Scottie's Exante Journey - Phase 2!

Good luck for today scottie and yes, I'm definitely up for 100% day and NO PICKING!!!!! :D x

Good luck for today scottie and yes, I'm definitely up for 100% day and NO PICKING!!!!! :D x

Woohoo!! I'll be popping over to your diary in a minute to see how you've gotten on today
:D

Today has been pretty good for me. Randomly felt physically hungry at around lunch time in work (so much so that I felt nauseus) but powered through it and then thoroughly enjoyed my cuppa and a bar. Have just had my second shake for the day (choc - yummy) and then need to get organised for tomorrow. 100% TS weeeeee!!!

That said, I am still having pooh issues :jelous: but I visited my wee gran earlier and she gave me some free movicol so I'm hoping that will sort me out. Couldn't work out what dosage I'd need though (1-3 sachets is not very specific) so have started with one and will see how it goes. Would be nice if I could shed 2 pooh pounds in the morning (sorry, way TMI!!) :D

xx

Woohoo!! I'll be popping over to your diary in a minute to see how you've gotten on today
:D

Today has been pretty good for me. Randomly felt physically hungry at around lunch time in work (so much so that I felt nauseus) but powered through it and then thoroughly enjoyed my cuppa and a bar. Have just had my second shake for the day (choc - yummy) and then need to get organised for tomorrow. 100% TS weeeeee!!!

That said, I am still having pooh issues :jelous: but I visited my wee gran earlier and she gave me some free movicol so I'm hoping that will sort me out. Couldn't work out what dosage I'd need though (1-3 sachets is not very specific) so have started with one and will see how it goes. Would be nice if I could shed 2 pooh pounds in the morning (sorry, way TMI!!) :D

xx

LMFAO!!! Loving the 'pooh pounds'!!! I had to take movicol earlier in the week, I took a sachet on Monday and one on Tuesday and about an hour after taking that one I was there so I if I were you I wouldn't take too many! LOL

Well done on being 100%!!! You make it sound so easy and I can't believe how motivated and good you still are! Don't you ever get tempted??!! LOL

Anyway, I'm going off to bed now as my tummy is grumbling a bit and I don't want to be tempted by the hobnobs!!!

Good Luck for tomorrow! :D x x x

Well done on being 100%!!! You make it sound so easy and I can't believe how motivated and good you still are! Don't you ever get tempted??!! LOL

Good Luck for tomorrow! :D x x x

Thanks BB! Being 100% isn't easy for me at all, and I think I've probably done more WS days than TS days so far so I'm still working on it! I think the biggest deterrant (?sp) from cheating for me on exante has been the prospect of having to get back into ketosis as it was so bloody awful the first time round. I'm also going away on holiday to sunny spain in less than 2 weeks so I know I only have 11 days left on exante then a wee break so that's keeping me going too. I'm counting down the days until I can have a bit of bread lol. I've never gone this long without bread before in my entire life!!!

Will be enjoying my food on my holiday and having a well deserved break after exante phase 1, then will be right back on the wagon when I get home for phase 2 until christmas and hopefully goal!!!

Hope you all have a good day today. I'm going for 100% TS again!

xx

You're SO organised...I love it!!!! You're going to enjoy your holiday bread SOOOOOO Much! :D!

Hope you have a fab day too although I'm sure you will...you always do!! :D xxx

I agree with BB, you NEVER seem to moan you just get on with it! Think we all need to take a leaf out of Scottie's book!! Have a fab day xx

Just joining in the scotminx love-in! :D :D :D
It really does help to pop by your journal and see such a positive attitude!
11 days until you get your new skinnier self onto the beach, not bad eh? Enjoy that bread... for me its potatoes - never thought I could go a week without them before, my major downfall!
Have a good TS day
LED x

Aww shucks guys!!! You're all making me blush :p

I have to say I've wobbled a couple of times today - again feeling physically hungry to the point of nausea which is weird as I'm defo still in ketosis so I don't really know what that's about. I've been feeling pretty sick since I got in from work to the point that I was just about to go munch some protein and stuff the shake but I'd feel guilty now after all your kind comments! So, I'm gonna suck it up, go have my shake and I'll be back shortly to see what you've all been up to today!

:)

xx

You are so bloody good scottie! How the hell do you do it?!?!?! lol Bottle whatever it is and send some of it down to me will ya!!! Well done you on not giving in, you're going to reach your goal in no time, even with the holiday you have. You're in the right place at the moment and it's really obvious and I'm really envious of you!! Wishing you a fab day tomorrow too :D xx

hey hun , well done for not picking , are you feeling any better now ?? I feel really really sick the other day , but forced my shake down and felt much better :D did you manage to sort out the 'pooh problem ' ?? That could make you feel pretty sick if its still not .. errrm ... moving !!!

Thanks BB & D. It's hard going but only 9 exante days left until holiday so I'm counting down the days!!

