Scotsmists Take on Life!!!!!! And everything else :-)

not sure if I have had it Mary.....just looked on Binnur's page and I cant seem to see it

Here is a link to the recipe I somewhat followed the last time I made it.

Anne Mutfak: Sebzeli Sac Kavurma (Stir-Fried Lamb with Vegetables)

Yes, I know it Mary...I defo think the reason why Turkish food is so nice is the fact the cook very slowly in olive oil!! It just seems to make such a difference...

I made a few meals the other month from my book and all olive oil based, but I didnt have any.....made them all for dear hubby and froze a lot too !! but I do enjoy trying new recipes out, esp Turkish ones....feel proud and always asking if I am getting better!! hahaha

I never used to like Olive Oil, or Olives for that matter, but now I love them both. I never buy any other sort of oil now.

SNAP!!!!!!!

I am on a mission to like honey now...as we are in the process of being bee keepers. DH loves honey, and I have never, but we went to Manchester Beekeeping Society the other week and bought some honey one of the members made and boy, it tastes so different...havent had any since been on RC, but I am allowed a tbsp for a breakfast, which I will have one day next week.

I never had bulgar wheat either...actually so many thing I never ate till I met DH!

I love honey too now, although I hated it when I was younger. I love it in porridge, I love it over a sliced banana, I love to mix it with mustard and use it in pork recipes, and even just mixed with some lemon juice and hot water for a sore throat. Wonderful stuff.

I love honey mixed with a little dark brown sugar over a roasted gammon joint! :drool:

Iris, you really are hitting your stride at this stage. Good for you. All our food sounds great. You seem well set for your party tomorrow night too. Hope you have a lovely time.
Wow! beekeeping, I so admire that. I love nature and all things natural. Honey straight from a hive is just beyond fantastic. It is so expensive to buy it that way but just fab. I keep a jar of Manuka honey in the fridge for sore throats. It is great. honey is also fab for blisters or burns. You put some honey on the area and cover with a little bandage and next morning your burn or blister will be almost gone. I have tried this and it does work!! Bit messy though!!

Ooooo - getting loads of tips what to look out for in the restaurants here! :):):)

Iris I love your novels too! Don't even think about trying to shorten them! :)

You're doing sooo well, RC seems to really suit you. Well done for reining yourself back in Marksies!!! It really wouldn't have been worth losing the great way you seem to be feeling at the moment now would it!?!

I look forward to seeing how your week's gone when you wi xx

Thats another thing I always bring home from Turkey, some various little jars of honey.

I think this is what has started OH off.....the honey here, even when expensive is NOTHING like honey you get in Turkey. We have friends that own a Turkish restaurant and he gets honey from him..hence why he wants his own :)

He got an email last night and we might have found a contact for the "nuc", which is the Queen bee and some workers!! So, might be more reality sooner rather than later...

Iris, you really are hitting your stride at this stage. Good for you. All our food sounds great. You seem well set for your party tomorrow night too. Hope you have a lovely time.
Wow! beekeeping, I so admire that. I love nature and all things natural. Honey straight from a hive is just beyond fantastic. It is so expensive to buy it that way but just fab. I keep a jar of Manuka honey in the fridge for sore throats. It is great. honey is also fab for blisters or burns. You put some honey on the area and cover with a little bandage and next morning your burn or blister will be almost gone. I have tried this and it does work!! Bit messy though!!

Thanks Molly! I am enjoying it which is a bonus in itself and dont feel I am missing out....not saying I dont get tempted now and again, I do, but overall I feel good about the food I am eating and well satisfied....

oh, didnt know that about burns, etc....must remember that one!!!!

Ooooo - getting loads of tips what to look out for in the restaurants here! :):):)

Iris I love your novels too! Don't even think about trying to shorten them! :)

You're doing sooo well, RC seems to really suit you. Well done for reining yourself back in Marksies!!! It really wouldn't have been worth losing the great way you seem to be feeling at the moment now would it!?!

I look forward to seeing how your week's gone when you wi xx

Thanks Jan!! I dont think I could shorten them if I tried....not in my nature..hahah...think I am a gab :0

D DAY - Day 8 - WEIGH IN DAY!!

Here goes folks!!

Weighed in today and have lost 6lbs!!!, forgot to convert to the kg, etc...so this will do for now!!!!!!

I did weigh the other day and was around the same weight, but this was the day after I came on, so wanted to see if it would make a difference...so, not sure if it wasnt ToTM whether I would have lost maybe an extra pound, but dont care, this will come off!!! So, not bad for 7 days of eating healthily, 1200 cals in fact and lost 6 lbs.....so, should make that stone for the month, so have to lose average of 2.5 lbs over the next 3 weeks!!! FINGERS CROSSED.

