Scotsmists Take on Life!!!!!! And everything else :-)

:8855::8855: still giggling now thinking about it,,,worse thing was it was said without thinking...hahahaahah

Yes, I know, 1 tsp, I mean, come on!! haahaa...but I think the prunes must have made me full..oh, forgot to add I had a glass of sparkling water in the morning so MAYBE that filled me up too!!!!

Laughter is the best medicine of all. It is great when it happens so spontaneously!!
You really are hitting your stride on Rosemary Conley's plan. Reckon Sat will be no problem at all to you!
Oh, the prunes are low GL. 60g or 6 prunes are 10gl per Holford and Denby as well.

Thanks Irish..I actually forgot how much I actually like prunes. I know a lot of people dont, but I do and now that I know they are low GI, even better!! Meant to have a look at my GI book........will try and do that over the weekend!

I bought all my food for Saturday and have already worked out what I am having, by moving round some of my allowance from Brekkie and Lunch and power snacks...

I am having something totally different, but it is a Count on Us Chinese or Thai meal, cant remember now, and I will have a pitta bread as well as salad!
Then, I will have Eaton Mess...with 1 merigue crushed, 2 TBSP nat yoghurt and some fruit :)

Really looking forward to it now :))))))

Looking great Iris - you'll cope with Sat no problem! You're not actually missing out on anything so why shouldn't you? :)

I know what 'jiggle' means! :) xx

Day 6!!!!!!
Well, I got through last night's grumbles :) Glad you were ok Mary!!

Right so, for today.

BREKKIE
Suppose to be 200gm fruit (but I had about 120gm frozen summer berries)...couldnt eat 200gm,,,far too much in the bowl!
100ml of LF Nat Yoghurt.

POWER AM SNACK
either 1 orange or 12 grapes..still got these grapes lurking in the office :)

LUNCH
Now, this is what I am looking forward to and HAVE TO CONFESS never had it!! I make it for DH a lot but I havent ventured there yet, so today is D Day! Hope I like it.

1 x bagel (what not to like there)!!
50gm vl phili cheese
50gm smoked salmon
and a sprinkling of dill

POWER SNACK
Not sure! May have an apple later on tonight as I never want a snack in the afternoon as I have lunch late!

DINNER
Will be later on as going to the gym tonight around 7pm till about 8:30pm

Turkish meal
karnabahar which is
lean mince steak
onion
dill all dry fried
passata
lay this on top of cauliflower and let all the juices flow into it and cook slowly for about 1-1.30 hrs!!!

Serving with bulgar....cant remember how much, but it is a RC blue portion pot, but think this is way under as it is suppose to be raw and I weighed it cooked!!!

So looking forward to this tonight, so foodwise today, it is a good day! Oh, why didnt I do this sooner!!!!

Saturday is all sorted to guys!
They are having BBQ food, but not on a BBQ (too cold).....
potato and chive salad
good old Turkish salad
Foccacia bread

I am having a count on us either Thai or Chinese meal (cant remember now), with rice and peas.
Kept back my pitta bread from lunch so will have this
Salad (cucumber yog dill for me and normal salad)

DESSERT - oh yes :)
Not sure what they are having yet, was going to give them merigue, etc...but DH said have a proper dessert, so off to MS again at lunch time.......
Me, I am having, the Eaton mess, which is 90 cals.

So, my calories are bang on the 1000 with all the jiggling :p about and my 200 for milk throughout the day! PERFECT, ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!!!

No alcohol, but that isnt a problem at all! Will buy some low cal ginger beer as RC was mentioning this, so going to try it, and got my sparkling water as well :)

Feeling good and full of life!!!

A novel again :)

Keep these novels coming Iris, the menu's definitely seem varied and filling, appetising too.

Glad you are settling into RC, really pleased for you.

Iris, that turkish meal sound delish! I might have to give that one a whirl!! :)

Keep these novels coming Iris, the menu's definitely seem varied and filling, appetising too.

Glad you are settling into RC, really pleased for you.

:D will do Mary!!!
Well the bagel with cheese and smoked salmon was delish!! It did take me a while to get to grips with it as it was quite strong and fishy....obviously!! haha...but it was so filling. Didnt manage to eat till 3.30pm as I had a bit of a busy time beforehand! So, reckon I will have that again..

Thanks Mary ! I am really enjoying it and feel that the variety is really good, esp Brekkie and lunch. As I had got into a bad habit of having a massive big bowlful of meusli, and then a sandwich, crisps and choc bar at lunch....and consequently felt very very very very bloated! Now I feel satisfied but no bloated feeling.

Iris, that turkish meal sound delish! I might have to give that one a whirl!! :)

It is lovely Tanya...I will try and find a proper recipe for you as I just know and dont measure or anything!!!! But, I would say it is one of my absolute favourite meals as it is so simple, yet really tasty and filling!

Thanks Mary ! I am really enjoying it and feel that the variety is really good, esp Brekkie and lunch. As I had got into a bad habit of having a massive big bowlful of meusli, and then a sandwich, crisps and choc bar at lunch....and consequently felt very very very very bloated! Now I feel satisfied but no bloated feeling.

Glad to hear it my lovely :)

Day 6 nearly over and I did 35 mins cardio and around 20 mins weights tonight! Go Girl :)!! I do feel tired tonight, but as I have just finished my dinner I cant even think about venturing to bed till after 11 at least!!!

I would say today has been the best food wise, I have thoroughly enjoyed all my meals today and not had my second power snack, but not sure whether I will have it as I dont feel hungry!

I did feel a bit tempted today as I was in Marks again and saw all the lovely chocolates, and biscuits and was almost transported back to that feeling I get when I binge...but reeled myself in and came back to reality and though how happy I feel so why ruin it! I know I will get many days like this in the future, but I just need to try and bottle up the feeling of feeling slim and that no sort of junk food will ever replace that feeling!

Why can we be so sensible when we are being good!!!!

I know Iris, it is so hard when we get tempted, but look at how good you must feel tonight, by not succumbing to temptation. Well done.

I know Mary....the feeling is better than a big bar of choc! honestly..

Have you heard of Binnur's Turkish Cookbook??? google it! A Turkish woman living in Canada...I have her book but she has a brill website and shows photos.....all the meals I have made have come out spot on!!!

Not sure of that recipe, but just asked Hubby and all I got was it was some sort of kebab!!! ahhahah....but she may have a recipe in her repetoire! If you cant find it I will email you the link :)

The link would be great thanks Iris.
Sac kavurna is a casserole, you know cooked on those little pan thingies with the flame underneath. It can be made with chicken, lamb or beef. I love it.

Back