Secret to shaping up

problem areas??? where would I start!!! lol

I would really like to tone my calfs & legs so that I could wear a nice knee length dress. Other than that its the usual stomach, bum & thighs :eek:

Would definaitely appreciate any tips for those areas

I have found a friend of a friend that has kettleworx, so is going to lend me them. I am hoping to get them this week!!!

I'm reading with intererst. Kron, you sound like a great motivator and kettlebell enthusiast! Like Sweet Pink, I'm a size 16 aiming to get to 12. I've decided to do some other exercise regimes first (30DS and then C25K) before going for the kettleworx programme. Shazzabir, I've seen ur success on the C25K and that's really encouraging.
Keep up the good work all!

I now have the Kettleworx 6wk program, so did week 1 cardio this morning. I thought it was great, but challenging, which is exactly what I was looking for.
I have taken my measurements, so will see what the results will be. I do other exercise as well though, but it is mostly cardio.

trimlee said:
I'm reading with intererst. Kron, you sound like a great motivator and kettlebell enthusiast! Like Sweet Pink, I'm a size 16 aiming to get to 12. I've decided to do some other exercise regimes first (30DS and then C25K) before going for the kettleworx programme. Shazzabir, I've seen ur success on the C25K and that's really encouraging.
Keep up the good work all!

Thanks that's nice of you to say. C25k and 30 day shred are both great for losing inches and improving fitness. Good luck :)

Kron you should get paid commission for promoting the good word of kettlebells!!! I LOVE kettlebells, my body is shaping up really nicely with them, I'm following a routine from YouTube at the moment but might get the kettleworx set to really blast my fat away Wohooooo...

My birthday in two weeks so will purchase with any birthday money I get yay

Ladies
I am thrilled that you are taking up the kettle bell challenge :)

Chiefbridesmaid it's great to hear of someone else using them and getting results. Let's hope your birthday cards are full of money

Shazzabir - you must post inches lost next week, doing the bells alongside other exercise is really going to boost your body sculpting

Trimlee I love my bells lol I just cannot believe the results I have achieved and that is the only exercise I do, not like a lot of you that put hours of sweat into looking good, you will be toned, slim and looking hot before too soon

Sweet pink - has the delivery man been yet
One calf exercise I know is good is
Stand holding the ball of the bell in both hands, slip your thumbs through the handle so you don't drop it - the handle will be facing down
Hold bell at chest level straighten arms up
Lift the bell above your head and roll up on your toes then reverse the move
Tighten stomach muscles, you engage your core every time you lift the bell above your head.
For a more all over workout, do the exercise with a squat - remember toes up, butt back

Never let the bell angle behind your head, keep it slightly forward so as not to strain back or shoulders

I am letting my dinner go down, then going to workout
Had a bad weekend food wise, and it was my toyboy hubby's birthday yesterday aaah 41, think I will need to trade him in for a younger model soon lol

Remember all, I have gone from a size 16 to a 6, my scales tell me I can lose another stone and still be in my healthy weight range, my clothes say I don't need to :)
May the power of the bells whip you into shape

Keep posting how you get on, not that I am nosy, I just want to see you get results

I am really aching already, I only did the workout 15 hours ago....! What will I be like 2moro??
Must be a sign it is working :)

Shazz I hope it's a good ache, yes there will be some of the sessions that you will really feel, but it's a gooood feeling
I do remember doing some of them and really feeling it the next day, I prefer feeling something I know then that I am doing something right.
Trust you to pick the hardest one first lol, I started with core, resistance then cardio as my routine, all as hard as each other but my fav was core
Great thing about kettleworx is you end up with 18 workouts so I eenie meenie miney mo and pick one to do, gives a great variety.
My other kb DVDs normal only have one or two workouts, so it's great to mix it up a bit

When I get to the achy bit, I'll remember the determination of those who've gone before me.. Just hope I'm this militant when I actually start, lol!!

As much as I don't like the achy feeling I would much sooner have it, at least I know it is doing me good. It is worse around my tummy and bum, but legs not fat behind! I understand why they suggest a rest day in-between. So have I got the hardest one out of the way then???? Bonus, I think, Lol
Will do next session on Thursday.

