Secret to shaping up

Just done Cardio week two, feeling sick now though :(

Good for you for doing Cardio week 2! Ugh, though, I hate that feeling. :( Hope it passes quickly for you. My old personal trainer told me once that sipping some juice diluted 50/50 with water and with a tiny (!) pinch of salt stirred in can help restore the electrolyte balance, a bit like DIY lucozade. That might help?

Just done the 20 min kettlercise and managed 45 secs on each move. Aim to be on full mins by end of next week. Does anyone else find it irritating that the warm up is on DVD1? Mind you it gives me an excuse to take a breather.

Just done the 20 min kettlercise and managed 45 secs on each move. Aim to be on full mins by end of next week. Does anyone else find it irritating that the warm up is on DVD1? Mind you it gives me an excuse to take a breather.

Go daisybell! :) Sounds like you are making good progress. :)

I read in the reviews of kettlercise that the warmup is on DVD 1, that was the main thing that put me off trying it (which is probably silly as I'm sure that otherwise it's very good) as I think I'd find it quite irritating as well!

Cat Lover Sue said:
Psst! Sneaks in to show off. I reached my target at WI this morning! :gimi: 5 stone 7 lbs of flab has disappeared in 48 weeks! I am now a comfortable size 16 top and bottom - would be less on top if it wasn't for my mahoosive gazongers but hey, what can you do! :)

Stage two of operation "Kiss My Skinny Ass" starts here. I'm going for another stone off which will put me into the "normal" BMI bracket. Somehow "just" losing a stone seems a doddle compared to over 5, but I know its going to be tough. Still, no pain, no gain, eh! :)

Well done!!

daisybell18 said:

Yes :) Vol II sorts that issue out :) as well as adding some new moves!

Just finish week 1 with cardio. Never ceases to amaze me just how difficult that session is! first time leaving it do last in week one, not sure if that was a good idea as I had to spend the whole day working up courage to do it!

Delighted as I managed to do all punches with my 6!

Triceps have already started to take shape again.

Happy swinging everyone!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Mis-behave said:
Yes :) Vol II sorts that issue out :) as well as adding some new moves!

Vol II ? I didn't realize there was a second one. Is it a newer version or totally different. I have Kettlercise "Just for Women"

daisybell18 said:
Vol II ? I didn't realize there was a second one. Is it a newer version or totally different. I have Kettlercise "Just for Women"

It's the 2nd one, they brought it out recently, has some new moves and has the warm ups on both DVDs :)

I go to a kettlercise class 3 times a week.. Is great!! My instructor is away for Easter so will get back to it on mon 16th.. But have both DVDs Too :) plus a 5lb and a 4kg bell

Well done Cat Lover Sue - that's fabulous! I like the sound of Operation Kiss My Skinny Ass - just brilliant :)

Daisybell18 and Mis-behave, I also have the Just for Women Vol II of the Kettlercise DVD. It's really good - fab to do alongside my weekly Kettlercise class!

Lots of Core in Cardio week two, I reckon if you could only do one a week this would be it!

Those figure of eight things near in KILLED me!
I couldn't keep my legs off the floor and they sort of flopped on the floor between times lol!

I am getting near my two stone weight loss target and have promised myself a second kettlebell DVD as a reward. I already have Kettlercise "Just for Women"

What kettlebell DVD would you recommend and why?

I am getting near my two stone weight loss target and have promised myself a second kettlebell DVD as a reward. I already have Kettlercise "Just for Women"

What kettlebell DVD would you recommend and why?

Hiya

I've got Kettlercise for women Vol 1 and agree the warmup being on dvd 1 is so annoying.......I do my own warm up when using dvd 2 ha ha! Have to say though love the mixture of the exercises kettlercise offers Ive been to a kettlercise class to and its very popular!

I've hear Lauren Brooks dvd's are brill I've just ordered her brand new one from ebay Lauren Brooks - lightning kettlebells - got good reviews and some great fast fat burning exercises on it ;o)

Phew, Morning All - Wk2 Cardio just finished. I am sweating like a pig on a very warm day! Little tip for those that experience sweaty palms etc. I always keep a flannel by my side so I can wipe my hands and the bell handle during the routine, but also had a brainwave today. I wrapped the flannel round the bell for the KB Hold - the one where you are in a squat position and just hold the bell directly out in front of you - and this completely stopped my hands from slipping on the bell. Hey its only taken me about 10 months to figure that one out! :)

Happy Easter Swingers. xx

Week 2 Resistance done (wk2 now complete)- it was a little more difficult than I was expecting in certain areas! Great to see lots of new moves on this one though- keeps the interest there. My hips and the back if my legs just above my knees are feeling it... :)

xx

Well done everyone! And Cat Lover Sue!!! Woweeeeee!!

I did KW week 2 core on Friday and resistance today - same as Croc. I do find the core the easiest of the three. Lots of balancing ones in resistance this time - those was hard. I could really feel my muscles working - especially in the curtsy lunges.

I go on holiday on Friday and want to get week 3 done before I go. I want to take my bell on hols with me so I can do week 4 but as my partner has fallen behind (he only did 2 week 1 workouts then stopped which miffed me a bit) I don't know I'd I can. I'm really committed to this and even thinking of cancelling my gym membership.

Well done sue that's fantastic!!!

Thanks Lindsay and Aymz. Much appreciated.

Lindsay, my bells are coming with us on hols. No worries about baggage allowances though as we're in the car. :)

Cat your amazing!!

Great to see so many people rocking kettleworx week 2! :D Just finished week 2 core, for the first time with my 7.5 lb bell instead of my 5 lb. :)

Back