Secret to shaping up

Hi Shazz
Hope your feeling ok after your first kb workout yesterday :)

I am getting ready to go to my class, dreading it but also can't wait lol

Kron said:
Hi Shazz
Hope your feeling ok after your first kb workout yesterday :)

I am getting ready to go to my class, dreading it but also can't wait lol

Believe it not I am still REALLY sore. It's mainly my bum and top of legs. I did a run this morning, so had to grin and bear it. It has been quite a while since I have suffered like this!! I'm doing my next session 2moro, so hoping it won't be quite as bad. Which will be easier Core or Resistance?

Pretika said:
Hey I'm doing the 30 day shred ... I lost 3 stone 3 years ago with a vcld diet and I have kept it off - trying to get the last 10 lbs now but doing it with healthy eating and exercise ... I have gone from a size 16 to a size 10/12 - I'm only 5 ft 2 so every pound counts ... But I have now stopped weighing and hitting the exercise .... I would really be interested in doing kettle bells as i have realised that strength training will get me the body I want .. Any advice would be great .... What weight should I start with ... Prob start in a few weeks once I hVe finished the 30 day shred xxx you have done sooo well your an inspiration

Hey Pretika, I lost 3 stone on a VLCD 3 years ago too. Went from size 16/18 to a comfy 12. Maintained for about a year with exercise but then gained bit by bit through bad habits. I've since had brief stints on VLCD but just couldn't keep it up. Decided now to go for Slimfast (so I'm eating real food lol!) in combination with exercise. I will start with the 30 day shred then C25K then kettle bells.
I look forward to reading your success story; I bet with Kron's encouragement we can get kettle bell fit too!

Kron said:
Trimlee I was a couch potato that loved chocolate before I started this lol...
I am really strong now, not muscle bound, but have definition and the bells have sculpted my body like no other exercise I have tried in the past. In two weeks I thought hey ....... My belly shape is changing, I could see a glimmer of definition on the sides, my upper arms also - nothing hugely dramatic but yes it was there my butt finished at the back of my knees I kid you not, but ... ....

I rave about these because if I can do it then there's hope for everyone

Kron, you're talking real results here. I am more determined now than ever!!

Shazzabir said:
Believe it not I am still REALLY sore. It's mainly my bum and top of legs. I did a run this morning, so had to grin and bear it. It has been quite a while since I have suffered like this!! I'm doing my next session 2moro, so hoping it won't be quite as bad. Which will be easier Core or Resistance?

Well done Shazz, I guess the post-workout muscle ache feels uncomfortable but satisfying at the same time!

Shazz
:)
So what your saying is that a 20 min workout has burned a load of your muscles - result
I would suggest core for your next one, I did find that one a little easier
It will stop hurting, you are moving your muscles in a completely different way and they are letting you know about it.
I hope your start will encourage others to swing that bell lol

Yes it is a result, just goes to show cardio does not work all of your muscles :)
I will keep an eye on my measurements and report back.
Will do core 2moro if it's easier!

I did see the kettleworx set on eBay for about half the price, might have been a used set
I recently bought iron core kettle bells DVD vol 1 by Sarah lurie, she is known in the industry, I didnt find it challenging enough, but would be good as a starter. She does a short rep then a minute break etc. Although I didn't feel challenged I could feel it the next day. It's about 45 minutes workout but that's due to all the breaks, you could fast forward or continue the set during the break as your fitness level grows
I also have the Goddess workout by Andrea Cane very respected. Gives you a choice of short workouts - no music, quite serious but again it works
I have Pavel -aka god of kettle bells - From Russia with Tough Love, he shows you the best technique and describes each exercise he is awesome. No real workout routine but the explanation and number of exercises he demonstrates will have you fit in no time
I have a few others that are a little more advanced.
Just got a new one so will be trying that one out for the first time tomorrow
I am absolutely amazed at my dress size, I can't believe it.
I bought a load of new clothes when I hit size 10 all of which are hanging off me -I honestly would not have believed I could get to this size
Hi there!
I've just literally joined this forum and I'm so glad I did as I've always wanted to try kettle bells and so from reading this I have enough tips...thank you Kron for sharing with us.
In the past I generally go through spurts of really getting into things...the most successful being Body For Life which I did about years ago...since then I've been to the gym and half heartedly started DVD's (30 day Shred) and Wii Fit games.

I think kettle bells and running maybe the way forward for me.

Thanks again

Just took a little time out from everything going on & done my first kettleworx workout. I done core & really enjoyed it. Just hope I dont feel too sore tomorrow :rolleyes: Thank you Kron for inspiring me to give this a go. I really enjoyed it & definitely couldnt have done it without thev programme to follow :D

Will report back with my pain tomorrow :rolleyes:

Hi Sweet Pink
They came -yeah
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your first session
Core was my favourite (sometimes lol)

Hi TwistedTallulah
Your welcome
I hope you will keep us updated :)
If you have any questions, please post

Went to kb class tonight, he is tough lol
Already feeling it, but it's a good ache

My new DVD has a quick ab workout, ran through it last night learning the moves
Well, with class tonight, omg they are letting me know. When hit abs at class I had to back off, that was hurting. Won't be doing that again lol

My fingers are crossed for you 2moro Sweet Pink.
Although thinking about it, if your not sore 2moro then I will look really unfit..! Lol :)

Kron you obviously like a challenge..! Lol
Hope your aches go soon :)

Thanks girls. I have a feeling I'll have very achey abs tomorrow coz I can feel them burning already. Oh well I guess that means its working. Hoping to get out for a run tomorrow evening as I havent been out all week & am really missing that too. Then kettleworx on friday evening.

Kron would you advise cardio or resistance next?

Quick question - hope I am not repeating one!! Is a 6kg kettlebell about right for a beginner?

I'm just starting & I used a 3kg tonight. Not sure if thats right or not though

The only kettlebell I have is 7.5, however I also taped a couple of dumbells together and that came to 5. I tried using the 7.5 as much as poss, and used the 5 on the ones that I really struggled with.
I think 7.5 was probably way to heavy for my first proper workout. May explain why I'm as sore as I am.

I did the core today, really enjoyed it. I felt like I was working different muscles to doing the cardio.
I'm still really sore from doing the cardio!!
I may do the resistance 2moro, as I'm running a 5k on Sunday (race for life) and don't want to be suffering too much during!

Shazz is that KG's omg I bow to you, I only use 8 now lol
No wonder your hurting, but going to get some quick results :)

Good thinking using two dumbbells BUT be careful. The weight distribution will be different
Your grip and movement of the dumbbells will not emulate the design of the bell
It is good to have two weights, some exercises would be nigh on impossible so its good to be able to drop down to get more reps in
Wait till you hit the gunslinger :)

I will post some good technique sites so your protecting yourself, as well as getting the best from your workout

Sweet Pink
I found cardio more intense on a stamina level, I seemed to get breathless quicker. Whereas the resistance had slower moves aimed at developing muscle tone.
All 3 give you a whole body workout, each having it's own emphasis
I did resistance after core. I don't think there is a right or wrong order you end up doing all 3 anyway
How are the moves feeling, if I remember rightly I was very wobbly and awkward for the first few sessions. Passing it from hand to hand resulted in a few knocks lol

888Sally
I started with 4 kg and found that challenging, I bought an 8 after a month or so but couldn't complete some of the exercises, so got a 6 which worked up to using the 8
I would recommend starting about 4 kg and moving up as your strength increases. But if your already doing weight strength type training then 6 would be good

Back