I'm feeling a bit better today thanks - the nausea seems to have passed which I think has coincided with sorting out pooh (thanks to Movicol :D). I've got some benefiber now which I'm going to try adding to my shakes regularly to keep things moving now that I've had a clear out ;)

Going for 100% TS today again but working from home so I need to try extra hard to keep myself busy/distracted and out of the kitchen!!

xx

Good luck for today scottie! I've already caved in after my pleasing weigh in! BOOOOO lol

I'm sure you won't though....you never do!!! :D xxx

Well I'm pleased to say I have actually been 100% TS today!! It's been soooo tough being at home all day but I watched a couple of episodes of biggest loser USA and that's been enough to keep me going. Also really want a good big loss this week as the last 2 WIs have been a wee bit disappointing and I want to be as far away from 13 as possible before my holiday. Would prefer not to be starting back in the 13s as getting into the 12s was a major barrier for me...

Just need to keep myself occupied tonight and I'm hoping to see 12.11 or less at my peeky WI tomorrow!

x

scotminx said:
Well I'm pleased to say I have actually been 100% TS today!! It's been soooo tough being at home all day but I watched a couple of episodes of biggest loser USA and that's been enough to keep me going. Also really want a good big loss this week as the last 2 WIs have been a wee bit disappointing and I want to be as far away from 13 as possible before my holiday. Would prefer not to be starting back in the 13s as getting into the 12s was a major barrier for me...

Just need to keep myself occupied tonight and I'm hoping to see 12.11 or less at my peeky WI tomorrow!

x

Oooo l shall be looking forward to your peeky WI!! well done for being a good Scottie today ;) x

Morning folks!!

Well, I'm pleased to say that I was 12.11 at my sneeky peek WI - that's a 2lb loss and I still have 3 full TS days to go.

Also, weirdly, my period seems to have arrived :(. Very strange as I'm on the combined pill and still have a few days left before my pill break. This has never happened before (I'm usually like clockwork) so I'm guessing the VLCD is messing with me hormones! Just hope it doesn't affect the pill from working - my OH would have a fit!

I'm going to do my first ever shred work out today assuming my cramp doesn't get too bad. I have been thoroughly inspired to get my butt moving after watching the biggest loser!

Hope you all have a lovely Saturday!

x

Ok turns out my TOTM isn't here at all, rather have had breakthrough bleeding/spotting. After some googling I posted this on the main page as I was a bit concerned:

I've been on the combined oral contraceptive pill for years, have never missed a pill, and always take it at the same time everyday (I'm a dilligent girl ;)). I have 3 pills left in my pack before my pill break, and this morning have experienced brown spotting/break-through bleeding which has NEVER happened to me before. I'm in month 2 on exante, and I know VLCDs can mess with your hormones, but this is very strange for me as my cycles are like clockwork and I've never had any issues like this before.

I've seen a few posts where people have done a VLCD whilst on the pill and became pregnant, and it also seems that spotting/breakthrough bledding can be a sign of early pregnancy. Given that my *ahem* "appetite" has increased considerably of late and my OH has been happy to oblige, I'm starting to wonder whether this could be a pregnancy sign?

I'm 28 and have never been pregnant before, having been on long term oral contraceptives until my career and other things were in order. I desperately want a family in the next few years, but was hoping to get married first, etc... I would be happy if I was pregnant, but certainly haven't been trying to conceive, and probably wouldn't have for a couple more years.

Would love to hear any of your thoughts...

x

Well, despite an emotional rollercoaster of a day yesterday (thanks to google I have convinced myself I might be pregnant) I managed to stick to plan even though my OH tried to convince me to have some pizza.

As a result I'm 12.10 on the scales this morning and have decided to take that as my week 5 loss (-3lbs) as I need a day off today. My WI day will now be a Sunday.

I'm emotionally exhausted and I know food won't solve my problems, but I want to go out for one nice meal to take my mind off things and get out of the house. I actually think a break from it all could help me refocus for one last week until my holiday. I know I'll likely come out of ketosis, but I accept that and will suck it up to get the scales back to 12.10 (or less) before I go away next week.

The plan is to come back raring to go for phase 2 around the 25th August, but I'll be here over the next week trying to keep things in check.

Scottie is out for the day - just need to clear my head then I'll be back - promise!

xx

Good for you lady!!! Enjoy your lovely meal, if anyone deserves it, you do. You've done brilliantly and I only wish I could summon up the willpower that you have. I'm really trying and each week begins well but I never seem to end it well whereas you really do! I'm so pleased for youandeven if you gain whilst on hols, I KNOW you'll be straight back to shift the gain and the rest of the weightin now time. We're in it for the long haul eh scottie....if you need a break..have one! :D xxx

Thanks BB, you're so supportive!!! I've had a very small carb munch so far and feel better for it. I was surprised at how little I was able to eat, but I guess my stomach must have shrunk and my appetite was still low with ketosis (but K will be well and truly gone now). I'm looking forward to my meal tonight, but equally am looking forward to getting back on plan tomorrow to keep my bum skinny for my hols. I have some nice new holiday clothes (some are size 14!!!) and I need to make sure I don't blow it before I go away as I want everything to fit me.

Will be back on tomorrow night looking for some support to get me through the evening as I won't have the benefits of K.

Hope you all have a nice Sunday!

xx

Back