Secret to shaping up

Thanks for the advice Kron :)
I was looking at getting another kettlebell, so think you have convinced me!
I bought the 7.5kg a few months ago, but coped ok with the few exercises I did, it didnt cross my mind it might be too heavy for me........until I started Kettleworx!! Yes I think thats why I have suffered so much. I am still using it where I can, but some exercises really need a smaller weight!

Hi Hannata
Kettleworx.co.uk or search on amazon, could try eBay
I like the Kettleworx as it gives 18 workouts, plus additional spot workouts pending on the package you buy
Good for learning and with any weight, I restarted it with a heavier bell.

If your used to kettle bells you may want something more advanced, my issue is that other DVDs normally only have one workout so can you can easily get bored so I have get a few in so can switch it about a bit

I have posted some DVD info and I have managed to get a few more so let me know what you wish to achieve and I will see if I can help

Just finished the cardio & OMG I am going to be feeling pain tomorrow. I ambitiously (& rather stupidly) started with a 4kg kettlebell but quickly swapped to a 3kg after a couple of exercises. Shazz... a 7kg??? I take my hat off to you coz I would never have made it through the first set!!!! lol

Now looking forward to the resistance but if I had a choice between cardio or core ... core would definitely win!!! That cardio was a toughy!!!! :eek:

Lol
Now you know why I like core :)
It can be tough, but it doesnt last long and shows how differently your working your body
It does get easier - sort of, it will always challenge you, and some reps will be harder than others

When I workout omg I don't know if I can cope lol
But that body ache the next day feels good. I have a tightness mostly, not pain, unless I have tried some new moves

I am looking forward to trying out my new dvd tomorrow.
Need to get optimising, diet has been awful didn't WI this week, my scales say plus 2 boooooo

Hi Hannata
Kettleworx.co.uk or search on amazon, could try eBay
I like the Kettleworx as it gives 18 workouts, plus additional spot workouts pending on the package you buy
Good for learning and with any weight, I restarted it with a heavier bell.

If your used to kettle bells you may want something more advanced, my issue is that other DVDs normally only have one workout so can you can easily get bored so I have get a few in so can switch it about a bit

I have posted some DVD info and I have managed to get a few more so let me know what you wish to achieve and I will see if I can help

oh right this is the kettleworx you are talking about then... i thought it was something different.. wondering why nothing came up for body magic lol

I ordered the set with no kettlebell, i'm already pretty experienced with kb's as i've done a lot of stuff with my trainer, and actual kb classes :)

hannata said:
I ordered the set with no kettlebell, i'm already pretty experienced with kb's as i've done a lot of stuff with my trainer, and actual kb classes :)

How lucky, i couldnt find a kb class until one recently started in a room at the back of a pub ;)
I like to follow a routine although have done a few freestyle sessions, but tend to go for the easy reps lol

Keep us updated :)

Lol
Now you know why I like core :)
It can be tough, but it doesnt last long and shows how differently your working your body
It does get easier - sort of, it will always challenge you, and some reps will be harder than others

When I workout omg I don't know if I can cope lol
But that body ache the next day feels good. I have a tightness mostly, not pain, unless I have tried some new moves

I am looking forward to trying out my new dvd tomorrow.
Need to get optimising, diet has been awful didn't WI this week, my scales say plus 2 boooooo

I have to admit that I do love to feel a bit of a burn the next day as then I feel like its doing me good. I like the challenge of something new & although I found some of the moves more difficult than others I got through it & am enjoying it. You know what they say.. no pain, no gain!!! :rolleyes:

Hope your not suffering too much today Sweet Pink. I still ache a little bit from doing the cardio one on Tuesday! I have ordered a 5kg kettlebell from Amazon, so hopefully will get it early next week. I am still going to use the 7.5kg where I can manage it though.
Going to do resistance this morning :)

Well finally got the housework done so went to do my workout
Due to my extremely poor diet this week, I thought am going to hit those bells hard - bit of self punishment lol
Well I completed my art of strength, then had a work through with a new DVD Katimo combos oooh was tough, lots of combination exercises, lost it most of the way through lol, then on to the quick abs section, didn't quite complete all the reps on some.
Well I hope I hurt tomorrow, will serve me right lol
My arms feel a little shaky, and I know my butt and thighs have had a good time :)

Going to chill for a little while
Chicken salad for tea, and have some hard boiled eggs in the fridge, so if I need to eat later, that will take the edge of

Wow! Been reading your thread with interest Kron.

Something else new to try down the track.

Where are your photos? x

Well done on the workout Kron!!

I did resistance today, boy it was hard!!!! That's my first week completed, so will do week 2 cardio on Monday :)

Dont feel too bad today Shazz. Just a nice burn in the muscles. I am doing resistance tomorrow & then that will be my first week finished too. I imagine the resistance to be a toughy too. Hope you dont suffer too much tomorrow

Kron thanks for the links they are really helpful :D

I did resistance today, boy it was hard!!!! That's my first week completed, so will do week 2 cardio on Monday :)

Shazz, I hope your 5 comes soon, I am in awe that you are still continuing with your beastie bell - kudos :)
Some exercises will get easier, as you practice and muscles develop.

Kron thanks for the links they are really helpful :D

Hi Sweet Pink
Your more than welcome, developing good form will get quicker results as well as protect you from injury
Good luck with resistance, the 20 mins will fly by

Where are your photos? x

Hi Han
photos hol 136.JPG
July 2010, a voluptuous size 16

hol2011 047.jpg
Now (May 2011) - half the size, and yes on holiday I wandered around in a bikini all day :)

Not hurting today, have a tightness. Wont be doing anything today as have class tomorrow

I found a tape measure yesterday and have lost 7" from my waist - I didnt think it looked like much until I wrapped it around and pulled it out to my old waist size - omg there was a huge gap, and the realisation that gap used to be filled with fat. Its like you can fit two of me into the same space :)

Wow kron! What an amazing difference in you!!! I'm off to get a kettlebell now!!!!! X

Wow kron! What an amazing difference in you!!! I'm off to get a kettlebell now!!!!! X

thank you Sofartogo :)
I do admit to being very pleased with myself
keep us updated if you get your bell, always happy to provide advice etc

Back