins, etc and real, honest food!!!!!!

You need to have 450ml semi skimmed milk, but can substitute this for yoghurt....I cant remember exactly how much you can substitute...will find out! Need the calcium, well, this is what RC says.

The chilli prawn, but quorn for me was lovely actually!! I will post some recipes at some point.

I didnt have the rice cake; had an apple instead as I fancied a piece of fruit.

Whats done is done chick - just put the gain behind you and enjoy the RC healthy eating plan.

Sure looks a great menu. Enjoy the gym.

Agree to that Mary; never one for staying in the "feel sorry for me mood" for too long. The thing I cant get my head around is I dont feel on a diet..WONDERFUL!!! Long may this continue.

Hmmmmm - gym .... enjoy ...... enjoy ...... gym ....... doesn't compute for me....... which is probably why I'm so unfit!!!!

Great first day Iris ... looking like you've found your 'way'!!! :):):) xx

I really love going Jan, but it isnt like a gym as such as it is in a hotel, and it is like a little club as we all know each other and sit and gossip as well!! haha.....I did work hard thought tonight...walked for 28 mins, then did 30 mins of weights and the coreball.

Booked another coreball class for tomorrow..this was dear hubbies suggestion as he loves the coreball! So, trying a different woman, but it will be a bit different. Will go out for a 20 min walk as well tomorrow and need to walk up stairs consequatively 3 times, 4 times a day!!!!!!!! Part of the plan,,,,with toning exercises that I will do in the office!

Day 1 almost over and I feel very satisfied and excited with this new regime! I am sure there will be days that I may struggle, but I am enjoying the positivity in me right now......like Iris this way! She is nice to know then :p

This week is going to be a bit strange but think it should be ok. We are going to the gym every night this week, so I am going to eat my main meal at lunch time and then have soup at night with a granary roll and a piece of fruit. I have 4 portions in the freezer now :D:D:D

I made the soup recipe today, and well didnt quite come out as I had thought, it was a bit too veggie, so I blitz it but with it having chicken, it went a bit strange, but tasted really nice!!

The recipe is
Chicken Mushroom and Lemon Soup
SERVES 4, 141 CALS 2.7G FAT

1x150g skinles chicken breast, cut into small pieces
2 celery sticks, finely chopped
2 leeks, finely chopped
2 garlic gloves, crushed
300ml veg stock
10g dried mushrooms
300ml semi-skimmilk
1 tsp cornflour (I DIDNT USE THIS)
1 tsp fine lemon zest
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tsps low fat yoghurt
fresh chives to serve

preheat non sitck pan, dry fry chickn, celery, leeks and garlic for 2-3 mins. Stir in the stock and mushrooms and boil until the mushrooms are soft.
Pour the milk into the soup and simmer gently for 10-15 mins.
Mix cornflour with a little cold water and stir into the soup, along with the lemon zest, to allow the soup to thicken.
Once the soup has thickened stir in the parsley. Just before serving from the heat and stir in the yoghurt. Garnish with chives.

:)

Will post tomorrow and let you know what I will have, not sure what to do in the morning, as I get up quite early. But think I will get up 15 mins earlier and have turkey rashers again! I know I will go to M&S and get a ready meal (allowed this so long as it is 350cals max). Hopefully I will sort myself out for Tuesday.

I feel so positive today!! YIPPEE.....

I get the RC magazine every month to inspire me as it's basically a lf healthy eating regime rather than a set 'diet' programme, and it encourages exercise (rather than demanding it?). The diet plan you're following sounds great? I'll be interested to see how the weight loss goes after the first week or two?

(still lurking Tanya, will try to post more....lol!)

Looking good Iris, and nice to see you being so positive. Yeah, there may be days thats not so good, but thats just every day life.

Keep it up hun, doing great xx

LOVELY TO SEE YOU IRISH :)

Well Day 2
It has been an absolutely MANIC day to say the least and a story to tell! Isnt there always with me :)

Brekkie
2 Quorn sausages
5 mushrooms
100gm baked beans
YUMMY! First time I have had baked beans since I started LT, been frightened of them!!!

Power snack
200gm melon

Lunch
RIGHT, this is where the story begins! I was planning on having a M&S meal because I am gyming it tonight and not terribly well organised yesterday! So, thought, have main meal during day and then soup at night. Trawlled through MS at around 3pm (another story, as I have been so busy)!!! and starving into the bargain, and picked up a nice fish pie! Bought it, was about to walk out the door and low and behold it isnt microwavable!! DOHHHHH...what am I like! So, I had to then run and get a sandwich, under 300cals, which I did and had half a salad with it!!!

lunch

Count on Us British Chicken on wholemeal bread and a salad

No snack as I am still full and it is almost time to leave office!

DINNER
Will be - yes, you guessed, fish pie and maybe some salad!

So, I dont think I have had anywhere near my 1200 cals today and I still havent had all my milk, but remedy that later tonight!

Did my exercises from the book and off to coreball tonight and will do the stepper for 5-10 mins as I was suppose to walk up and down steps today but just havent had the chance! I did a 10 min walk (fast) as I was starving!!!!!!!

All in all, a good day again and nearly at Day 3.

Yes, will be interested to see the result come next Sunday! Will be interested how much I can lose and eat at the same time, as well as incorporating exercise (which I do anyway).

So,not sure if I will get on again tonight as I will have to cook meal tonight and one for tomorrow as well!

No rest for the wicked...must have been a right wicked person before ;-)!!

Sounds like you are well and truly motivated on this Iris, thats great for you, really pleased.

I too like to get things organised for the next day, nothing worse than being hungry and starting from scratch. Good luck at the gym tonight.

I think you coped brilliantly! Some people might have just thought s*d it and gone to the chippie ;)

Enjoy the gym :) xx

Yup i echo the others :) x

Day 3
Brekkie
Mullerlite yoghurt (oh, give me a proper yoghurt any day)!
Banana

AM POWER SNACK
6 Grapes (should have been 12, but will keep the other 6 for later)

LUNCH
Not what I planned yesterday
Chicken, mushroom and lemon soup
Wholemeal pitta
Orange

DINNER
Should be
salmon steak
new pots
asaparagus

Off to gym again tonight, but will be home pretty early so will eat main meal at night! Still need to fit in 6 grapes and another power snack (if I want it)!

Feeling ok, but think my mind is racing ahead and getting impatient as I want to be where I was a few weeks ago NOW! Which, quite frankly isnt going to happen, so I need just give myself a right good talking to.

Still do do my weight exercises (brought my weights into office) :) so will do them a bit later on!

Sounds good Iris :) .... are you saying Mullerlight is a proper yoghurt or you don't like them and would rather have something else? If so what would you call a 'proper' yoghurt? Just curious :)
Personally I find most Mullerlights too sweet & they're not a nice sweet. However I don't know what I'd call a 'proper' yoghurt, lol! So used to 'diet' stuff I suppose :) xx

Hi Jan

I used to always eat the mullerlight and then went to just normal yoghurts; the "best range", not low fat, but around 5-6% fat! Just dont have that funny aftertaste which I think you get in low fat yoghurts! But, it was pallatable, but not my favourite; feels runny and not nice and thick and fruity :D Eh- but I am sure I can survive with that.....wont have that many but just fancied a change for brekkie!

Looking good again today Iris :)
Ard init wanting to be where you was before like NOW! That was the beauty of tfr :sigh: xxxxxx

Back