150g dark chocolate min 70% cocoa
2 tbspns rice flour
70g cocoa
2 tspns baking powder
1 tspn vanilla extract

30g chopperd hazelnuts for the top

preheat oven to 160 gas mark 3
line and grease 27cm x 20cm x 5cm tin

cook the beets in the microwave for 10 mins in a heatproof bowl with a splash of water, covered in cling film.

blitz the hazelnuts to a powder in a food processor.

Whisk the eggs sugar and salt with a hand held whisk until tripled in volume

Drain the water from the beets and blend to a puree. Add the chocolate before recovering with clingfilm and putting to one side. (the beets need to be hot to meklt the chocolate so if they have cooled too much reheat before adding the chocolate).

Beat the powdered nuts, flour, cocoa, baking powder and vanilla into teh egg mix until well combined

Add the beetroot /choc mix and fold together.

Pour into tin and sprinkle the 30g of chopped nuts on top.

Cook for 35 mins.

Remove from oven and cool in the tin for 20 mins before cutting up.

More later.... (oh and I would just use plain flour!!)

Brownies
400g peeled raw beetroot cut into a 2cm dice
100g hazelnuts
3 medium eggs
220g light muscovado sugar
1/4 tspn salt
150g dark chocolate min 70% cocoa
2 tbspns rice flour
70g cocoa
2 tspns baking powder
1 tspn vanilla extract

30g chopperd hazelnuts for the top

preheat oven to 160 gas mark 3
line and grease 27cm x 20cm x 5cm tin

cook the beets in the microwave for 10 mins in a heatproof bowl with a splash of water, covered in cling film.

blitz the hazelnuts to a powder in a food processor.

Whisk the eggs sugar and salt with a hand held whisk until tripled in volume

Drain the water from the beets and blend to a puree. Add the chocolate before recovering with clingfilm and putting to one side. (the beets need to be hot to meklt the chocolate so if they have cooled too much reheat before adding the chocolate).

Beat the powdered nuts, flour, cocoa, baking powder and vanilla into teh egg mix until well combined

Add the beetroot /choc mix and fold together.

Pour into tin and sprinkle the 30g of chopped nuts on top.

Cook for 35 mins.

Remove from oven and cool in the tin for 20 mins before cutting up.

More later.... (oh and I would just use plain flour!!)

Thanks Manda, will be doing those for sure!

Nice compliment, Tan! :D:D:D

Mine too will be home for 16 days but I'm looking forward to it despite
a - the pre-teen attitude of the eldest
b- the fact that they'll be hyper until Christmas Day
c - they'll go back to school still tired

BUT

we're going down to see my brother and SIL in between Christmas and New Year. :D

I haven't put on the recipe thread as they are noway Dukan, but just from my new cake book that tries to produce healthier cakes by hiding veggies in them all!

Thanks hun kids will love them he he !!!
Laura mine are the same , next week will be a nightmare till xmas morning.
Ive learnt to put them a breakfast bar and a carton of orange on their bed so i get a few extra hours kip , as they have a small stocking on their bed filled with stuff they can do !!!!

That's the year I knew I'd grown up... when my Mum brought ME a cup of tea in bed to get ME up on Christmas Day!

lol I think i remember them days ...but its all started again with kids by the time the last goes to sleep the first is upto see if santas been I think i got an hours sleep last year at least this year were not doing family so I have my own bed and can just go down and make a cuppa and come back to bed for a while ....we split pressies up over the day so they now they cant have anymore till after breakfast...

Lemon and Lavender Drizzle cake
(I may try this weekend without the lavender which I don't fancy).

200g peeled swede cut into 2cm cubes
120g clear honey
2 medium eggs
grated zest of 1 lemon
1 heaped tbspn dried lavender flowers
60g white rice flour
60g ground almonds
2 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn salt

For the drizzle
3 tbspns golden granulated sugar
2 tbspns water
juice of 1 lemon (100ml)

Preheat oven to 180 / gas 4

Line and grease a 19cmx12cmx8cm loaf tin

Put the sewde in a heatproof bowl with a splash of water and cover with clingfilm. Cook in microwave on high for 7 minutes until soft to touch. Once cooked drain and blend to a smooth puree.

In a large bowl whisk the honey and eggs for two minutes until bubbly

Add the lemon zest, lavender, flour, almonds, baking powder and salt and whisk again. Once mixed together add the swede and whisk in.

Pour the mixture into the tim and cook n the centre of the oven for 30 minutes.

