Scrumpers diary the revenge !!!!

Very good work at those motorway cafes... never easy when hungry, everyone else is going to have something, yet there's nothing appropriate for us.

At first I thought I was reading a snow story. How sad for the family of that person...

(how can you only eat 1/2 a yoghurt? who do you share with?)

1/2 gos back in the fridge i find a whole one too sickly

just got back from town its getting cold again
went to tesco got a few bits as if it does snow im not getting caught out so i picked up frozen roasties ect for xmas day i know it will be fine now ive done that

Food today
B galette and egg
L beef (have piles left lol)
D chicken legs

Shame about the lengthy car journey at the weekend and indeed - great self-discipline on your part at the motoway cafes. It's only when you start watching properly what you eat or excluding a whole food group or two that you realise how unhealthy most of the food served there really is...

Wishing you **no more snow**... except on Christmas day of course!

Scrumper can you tell me how you make your chilli please? I do mine with onions, garlic, ginger, chilli powder, tinned tomatoes and salt and pepper but what do you use for a stock? I have been using oxo but know I shouldn't.
Also, I want to do a joint of beef in the slow cooker but can't find any recipes for it, what sort of stock or juice do you cover it with?

Frozen roasties are a great idea! (hate them so wouldn't touch them! Note to self: add to shopping list!!).

1/2 a French yoghurt is just a mouthful. Methinks you're talking about those bucket size Muller Lites?!!

Kaye - I have the Dukan recipe book in which he uses low salt stock cubes. I don't know how easy they are to find though...

And Anja posted ref her beef cooked in the slow cooker, so here's the link:
http://www.minimins.com/dukan-recipes/180141-slow-cooker-recipes.html
(no liquid...)

Last edited:
kay if a pp day i just add water i tiny bit of tom purree and extra chilli if pv then a tom of tomatoes goes in
as for beef the one i did this week had no stock added but loads of juices at the end and i put a couple of whole onions in with it

Yep jo its the muller lights, cant do a whole one .....as for the roasties its an emergancy measure but i doubt they will be needed , like you i cant stand them so it would be one less thing to eat carb wise !!!!

Ok afternoon all just been to my course and thats it till January 5th do have homework though.....
still have a cold well well ....
Have a weigh in dilema im hoping to loss a bit more before xmas , but if i go under 11st i may then go into panick mode and not want to eat anything but dukan over xmas so i dont blow it ...but it is christmas ...mmm we will see i will probably not lose that much so it wont affect me ....
so today kids have christmas party and then its home early night job
food wise
B galette and egg
L more beef
D chicken maybe a curry

kay if a pp day i just add water i tiny bit of tom purree and extra chilli if pv then a tom of tomatoes goes in
as for beef the one i did this week had no stock added but loads of juices at the end and i put a couple of whole onions in with it

Yep jo its the muller lights, cant do a whole one .....as for the roasties its an emergancy measure but i doubt they will be needed , like you i cant stand them so it would be one less thing to eat carb wise !!!!
But when cooking in the slow cooker your meat has to be completely covered with liquid doesn't it???

er no Kay i never do as it always makes its own juces never had a problem i do mince everything dry and its juiced by teatime

afternoon all been shopping in barnstaple all day still didnt get round all the shops though
Its getting cold now and started to rain ....kids have one more day at school then home for 16 days

food today
B boiled egg
L coffee was in town no chance to stop
Dgalette quorn sausages and egg

ugh at kids off for 16 days! How are you scrumps? Still unwell?

morning all we had a tiny bit of snow last night , still had to take the kids to school , scary experience slid down the hill ....got panicked by 2 blue lighted police landrovers at a junction , and the road to the school was awful ,,,,, only 8 miles up the road they have closed roads and schools . still if it snows tonight like they say will give swimming a miss with the kids tomorrow !!!!!
Dropped into tesco on the way back and picked up malibu and tia maria for xmas so im ok lol
anyway ........ had a bit of as confidence boost yeasterday , went into the pannier market and was looking at a dress that i had seen at the festivals in the summer velvet and really gothic , the bloke serving said "only problem is its probably too big for you,its free size but you only look a size 10 to 12" ....blimey I like that bloke !!!! so didnt get it but felt good lol
Another 1lb off this week awaiting a transit issue so may lose next week too
rioght off to do my cleaning last day home before the kids are about and test my willpower

right food
b coffee cant face food yet
lboiled eggs
d galette beef and mustard

ugh at kids off for 16 days! How are you scrumps? Still unwell?
yep 16 days of fights and squables love em !!!!!
yep this cold is annoying my now but the dr wouldnt give me anything , dyls seeing the asthma nurse on Tuesday so i may twist her arm a bit lol

What a lovely compliment Tan - you must be feeling on cloud nine!

My Daughter finished college yesterday but she is 16 and stays in bed unless prodded, which is good when I am trying to work. My Son finishes at lunchtime but comes home on the bus. No sign of snow here yet.

Wales again for Christmas so I will give you another wave!

went into the pannier market and was looking at a dress that i had seen at the festivals in the summer velvet and really gothic , the bloke serving said "only problem is its probably too big for you,its free size but you only look a size 10 to 12" ....blimey I like that bloke !!!! so didnt get it but felt good lol
How wonderful! Those comments are the best! Try to "bottle it" to bring out, and remind yourself how chuffed you felt, when something tempts you next week <note to self: do same!!>

That's a lovely compliment - what an ego boost, and they're so important aren't they?

Hope you start feeling better soon :)

thanks ladies lol .....yep its a nice feeling and makes me remember why im on this diet ...
mouse .can you get to Wales in the snow ?
my lad would stay in bed playing computer allday if i let him !
The girls though fight constantly they are 5 and 7 and im dreading when they are teenagers.....
I am planning on a few lazy days before xmas though

I hope we can get to Wales! My two fight but they seem to do it more when I am around - I suspect they like an audience!

Now I have been looking through that book - what do you fancy, lemon and blueberry muffins, lemon drizzle cake or beetroot brownies?

oh yummy post them all mine would never suss lol

Back