Scrumpers diary the revenge !!!!

Which steroid inhaler are you on? I must say that if its an inhaler it wont do much in the way of stalling you. I have something called brittle asthma and its one of the most life threatening sorts. If your asthma is that bad DO NOT stop your preventative inhaler. If you can do without then your asthma cant be that bad and should be re assessed. There is not much i dont know about asthma, had it since the age of 7 and it got very bad and diagnosed as brittle asthma (borderline type 1&2) in 2004. Since then ive been hospitalised at least once a year and in itu (intensive care). In 2007 i almost died and it took 12hrs for them to stabilise me, after putting me to sleep.
The more weight you lose the less strain it puts on your body as excess weight can make matters worse. Yes a preventative inhaler is steroid based but the content is very little an unless you take an oral steroid (like me all the time) your weight will be fine with this and it is not known to cause any gain or stall when losing (refer to the british lung foundation and asthma.org or asthma support uk). I dont mean to sound stroppy and sorry if i do but you have touched on something that you dont sound to know much about that i am very passionate about. I too didnt really understand it until i was seconds away from death and had a huge wake up call. Im a paramedic so my knowledge was ood but not great. If i can lose the weight i have while on oral steroids and one of the strongest sreroid inhalers on the market then im certain you can

Great post cheryl. I too think its very dangerous to stop ANY medication at all without consulting your dr first (which i know you said you are going to do).
And as Cheryl says if she can still lose it while taking the oral steroids then you can too with the inhaler. She has done really well dieting and just wroking hard to get the weight off.
Do the diet for a while and if you still not losing then go speak to your doc.

I will honestly say hand on my heart that if you are not losing its not the medication. I was on 80mg of steroids and 8 puffs on my steroid based inhaler when i left hospital the last time and still lost weight. Yes the only reason i gained weight at first and didnt lose it was because or the steroids but not inhaled or oral it was iv. I manages to get as healthy as i could (for long enough to stay off the tablets all of 4mths) and start a diet that then stopped seeing them as bad thing in my body and since then it hasnt been a problem.

Glad you have taken control of your asthma hon xxxx

Brittle asthma is just that....brittle so i can never take control of it but i can do things to help like my allergy testing and food allergy testing. My asthma can strike at anytime without warning and can put me in hospital poss everytime. I make changes to help me and understand that this is a condition not to go away.

thats a terrible thing to have to have Cheryl. Does anything specific bring the attacks on?

Anything at all hun, amimals, trees, weather, emotion, foods, infection, just life itself really! I wont let it get me down though, i have wonderful family and friends and live for now not then.

Good for you babe xxxxx

my daughter has asthma and is very well monitored ..I went to the drs as i was gettinbg out of breath walking up the hill from school everyday insted of talking about weight lack of exercise new hilly area ect she said oh yeah asthma take this its quatar (SP?) .....
Im very careful as my son has mild asthma and my dd is like I say monitored ....
Id be more inclined to look at the fact that both my nan and mother died of lung related ilness yrs of smoking i gave up 7 yrs ago after being the same
sorry to hear of yours ...im not totally up on it no but i want the dr to check it not just the nurse

Omg, i cant believe this. I just wrote you a big long reply and my computer turned itself off. I'll re write it at a later time, im off to eat now

morning .today is my now 10 year olds birthday so ive just had to make them all pancakes and the sit with my oatbran porridge whilst they ate them !!!
its party tea tonight so i will see how that goes
for me though its my first pv day have done 6 pp so thought id do pv i seem to be losing 1lb every 2 days so can live with that im sure it will go to 2lb a week now

today then
B oatbran poridge with yogurt
L cold meats and salad
D lasagne made with the cabbage leaves want to give it a go anyways

next time you make them pancakes, have a second pan going and make yourself something called "Orlac pancakes" (cos the girl who created them on a French website's pseudo was "Orlac").

I'll paste this on the recipe thread too:

Crêpe légère d'Orlac

2 whole eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons skimmed milk powder
1 tablespoon sweetener
(instant coffee powder, or drip of food flavouring of your choice)

Beat together. Heat a good non stick small frying pan (or use a squirt).

Put a spoonful or two of the mixture in. Wait for the bottom to cook before attempting to turn (with a wide spatula). Then quickly cook second side.

First one is usually not pretty, like with "real pancakes", but I became quite proficient at making these at one stage. Must have another go...

OK ON ATTACK!!

oh sounds good will try it they usually only have them on pancake day as the mess with 3 kids and a lot of sticky stuff is terrible and im such a mean mummy !!!
but im sure we still have the littlest ones bd so if she asks then i will try it
thanks

Well it's a good excuse to post a dessert recipe which can save us from nibbling something else... cos by the time we've got the knack of cooking these babies, we've long forgotten we were hungry!

Good luck Tan with the party food, I feel a bit sluggish today, going to have a strong espresso, that usually sorts me;).
I have seen the recipe for those pancakes must give them a try, yum. We have no milk for cereal(of course I have saved a bit for my coffees:p)so they want triangle scones for breakfast/brunch

triangle scones??

with butter and jam?

and clotted cream?

:cry:yeah:cry:

HOLD THAT THOUGHT...

I'm COMING!!

Back