Yesterday went brilliantly! Didnt stop from the minute I got up till when they arrived...was having a shower when the phoned to say they would be earlier!! YIKES!!!! But we managed...foodwise was great and I had what I said, but just had the merigue on its own with a coffee as I didnt want the fruit/yoghurt at this point.

Must admit I went to bed last night terribly hungry!!! I even woke up really hungry, but eventually fell asleep. I think the white rice (not basmati) that was in the meal doesnt help!! But all in all I was very pleased that I didnt even stray.

My friend brought cakes from "Slattery's",,,for those that dont know this is a famous Patissier and Choclatier!!!!!!!!!! I did tell her not to buy me one, which she didnt, but the others just looked amazing!! But, didnt touch..no point at this stage....

So, onto day 8

BREKKIE
125ml orange juice
1 x slice of wholemeal bread
1 TBSP strawberry jam

LUNCH
Will be having 200gm cottage cheese and salad

DINNER
Salmon baked in over with chilli sauce
100gm new pots
asparagus
1 TSP LF mayo

And POWER SNACKS will be fruit..might have some kiwi today and half an apple/orange :)

Will catch up later on with you all as I need to get out to the allotment and the garden and do some planting, etc before the Grand Prix!!!!!! BIG FAN YOU SEE, and with it being Monaco!

Hope you are all having a good day, and Jan, I have everything crossed for tomorrow for you and your flight !!!!!!!

Take care

must try that one when I am able to eat gammon, although dont tend to eat any pig meat these days ;-)!!

I do eat bacon, but when we are in Turkey, if our Turkish friend comes to visit us for a few days, I tend to refrain while he is there with us. Cant say I love the bacon in Turkey anyway, not a patch on ours. (Wow, is this my first criticism of Turkey) :8855:

I think this is what has started OH off.....the honey here, even when expensive is NOTHING like honey you get in Turkey. We have friends that own a Turkish restaurant and he gets honey from him..hence why he wants his own :)

He got an email last night and we might have found a contact for the "nuc", which is the Queen bee and some workers!! So, might be more reality sooner rather than later...

I got offered a huge jar last year when I was there, but due to the weight restriction, I had to refuse -I was well gutted. Mind you, I do bring about 6 little jars home with me, but you are not supposed to bring honey into EU countries.

D DAY - Day 8 - WEIGH IN DAY!!

Here goes folks!!

Weighed in today and have lost 6lbs!!!, forgot to convert to the kg, etc...so this will do for now!!!!!!

I did weigh the other day and was around the same weight, but this was the day after I came on, so wanted to see if it would make a difference...so, not sure if it wasnt ToTM whether I would have lost maybe an extra pound, but dont care, this will come off!!! So, not bad for 7 days of eating healthily, 1200 cals in fact and lost 6 lbs.....so, should make that stone for the month, so have to lose average of 2.5 lbs over the next 3 weeks!!! FINGERS CROSSED.

Yesterday went brilliantly! Didnt stop from the minute I got up till when they arrived...was having a shower when the phoned to say they would be earlier!! YIKES!!!! But we managed...foodwise was great and I had what I said, but just had the merigue on its own with a coffee as I didnt want the fruit/yoghurt at this point.

Must admit I went to bed last night terribly hungry!!! I even woke up really hungry, but eventually fell asleep. I think the white rice (not basmati) that was in the meal doesnt help!! But all in all I was very pleased that I didnt even stray.

My friend brought cakes from "Slattery's",,,for those that dont know this is a famous Patissier and Choclatier!!!!!!!!!! I did tell her not to buy me one, which she didnt, but the others just looked amazing!! But, didnt touch..no point at this stage....

So, onto day 8

BREKKIE
125ml orange juice
1 x slice of wholemeal bread
1 TBSP strawberry jam

LUNCH
Will be having 200gm cottage cheese and salad

DINNER
Salmon baked in over with chilli sauce
100gm new pots
asparagus
1 TSP LF mayo

And POWER SNACKS will be fruit..might have some kiwi today and half an apple/orange :)

Will catch up later on with you all as I need to get out to the allotment and the garden and do some planting, etc before the Grand Prix!!!!!! BIG FAN YOU SEE, and with it being Monaco!

Hope you are all having a good day, and Jan, I have everything crossed for tomorrow for you and your flight !!!!!!!

Take care

Iris, 6lb wow, thats fantastic, I am so pleased for you. Glad the night went well and well done you for not having a cake, they did sound delicious.

Good luck for the contact for the bee-keeping, that will be great if you can get it all sorted out.

Well done honey ! <'scuse the pun !!! :)

You've been really focussed and determined this week and you sincerely deserve your reward !

I'm looking forward to joining you on RC after my hols !

C. xx

Well done Iris - great result, I'm really pleased for you :):)

Thanks for the best wishes - keep everything crossed for us ;):) xx

Flippin well done Iris! Fantastic result!!!!
Seems like the RC diet is really working well for you :)

Back