Secret to shaping up

I'm on week 6 core today so just resistance to go and then I'm done! Not taken measurements but lost 11 pounds over the 6 weeks and my shape has definitely changed! I'm going to start again with my 8 kilo bell once I'm finished :)

I'm on week 6 core today so just resistance to go and then I'm done! Not taken measurements but lost 11 pounds over the 6 weeks and my shape has definitely changed! I'm going to start again with my 8 kilo bell once I'm finished :)

Wow that's fab!

When I started I wasn't losing loads but inch loss wasn't bad, about half off everywhere but not consistently. Took quite a long break and put on 5lbs and 4inches overall. Last week I started week 4 and lost 4lbs and 1.5inches off my waist which was great. It's weird to think how much our bodies retain water.

I was asking about weekly inch loss because it's my birthday in 5 weeks and I was hoping to finish the prog (week 6 next week) and start again and was trying to guesstimate how many inches I may lose /how different my body will look. It sounds a bit vain but whilst I notice the loss, I want others to as well!

I think my low carb diet is responsible for the loss weight wise but I'm definitely slimmer and fitter looking because of swinging!

Week2 core tomorrow :) I'm doing vicky Pattinsons 7dsy slim on alternate days when I'm not swinging too.

Going to do week 6 core today and then only one workout left until the end!! But I think I'm either going to redo it straightaway or I'm going to do the other dvds like arm and abs workout and fat burn. Anyone have any suggestions?

If you start it again will you use a heavier kettlebell?

I don't have a heavier bell :( I did it with my 5kg bell and I *really* struggled so I feel it would still be beneficial to do it again with the same weight? Or would it not? I don't know!

I don't have a heavier bell :( I did it with my 5kg bell and I *really* struggled so I feel it would still be beneficial to do it again with the same weight? Or would it not? I don't know!
Oh yes it would definitely be beneficial, you can work on getting your form right and perfecting the moves :)

Oh yes it would definitely be beneficial, you can work on getting your form right and perfecting the moves :)

Brill, thanks! I'm so proud that I can now do 10 reps on either side of the rowing move with my feet off the ground. Whoo!

That one is a killer!!! I look like bambi, knees and feet everywhere lol

Hi all, have been reading this thread with interest and have been looking on the web for kettlebells. May seem like a stupid question but do you need 2 kettlebells to be able to do the exercise, so one in each hand or do you just workout with one, alternating it? Many thanks.

Thanks! I'm going to purchase the kettleworx ultra package I think as it includes a kettlebell :)

Good luck! Let us know how you get on.

I've been terrible this week and haven't done a single workout.

I've bit the bullet and bought the kettleworx package. And some extra kettlebells of different weights! :) can't wait to get started now!

I've bit the bullet and bought the kettleworx package. And some extra kettlebells of different weights! :) can't wait to get started now!

You won't regret it! I'm on round two and finished week one today with my 8k bell, and I've just bought a ten kilo on eBay as even the 8 feels too light for the swings now :)

I'd love to join you swingers again!

Bit of history - I started using KBs at the same time as starting slimming world 2 and a half years ago. Lost 4stone and changed my shape completely. Felt amazing for someone who had been your typical anti exercise couch potato! I credit much of that to kettlebells and Ryan :)

Things went belly up when I developed a growth in my neck that meant I could no longer raise my arms above my head without choking. Weight piled back on and no Ryan for 10 months. The good news is I have had the growth removed and will soon be able to join you again. Am actually quite excited!

Plan to increase my fitness levels with some brisk walks and the odd aerobic session until I get all clear from consultant.

Notes to self - take measurements now and keep them in a memorable place (you can tell where I have gone wrong in the past:) )

Get up half an hour early every day to exercise

Start with 4kg bell and focus on good form

Really looking forward to sharing my experiences with you all. Talk of corn rowers makes me shudder already - not one of my favourites!

Now where's that tape measure????

I'd love to join you swingers again!

Bit of history - I started using KBs at the same time as starting slimming world 2 and a half years ago. Lost 4stone and changed my shape completely. Felt amazing for someone who had been your typical anti exercise couch potato! I credit much of that to kettlebells and Ryan :)

Things went belly up when I developed a growth in my neck that meant I could no longer raise my arms above my head without choking. Weight piled back on and no Ryan for 10 months. The good news is I have had the growth removed and will soon be able to join you again. Am actually quite excited!

Plan to increase my fitness levels with some brisk walks and the odd aerobic session until I get all clear from consultant.

Notes to self - take measurements now and keep them in a memorable place (you can tell where I have gone wrong in the past:) )

Get up half an hour early every day to exercise

Start with 4kg bell and focus on good form

Really looking forward to sharing my experiences with you all. Talk of corn rowers makes me shudder already - not one of my favourites!

Now where's that tape measure????

Wow daisybell, that loss sounds great. Glad to hear you're on the mend and can get back on this.

I need to get back on it again after a bad week. Can I ask, did you do the 6 weeks repeatedly or mix things up a bit? I have completed the 6 weeks and was planning on re doing it and focus on form and doing all the reps this time, and not giving in! Hahah, fingers crossed.

Back