While the cake is cooking prepare the drizzle. Dissove the sugar in the water by heating slowly in a small pan. When the sugar has dissolved take off hte heat and set aside. Add the lemon juice when the sugar syrup is cool.

REmove the cake from the oven, leave it in the tin and prick it right through to the bottom with a skewer so that it is covered with little holes. Drizzle the sweet lemon liquid over the cake. Do this while the cake is still hot and at its most absorbant.

Finish off by sprinkling with a little sugar and a few lavender flowers.

yummy that sound good !!!!!

Ive just had a sandwich for tea ...made with dukan microwave bread beef mustard and onions ...god it was goooooooooooooooooood and i feel stuffed now!!!

That sandwich sounds amazing. Is the microwave bread good then? I've not been tempted to try it yet but I might give it a go.

sometimes i find it a bit chewy but this one was really good
2tbs oatbran
1tbs wheatbran
2tbsfromage frais
1 egg
teaspoon baking powder
I think you can add herbs
I put it in one of those plastic takeaway trays then nuked for 4 mins
left it for 5 mins sliced it in half put in beef mustard and onions one door step sarnie
think i may have it as toast tomorrow with poached eggs on top

morning all we have snow ...kids have been out for about 3 minutes now back in as they are too cold lol ....weve not got much but if it snows again today it will be interesting...im not going out still got a stuffy head
OH has gone off to work and then to do his xmas shopping as hes away working all week next week so wont have a chance or his mum and dad will have supermarket pressies !
I was supposed to be taking the kids swimming but im not going to risk going down the hill in the car and the kids refuse to walk down so its an indoors day .....
Food today mmmmm difficult ive gone off my egg and galette as i cant taste it and yesterday found that the bread i made was fantastic , so will probably have that again
Bboiled egg
Lbeef and dukan bread sandwich
Dquorn sausage and egg

Morning Tan!

Arguments have started here - have sent them all off to tidy their bedrooms! It's a bit cold here, still icy out in patches but the snow has gone, thank goodness. I'll send the kids out to play once their rooms are done! Fancy a morning of peace to get on with stuff.

Might try the bread but a sweet version with mixed spice or something as a Christmas extra - good plan!

Hope your OH manages to get round the shops!

oh sweet bread sounds yum ...i was suprised how well it came out the first time i made it it was not nice at all
may make a big loaf in the bread maker will see ....
Im sure he will get round the shops via the pub lol, stil if they leave it so late what do they expect

mine are on the playstation and computers being a bad mum but i really cant be doing with trying to entertain them im going t clean out the guinea pig ,glad he lives indoors in the winter !!!! then have a coffee and some peace

Morning Tan. We have snow here too. I am just waiting for one of the kids to mention the sledge (they have never used it!!) - and I gave it away last week :D

I have made soup and bread for the gang this morning and I have also made the lemon drizzle cake, without the lavender! DD keeps asking what we are doing today - she can't seem to get it into her head that we are not going out unless we absolutely have to! She wants to go into Lymington to go to Costa coffee, but I have no intention of getting the car out in this! I have already sent both the kids up to their rooms this morning for arguing, but didn't think about the tidying - that will be my next card!

afternoon hun ...bet the cake goes down well ,,,,mine still bickering when they in the same part of the house ....im trying to ignore it ...may go and breathe on them if they keep it up ...I have no taste buds, I have eaten beef raw onion and teaspoons of mustard for lunch didnt taste a thing !!!! now thats scary ...im slowcooking a bacon joint in cider for OH tea cant smell that either think its garlic time next

I didn't have swede so I used pumpkin instead! All the recipes in the book seem to follow the same pattern - puree up veg of some sort and bung it in!

OH is in the garden chopping down a tree in the snow! I've not eaten yet today, apart from a shed load of pankillers - just got no appetite, but I may have some of my chicken broth in a little while.

OH was talking about having a bonfire - think I'd better get out there and pick my sprouts before he smokes them!

gosh yes dont let him ruin the sprouts
Hope the pain killers work , just about to pop the pills myself .
My OH says he doesnt want to go into town will leave it till Thursday he's risking it thats all i will say !!!!
still its pressies for his mum and dad so im not worried !!!

I have checked and he is as far away as possible from the sprouts! He must be bloody mad out there in this! I have a couple of bits to get for his family - but they can wait! Not done much food shopping so hope the snow doesn't hang around too long!

wow that is a new one on me, I always ever thought that any food in a slow cooker had to be completely covered with liquid. I will give that a go then.

Back