Secret to shaping up

Aymz

I used to do the 6 week reps which worked out at one cardio, resistance and core every week (I used to have Sundays off) and I stayed with the same weight for 12 weeks. Even when I went up a weight I still had to use a lower weight for things like the gunslinger ( not sure if that's the correct name) to begin with I suffered from horrendous DOMS but after a while I found myself breezing through the sessions. Looking back the times when I made the most impact on my shape was when I was really working hard (ie sweating quite a bit and out of breath) My hubby used to stick his head round the door because he couldn't believe the grunting and groaning that a 20 min exercise session could generate! Effort seems to be closely related to the weight used.

I will be starting with my 4kg bell again - will time the first session so that an inability to get up and down stairs won't be critical!

Did a half hour walk today and had to lay down for a few hours to recover! Obviously I have a little way to go before I'm fit enough to start.

Aymz

I used to do the 6 week reps which worked out at one cardio, resistance and core every week (I used to have Sundays off) and I stayed with the same weight for 12 weeks. Even when I went up a weight I still had to use a lower weight for things like the gunslinger ( not sure if that's the correct name) to begin with I suffered from horrendous DOMS but after a while I found myself breezing through the sessions. Looking back the times when I made the most impact on my shape was when I was really working hard (ie sweating quite a bit and out of breath) My hubby used to stick his head round the door because he couldn't believe the grunting and groaning that a 20 min exercise session could generate! Effort seems to be closely related to the weight used.

I will be starting with my 4kg bell again - will time the first session so that an inability to get up and down stairs won't be critical!

Did a half hour walk today and had to lay down for a few hours to recover! Obviously I have a little way to go before I'm fit enough to start.

Thanks that was really helpful. Well I've been super lazy last week and until today. Am about to start cardio again from week 1 !!

Did my first kettle bell session for 9 months yesterday. Joined Ryan for week 1 cardio using 5kg weight. Took it steady and couldn't do more than set 1 as I could feel a slight tugging in my neck from op so decided to call it a day. Felt amazing and so fired up to continue. A bit stiff this morning and I just know I will suffer tomorrow.

Have upped the walking and will be gardening for a few hours today.

Can't believe how much I have missed KBs. Am so out of condition it's frightening but at least I know that if I persevere I will get fitter by the day. Might just do the other set this evening - focusing on form and avoiding the gunslinger and hold which both put strain on the neck.

How are you doing?

Did my first kettle bell session for 9 months yesterday. Joined Ryan for week 1 cardio using 5kg weight. Took it steady and couldn't do more than set 1 as I could feel a slight tugging in my neck from op so decided to call it a day. Felt amazing and so fired up to continue. A bit stiff this morning and I just know I will suffer tomorrow.

Have upped the walking and will be gardening for a few hours today.

Can't believe how much I have missed KBs. Am so out of condition it's frightening but at least I know that if I persevere I will get fitter by the day. Might just do the other set this evening - focusing on form and avoiding the gunslinger and hold which both put strain on the neck.

How are you doing?

Sounds good and yeah good idea to stop if feeling pain. Try set 2 without those moves and see how you go. I did cardio and core weel 1 and was meant to do resistance today but have been pretty busy. Will try and do that tomorrow. I need to fix up with my diet though!

Delighted to report that I completed both sets of week 1 cardio this morning. Was going to stop after 1 but felt OK so decided to carry on. Already feeling it in my inner thighs and glutes.

Have decided to reinstate my old routine of 7.15 start on alternate days, with Sunday off. Worked before so fingers crossed. Can't imagine how I ever swung 7.5kg!

Delighted to report that I completed both sets of week 1 cardio this morning. Was going to stop after 1 but felt OK so decided to carry on. Already feeling it in my inner thighs and glutes. Have decided to reinstate my old routine of 7.15 start on alternate days, with Sunday off. Worked before so fingers crossed. Can't imagine how I ever swung 7.5kg!

That's great! I'm on week three core with my 8 kilo bell, and am able to use it all the way through do I know I got stronger using the 6 in the first six weeks.
I've ordered a 10 kilo for my third stint :)

Seriously impressed Clairethehat.

How long has it taken you to reach this level? What impact has it had on your weight and shape?

Seriously impressed Clairethehat. How long has it taken you to reach this level? What impact has it had on your weight and shape?

I'm on my second round of the programme without a break so this is week 9. Did the first round with my six kilo( it felt soooo heavy in wk one!) now just using my eight.
I'm low carbing ( under 50g a day so not Atkins) and I do body combat three times a week. I've lost 12 pounds over that time but I've only another 7 to lose so it's slowly but surely! Not measured but my shape is definitely changing and I have much more strength through my core :)

So completed week 1 :) whoop hardwork but it will pay off!!
Is anyone else still swinging lol

So good!! I haven't done it in over a month and it's ridiculous how quickly the weight piles on again. Hoping to start again in the next week or two.

I'll join you Emma with my first week one session tomorrow. Have a lousy cough but it's kill or cure I think. Exercise usually makes me feel better so fingers crossed.

Will report back shortly!

I'll join you Emma with my first week one session tomorrow. Have a lousy cough but it's kill or cure I think. Exercise usually makes me feel better so fingers crossed.

Will report back shortly!

Its my cardio week 2 today but currently I cba lol just had my dinner going to let it settle then off I go :)

Thank you for being on here Emma. yesterday I promised I would start KB again and at 8pm I did it. The thought of coming on here and admitting I was a couch potato was more than I could stand. I also felt good afterwards!

Back