Secret Slimming in Paris

Aye I've missed loads of films :( I'd prefer to go with someone, but I might have to start going alone!

I don't think the newest Muppets is particularly European friendly - quite a lot of jibes at how we get paid holidays and work lunches and all sorts of stuff. Funny if you can take that sort of thing, but I'm sure it will offend some!

I prefer hot food at home, but can totally have a cold lunch in work. When I used to work more full days I'd do like pasta and salads and stuff all in one box :) x

Well, that's understandable. I'm not sure I'd like to go alone in England either. In France it really is the norm! Although I do tend to go during the day (when there are less people!)

Yeah probably would be hard to translate everything all the socio-cultural references! It would probs go over their heads (as is often the case with translated films in France!)

I'd planned a green day for Monday as I normally have Mondays off but my manager has convinced me to go in and cover an absent colleague. I wasn't sure whether to keep it green or not but I do like the idea of cold pasta and salad!

x

Hello ladies!

Hope everyone is coping with losing 1 hours sleep!

I crazily woke up at 6h30 and have been up and a about since! Bit worried about WI tomorrow. Had another good week so wouldn't understand a STS... I've stayed off the scales the past few days...hopefully i'll have a good surprise!

Work told us yesterday we are going away for a 2 day 'team bonding' session mid July. I would really like to get another couple of stones off before then. We'll be staying overnight and probably doing lots of outdoor activies. Last year we went to a forest where we climbed up trees and were attached to ropes and did bungee jumping etc. I didn't do the bungee jump as the weight restriction was 100kg! I hope this year my weight won't stop me from doing stuff!

We normally have a 'fun group' photo at this sort of event which is sent to all offices globally (baring in mind we are in over 150 countries globally thats a lot of people looking at my photo!) so i'd like to feel as confident as possible with how I look!

I'll stick to the plan, which isn't hard because I love SW!

I think the thing that makes it for me is that you are allowed to love food! I love cooking so being on a milkshake diet etc would just depress me! SW is fantastic!

I just hope I see a result this week!

We're viewing another appartment on Thursday as we're considering moving. It's a new build, more space & a parking space for just 5€ more a month than what we pay now! I'm really excited about it but in Paris you don't choose your appartment, the appartment chooses you!

Anyway, all that to say, when we're finally fixed up (ie know if we're moving or not) I might join a gym. No point in doing it yet as I know it'd have to be close to home or I'd never go. Reading CT's diary has really inspired me to dust my trainers off! I've also noticed some baggy skin on my arms...nothing dramatic at the moment but they could definitely do with some toning and I'd love to learn how to run!

I hate it at the moment but like with everything, people can change! I used to hate ff natural yogurt and now I can't get enough of the stuff and can't stand cream any more! Lets hope the same is possible with running!

Going to try and have a light day today and guzzle as much water as possible and cross my fingers for tomorrow...wish me luck!!xx

Red Day

Breakfast: 2 x boiled eggs and soldiers (HEB) (overboiled the eggs :cry:gutted!)
Snack: banana
Lunch: Small portion of Moussaka with salad
Snack: gherkins (just discovered it's 20cals for a whole jar!!! not that I'll have the whole jar...but still!) a ff yoghurt & some chicken
Dinner: wasn't hungry strangely enough!

Last edited:
Good luck for WI hun, I've got my fingers crossed for you. Your food has been spot on this week though so I'm sure you'll see a loss!

What great motivation for you to shift a couple more stones for your work trip. Its so horrible not being able to do things like the bungee because of weight, I mean I wouldn't want to do something like that anyway, but I'd appreciate the option, lol! :p I'm so excited about my birthday in August because I'll actually be able to go to Alton towers and fit on the rides without worrying about whether I'll fit or not. It's just the little things like that which make being smaller so amazing! I was sat in the cinema yesterday (saw Captain America *yawn*) and noticed the arms weren't pinching my legs any more. I bet thin people don't even think or worry about stuff like that, but when I was at my biggest there was one cinema near me that had tiny seats and I'd sit in pain for the full movie, so awful. It got to the point if I knew I was going I'd take a paracetamol, it hurt that much... ugh! Anyway, sorry for going off on a tangent, your post just reminded me of all the things I've missed out on because of my weight. Will be so awesome never to have to go through that again!

Never knew gherkins were so low cal! I'll have to get a jar for my sarni's, I assume they are classes as superfree?

Hope the apartment viewing goes well on Thur, sounds like a great deal, just hope it feels right when you go and view it!

Glad my diary has given you some body magic motivation too. I'm tempted to try the couch to 5k programme now I don't have to run on public roads! x

Just had WI and I'm down 2 kg!!!!

