Secret to shaping up

Kettlercise class done tonight with a new routine. Sweated buckets so hopefully doing me some good. Have the Kettlercise DVD so hoping to have a go with that by the weekend!

As a newbie, I am enjoying reading all the posts about everyones' experiences with kettlebells and all the hints, tips and advice. Very inspirational, thank you everyone :)

Onto week 4 round2. Hope everyone is well! Going to invest in kettlecise as well as my kettleworx xx

I did wk1 core last night after a 30 min jog.. Am def feeling it tonight :)

Hope to start wk2 tomorrow.. See if I can have tv for 30 mins after kids in bed :) hope no football is on!!

Did anyone have a weight gain after starting kettle bells, and if so, did you experience a decent loss in the following weeks?

xx

Hiya Croc

I just posted before you about the exact same thing! I'm just into week 3 and I weighed this morning and put on 2 lb's (lost 5 lbs in previous 2 weeks) but although it kind of makes your spirits drop a bit - Ive read that this is perfectly normal as its your muscles becoming more dense because of the workout they are getting - muscle is more DENSE than fat!

I've been assured that if you keep at it you will see losses on the scales in next couple of weeks - and don't forget the inch loss, because of the muscle's becoming more dense we are becoming more lean and changing shape for the better :)
x

Oh boy, do I ache this morning! Does this get easier? Should I try a short session today or wait until the stiffness goes? I am not a great exerciser, can you tell?

When I 1st started, I did 2 kettercise classes a week mon and wed.. Seemed enough time to recover.. But the next day when I was so stiff I did some walking and stretches :)

Hi Trash,

The reason I ask is because I have been doing SW for 16 months and have lost 2 stone so far but still have about 1.5 stone to go (I am a slow loser!).

I have tried everything except sticking to some kind of workout, then I came across Kron's thread about Kettle Bells and I was so amazed and excited I ordered some...

Last Tuesday at weigh in, I lost 1lb (expected more), an last night I gained 0.5lb! Am only just starting wk2 on Kettleworx today so who knows...

:)

xx

Hi I had a gain 1st week, and then mostly STS for 3 weeks, then a big drop week 4 talked to my kettercise instructor and she said that was a normal patten for some people when they do kettlebells and STICK to a healthy eating plan! :)

I tend to either have small gains/losses or STS whenever I start exercising, but will keep exercising

I have done wk 2 Cardio on KW programme today and I am pleased to say it's quite alot easier than wk1- Phew!!! I really loved it :D

xx

Just completed week 4 of Kettleworx - bring on week 5 - loving it.

Although couldn't do disco balls in Resistance - that was impossible!

Hi Trash,

The reason I ask is because I have been doing SW for 16 months and have lost 2 stone so far but still have about 1.5 stone to go (I am a slow loser!).

I have tried everything except sticking to some kind of workout, then I came across Kron's thread about Kettle Bells and I was so amazed and excited I ordered some...

Last Tuesday at weigh in, I lost 1lb (expected more), an last night I gained 0.5lb! Am only just starting wk2 on Kettleworx today so who knows...

:)

xx

Hiya Croc

I'm a slow loser as well can go weeks at STS then loose a pound the weeks of STS and so on but KB seem to have prompted scale movement :)
and I'm sure we will see the benefits very soon both on the scales and clothes wise :)

I have done wk 2 Cardio on KW programme today and I am pleased to say it's quite alot easier than wk1- Phew!!! I really loved it :D

xx

Hmmmm I might do Cardio week 2 tonight, I've just got in from work and already had a shower mind!

Shirleen said:
Hmmmm I might do Cardio week 2 tonight, I've just got in from work and already had a shower mind!

Do it if you can Shirleen- it's brilliant, honestly. I've been in such a good mood since I did mine earlier. Woohoo!! :)

xx

Trash said:
Hiya Croc

I'm a slow loser as well can go weeks at STS then loose a pound the weeks of STS and so on but KB seem to have prompted scale movement :)
and I'm sure we will see the benefits very soon both on the scales and clothes wise :)

Hi Trash,

Yeah, I'm sure something will start moving soon, it has too! I can definitely see and feel a difference already though, that's seems crazy but it's true. :)

xx

You sound so upbeat Croc :) I'm off to do KC 20 min workout in a bit when my tea has gone down!

I don't know if anyone has tried Lauren Brookes new DVD its called "kettlebell lightening with Alex Dredugo" I ordered it today its good reviews so its something else to keep me busy :)

Trash said:
You sound so upbeat Croc :) I'm off to do KC 20 min workout in a bit when my tea has gone down!

I don't know if anyone has tried Lauren Brookes new DVD its called "kettlebell lightening with Alex Dredugo" I ordered it today its good reviews so its something else to keep me busy :)

Ha ha, thank you. I feel a million dollars today after the old kettle bells, I have a real spring in my step!! :)

Ooh, that DVD sounds interesting, I think I'll look it up.

xx

It is so frustrating hearing about the progress you are all making. I can barely move I am so stiff so will have to wait until tomorrow for my first proper kettlercise session

It is so frustrating hearing about the progress you are all making. I can barely move I am so stiff so will have to wait until tomorrow for my first proper kettlercise session

Aww i was like you after my first session - was awful could hardly walk up and downstairs! Think it lasted about 3 days but i did do the 8 min abs as it was mainly my legs that were hurting!

Hope it improves soon :)

Back