Secret to shaping up

Susie round 2 is repeating the programme. Great to hear you got cardio week 1 done, the aches will pass :) I only do Kettlebells, far too lazy to do anything else, and believe they give me a good all round workout

Toola week 2 cardio done and on an empty stomach! I wouldn't have been able to complete it with so little food, you did really well. Hope you get time to eat something good

Been lazy, still got wk1 resistance to do, bleh!

Just a quick post - week 3 round 2 done!!! Someone asked about other exercise, sorry forgot who....I only do Kettleworx - I'm quite lazy too lol Hoping to get back into Zumba at least once a week soon though :)

Kron - how can you even lift a 10 kg let alone a 12!! It would flatten me!!

Just a quick post - week 3 round 2 done!!! Someone asked about other exercise, sorry forgot who....I only do Kettleworx - I'm quite lazy too lol Hoping to get back into Zumba at least once a week soon though :)

Kron - how can you even lift a 10 kg let alone a 12!! It would flatten me!!

We're on the same week then, just different rounds. My week 3 is going to be out of sync though as I'm away for 4 days and cant swing.

Hi swingers,
Inspiring as always.... Well done to u all for ur accomplishments this week.

Just finished resistance week 1 and it was great!

I mainly used my 6kg but found it too light so upped it to 8kg for the second set. Much more challenging.

One question, I struggled with both 6kg and 8kg for the punches, what weight do u use for them??? I am thinking of buying a 4kg but don't want to waste money if in a few weeks I may be able to do them with the 6kg....but maybe that's ambitious?

Anyway, wld love to hear what you all do...

thanks for the replies. looks like i need to invest in the 79.99 version.

i have had a look on youtube and there is a video of a man doing week one cardio. it looks pretty tough, he is doing press up thingies - there is no way i am able to do a press up! i will just have to adapt it to my level of (un)fitness, maybe by round 2 or 3 i'll be able to do it properly!

One question, I struggled with both 6kg and 8kg for the punches, what weight do u use for them??? I am thinking of buying a 4kg but don't want to waste money if in a few weeks I may be able to do them with the 6kg....but maybe that's ambitious?

Hi, I now use a 5kg for punches and gun slingers whereas I use a 7.5 for everything else (except sometimes seated pass under). Having said that, I think you will make progress within a few weeks, to answer your question. I used to use a measly 5lbs belle for the moves mentioned above. Now, that 5lb bell is nothing more than just a paper-weight/key-ring for me, and I'm hoping to soon be able to use my 7.5 for those tricky moves and go up to a 10kg for everything else.

In time you will probably want to spend your money on an even bigger bell so maybe save your pennies for that?

Good luck x

thanks for the replies. looks like i need to invest in the 79.99 version.

i have had a look on youtube and there is a video of a man doing week one cardio. it looks pretty tough, he is doing press up thingies - there is no way i am able to do a press up! i will just have to adapt it to my level of (un)fitness, maybe by round 2 or 3 i'll be able to do it properly!

Ceres I have arthritis and haven't managed to conquer the press ups as yet...but ever hopeful :)

I also can't do the full push ups yet, my arms are just not strong enough.

I use a 5 kg for punches and 7.5 kg for everything else!

Neither can i! Total wimp on top lol.

Going for the end of wk1 tonight, i need to force myself and stop being so lazy! x

Hi all, will catch up when I get back from class, I am going to take my 10kg with me, and my 8 to swap down to for some (most probably lots) of moves. Bit excited about using my 10 in a nervous way lol It's just my 8 doesn't challenge me enough most times, and need to put the men to shame ;) hubby is coming with me so will get him to carry it lol

Wk1 finally finished, onto wk2!

My arms and shoulders are feeling it lol

Hi Toola class went well, bit hard! Used 10 for a good while, but shoulders gave out so had to drop to my 8 at the end. I never thought I would be swinging a 10 but it's been a gradual process. Hope you enjoyed your pork and gammon :) Are you going on a hol?

Chick :) it's not easy and I definitely won't be doing gunslingers with them lol

Mama whooping butt! Your fitness level sounds really good. Stick with your 6, it will happen, you won't have any use for a lighter bell, you will be needing heavier at the rate your going. Your doing great :)

Ceres you might not be able to do one now, but you will. Week 1 cardio is the hardest of them all, even on round 2 :)

Biggy a key ring! Superb lol

Susie how are your wrists, feeling better I hope

Babycham your doing great using your 7.5 :)

Joanne great news! Hope you persevere and get some fititude lol once you see improvements it might help spur you on!

The food was amazing last night, felt like a real carnivore!

3.5lbs gone since starting kettles combined with SW so looking forward to what can happen in the next 4 weeks.

Toola congrats on the loss, you must be pleased :) will be checking out your diary for so e tips!

Hi swingers,
Inspiring as always.... Well done to u all for ur accomplishments this week.

Just finished resistance week 1 and it was great!

I mainly used my 6kg but found it too light so upped it to 8kg for the second set. Much more challenging.

I use a 5kg and still find it tough :eek:

Hi, I now use a 5kg for punches and gun slingers whereas I use a 7.5 for everything else (except sometimes seated pass under). Having said that, I think you will make progress within a few weeks, to answer your question. I used to use a measly 5lbs belle for the moves mentioned above. Now, that 5lb bell is nothing more than just a paper-weight/key-ring for me, and I'm hoping to soon be able to use my 7.5 for those tricky moves and go up to a 10kg for everything else.

In time you will probably want to spend your money on an even bigger bell so maybe save your pennies for that?

Good luck x

I have to swap down for the exact same moves Biggy!! Also half get ups kill me with the 7.5 kg - can manage first set but that's it!!

Back