Secret Diary

Feeling rather burnt out no - Oops :-(
Just had a lemon bar as I'm out & about. Feel bit light headed. Prob just over exerted myself lol
S&s delivery coming between 7am - 8pm. As long as it arrives I'm not bothered.

Aaarrrggghhh. Just checked delivery website to track my s&s parcel & there's a 1 day delay fur to weather :-( Oh well that'll teach me to leave late on to order. I only have enough packs left for today. Hopefully they'll arrive tmrw morning. Note to self - order well in advance to avoid this happening! I may have mushroom omelette tmrw for breakfast.

Arghhh nooo! Mine arrived today, but weather isn't too bad here.

Supermarkets seem to sell low carbs stuff now, shakes and that, so could be a possible option. Otherwise eggs will be good and will keep you nicely in Ketosis!

Hurray my order has arrived :D Thats it all sorted into days (how sad am I lol) . Couple of new ones to try - rasp shake, toffee shake, choc & coconut bar. My sabotaging friend is doing my head in :mad::mad: Im trying to be really supportive & help her (not that Im a know it all but I have read the guidelines etc which obv she hasnt) She called me to say this was horrid that was horrid, Im so starving, going to have a bit of toast,dont know how u can stand this stuff,my head is so sore Im needing something more than this c**p, Im only going to do 3 packs & have a low fat dinner of lamb chops, carrots, brocolli & bkd potato aaarrrggghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then to top it all she says 'I dont think losing weight too fast is a good thing u r far better losing it slowly & sensibly' Yeah well nobodys making u do vlcd!!.I appreciate its not for everyone Im managing to stay focused & rmbr at all times why I am doing this & it just makes me so mad. Does she think last weeks loss of 12lbs was just a fluke???!!! I stuck to the plan 100% & that was my reward.

Just had a strawberry shake hot. Oh it was delicious. Well thats day 14 completed. Just working my way thro a 2ltr bottle of sparkling water as Ive not had enought to drink today for whatever reason. Wide awake as usual for this time of night. Wonder which cupboard I cld tidy out tonight?! Day at home planned tmrw so Im going to look thro the recipe section here for some ideas on ways to use the packs.

Day 15 - weigh in day & Ive lost another 6lbs :happy036: Very very pleased with that. Def notice the loss in all my clothes now so much so that Ive had to sort thro everything & ebay all the items which I wouldnt wear now which includes 6 pairs of trousers/jeans 2 of which still have the label on them! Fortunately I have several pairs which Ive never managed into (bought years ago with the promise to slim into them!) I refuse to buy many new clothes until Im at the weight Im happy with. Going to have a 'me' day today. Paint my toenails & watch a movie, if I can sit still long enough lol.

WELL DONE HUNCA!!!! 6 LBS LOSS!!

Oh my lord, 6lbs!! you are doing so well, what's your secret huh?? :p

I know how you feel about clothes, isn't it brilliant.. I'm loving this weight loss malarky! :D

Glad your packs arrived safely, bet that was a relief, I think I got a raspberry one too, have to have a look, ordered mens 4 week so there was so many in there lol!

Let me know if you find any good recipes, I've not tried any yet x

If I find out what my secret is I'll be sure to share it with u lol. I aim for at least 4ltrs still / sparkling water addition to amount in my packs, I space the 4 packs throughout the day, never double up a pack or eat within 3hrs of each other, 1 can of coke zero per day, 200g specified veg. Other than that I have no idea but its working so I'll continue with this lol

Woop! Well I guess we lose at different rates, but I am well happy with 4lbs, more than I could have hoped for. Very mpressed at your rapid loses though!

The only difference for me is that I drink about 4-6ltrs of water.. sometimes have the water flavouring for 750ml of that, have 2 coffee's a day with little tab sweetners, and sometimes I have my bar only about 1.5hrs after my dinner.

Mine will def slow down but it's given me a massive boost. After so many years of being fixated with the numbers on the scales I want to try & go by how I feel & look.

Massive WOWS to both hunca and GEEGEE83 on your loses girls well done!!!!

can I ask you both a question.. Do you know why we aren't allowed red peppers? I remembered seeing peppers on the list and had red ones with my omelette last night only to re-read the list and were only allowed green peppers.. Will this effect my?

Also hunca u mentioned you dont eat packs within 3hrs of each other, is that something that helps? X

Laubride, I presumed it was because the red/yellow/orange peppers have more sugar in them which = more carbs.. you might have been okay though. If you feel the same today then you may have got away with it. Green peppers are much less sweet and so are much lower is carb content. (That's my theory anyhow) :)

When is your first weigh in?

The pack spreading out theory is that, if you have them too close together, the carbs all at once could cause a carb spike, which means your blood sugar level could go up too much. Not a problem in itself but may knock you out of ketosis, cause cravings and slow losses down as your blood sugar has destabilised. Spreading the packs evens out your blood sugar and that helps with lowering cravings for carb foods.

Thanks. I know ur allowed green but no idea why not red sorry. The only reason I leave 3 hrs between packs was because I read on here that possibly having them too close or doubling up could result in u feeling hungry. Some people do tho & get on absolutely fine. I think whatever works for u. My routine seems to be working a treat for me so going to continue.

I had 2 packs close together in my first week and it made me ravenous the next day!

Hunca, help me! I keep thinking about doing Atkins :eek: don't know why.. this is working, is it self sabotage? I need to pull myself together and get back the motivation. I haven't cheated though!

Oh, meant to say earlier, your sabotaging friend sounds like a headache lol :D

Oh, and I ordered 5 weeks worth of S&S and now thinking of Atkins, am I mad!

For what it's worth I'm happy with S&S, I guess I miss food a little. It's not forever though!

I've never looked into Atkins. One of the very few diets I've not tried! I'm vegetarian so I guess that's why ive never looked at that. It's mainly meat based isn't it? It's not for ever honey. Maybe do the 3 packs & 1 meal to change it a bit for u? I'm loving 4 packs as I don't need to think very much as to what to eat for my meals. Why don't u use up what uve got of s&s b4 deciding? I

Just being silly I suppose, I know S&S gives the best results, so I'll just stay with that. It's good once you get past the first few days.

& yes, very meat based, I think it would be near impossible to do as a Veggie..!

Right, mind is focussed again! :D

wow well done on loss 6lb in second week brill! I always not only double up but tripple up ive nevr eatan unch really so have a bar in morning and rest for dinner :)

My fella keeps saying its not healthy and its draining me but i feel less sluggish and loads better since starting this diet the reason im tired or cant think is looking after our 6month daughter 5days a week alone and setting up a bussiness on my own lol nothing to do with the diet im happy i started. Hope you have another amazing week next week xx

Thanks funkybecky. Everyone finds their way of working the diet. Yes that cld def be the cause of ur tiredness lol Good luck with ur new business x

Day 15- feeling so cold & lethargic -( don't know what's wrong with me today. Ended up in bed & slept for 3hrs!! Only had a mushroom soup so far today I just don't feel like anything. Muscles at top of my legs ache so much I feel like I've run for miles! Is it possible to do too much while on vlcd & burn yourself out or do u think I'm coming down with something?

Back