Thank goodness for that! I'd have been really stroppy otherwise!

Now I'm so happy I'm back off to bed!!x

Thanks Michelle!

I'm actually too happy & excited to sleep!

I keep going back and hopping on the scales to make sure I'm not dreaming haha!x

Good luck for WI hun, I've got my fingers crossed for you. Your food has been spot on this week though so I'm sure you'll see a loss!

What great motivation for you to shift a couple more stones for your work trip. Its so horrible not being able to do things like the bungee because of weight, I mean I wouldn't want to do something like that anyway, but I'd appreciate the option, lol! :p I'm so excited about my birthday in August because I'll actually be able to go to Alton towers and fit on the rides without worrying about whether I'll fit or not. It's just the little things like that which make being smaller so amazing! I was sat in the cinema yesterday (saw Captain America *yawn*) and noticed the arms weren't pinching my legs any more. I bet thin people don't even think or worry about stuff like that, but when I was at my biggest there was one cinema near me that had tiny seats and I'd sit in pain for the full movie, so awful. It got to the point if I knew I was going I'd take a paracetamol, it hurt that much... ugh! Anyway, sorry for going off on a tangent, your post just reminded me of all the things I've missed out on because of my weight. Will be so awesome never to have to go through that again!

Never knew gherkins were so low cal! I'll have to get a jar for my sarni's, I assume they are classes as superfree?

Hope the apartment viewing goes well on Thur, sounds like a great deal, just hope it feels right when you go and view it!

Glad my diary has given you some body magic motivation too. I'm tempted to try the couch to 5k programme now I don't have to run on public roads! x

Thanks for crossing your fingers!! It worked!!

Yeah definitely! I'd also like to be able to wear more summery clothes without feeling self conscious (i.e. not long sleeves and maybe even shorts!) You are so right about all the extra stuff we can do without having to worry! I'm glad going to the cinema is a nicer experience for you now :). I notice the same thing on the train to work now, I'm no longer spilling over the edge of the seat or squishing someone else in the corner! And you are so right, the little things are the real confidence boosters!

Yep, gherkins are superfree and really cut my appetite too! The plus side is they only cost 55p a jar here too!

I hope the viewing goes well too! The only problem is that in Paris soooo many people are always looking for new appartments that I'd be surprised if there wasn't a queue of 100 people when we get there... It's a very competitive market and since neither F or I have millionaire parents who live in France and neither of us are French we're always at the bottom of the pile... But fingers crossed!

I was thinking about the couch to 5 k too! You'll have to let me know how you get on!xx

So funny, you're really doing well,

I'm feeling much better about it this week! I was a bit down last week but seeing a good loss today has brightened my spirits!

Wow well done that's a fantastic and we'll deserved loss! Sorry if I'm a bit awol this week as uni work is stressing me out big time. I'm working a long day today then day off tomorrow and I need it finished! I'll be back soon though (and im sure ill still be stopping by in moments of procrastination though!) xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wow well done that's a fantastic and we'll deserved loss! Sorry if I'm a bit awol this week as uni work is stressing me out big time. I'm working a long day today then day off tomorrow and I need it finished! I'll be back soon though (and im sure ill still be stopping by in moments of procrastination though!) xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Mrs G!

Don't worry!! I remember how stressful Uni work is! You do right to spend your time on that! Minimins is dangerous - I can spend hours on it without noticing!

Hope you have a good day at work and manage to get it all finished tomorrow - good luck!xx

Green day:

Breakfast: beans on toast (HEB)
Snack: kiwi
Lunch: wholemeal pasta & salad followed by yoghurt
Snack: raspberries
Dinner: bean casserole with actifried plantain (HEB oil) followed by rice pudding (HEA)

I've got the rice pudding in the slow cooker at the moment. Following a minimins recipe which said it needs 3 hours on low. I always mess up with rice pudding (and it's one of F's favourites! oooops!) so I hope it turns out well and is finished before I leave for work!
x

Last edited:
Just had WI and I'm down 2 kg!!!!

Thank goodness for that! I'd have been really stroppy otherwise!

Now I'm so happy I'm back off to bed!!x

Wooop!! Well done you, I converted it and that's almost 4.5lbs! Fantastic loss! :)

Oh wow Sophie, so close to that 100kg now! I bet you can almost taste it!!!!

xxx

Oh wow Sophie, so close to that 100kg now! I bet you can almost taste it!!!!

xxx

Well, it's still over a stone away....

I'll be happy to get my 3 stone award first!

A pound at a time, ey ;) xx

Back