Trimlee if you can work through the ache for the first couple of weeks - it's not that bad honest - you will be motivated to continue cos you will start seeing a difference, and as the bells are a quick workout it's over before you realise
A kb class started near me, and I took a few weeks off as was on holiday, when I started back I couldn't quite keep up and it was 4 days before I could walk properly lol the Instructor is in to bootcamp training so it's a hard workout

trimlee said:
When I get to the achy bit, I'll remember the determination of those who've gone before me.. Just hope I'm this militant when I actually start, lol!!

By the time you have got through 30 day shred and C25K you will have a great fitness level. This is then the next challenge for you :)

Amen, Shaz!

Kron said:
Trimlee if you can work through the ache for the first couple of weeks - it's not that bad honest - you will be motivated to continue cos you will start seeing a difference, and as the bells are a quick workout it's over before you realise
A kb class started near me, and I took a few weeks off as was on holiday, when I started back I couldn't quite keep up and it was 4 days before I could walk properly lol the Instructor is in to bootcamp training so it's a hard workout

Kron, if u find it tough then... where do we stand???!!! Ok just kidding; I've come to appreciate a bit of achiness - as a friend once said, it's like feeling ur body speak but to u! It kinda let's me know I'm on course, lol!

Trimlee I was a couch potato that loved chocolate before I started this lol
Honestly, last year I tried aerobics DVDs and hated them, thought I was eating ok, but now realise that rewarding myself with choccie bar after my aerobics wasn't the right thing to do
I started s/w in July 10 and knew to get in shape meant I had to get up and do something, so I ordered some FIRM DVDs and persevered.
I started googling trying to find answers to various foods, exercise etc to help.
I stumbled across kettle bells, swotting up on fat burning zones and established that strength exercise burnt more calories, had longer calorie burning after effects etc, and knowing I hate running and jumping about, kbs fit the bill, treated myself to kettleworx and now buy new kb DVDs for more advanced workouts
I am really strong now, not muscle bound, but have definition and the bells have sculpted my body like no other exercise I have tried in the past. In two weeks I thought hey ....... My belly shape is changing, I could see a glimmer of definition on the sides, my upper arms also - nothing hugely dramatic but yes it was there my butt finished at the back of my knees I kid you not, but ... I had the beginnings of a crease developing where my but was supposed to have one, I was wow and that spurred me on. I am delighted to report my butt is very happy, with two lovely smiley creases - still got a bit of cellulite but hey Doesn't everyone lol

I rave about these because if I can do it then there's hope for everyone

Hey I'm doing the 30 day shred ... I lost 3 stone 3 years ago with a vcld diet and I have kept it off - trying to get the last 10 lbs now but doing it with healthy eating and exercise ... I have gone from a size 16 to a size 10/12 - I'm only 5 ft 2 so every pound counts ... But I have now stopped weighing and hitting the exercise .... I would really be interested in doing kettle bells as i have realised that strength training will get me the body I want .. Any advice would be great .... What weight should I start with ... Prob start in a few weeks once I hVe finished the 30 day shred xxx you have done sooo well your an inspiration

Hi Kron, sorry for the absence. We had a family bereavement this week so exercise has had to be put on hold until the weekend. The delivery man hasnt been yet though but I'm really looking forward to getting started hopefully on friday (estimated delivery is thursday so will be something to look forward to after a tough day :cry:)

Hi Sweet Pink
I am sorry to hear your sad news, my thoughts are with you all.
Hope once things have settled down for you we will see you back here
Kxxx

Hi Pretika
I started with 4kg, that was hard work!
I now have a 6 and an 8kg, as I have worked my way up.
As you appear to be very fit, you need to start with a weight that challenges you, but bear in mind that bells work your muscles differently than normal weight training, so you may want to look at starting with 4, and build up to 6

Big well done on your weight and dress size loss, I am 5'2" as well, I always used to say if I was 7' I would be slim lol
Good luck with finishing your current exercise regime, and hope you get swinging with the rest of us :)

Back