Secret to shaping up

Week 5 started with a really good cardio session; setting the day up nicely. It is interesting that although my arms are getting some nice definition in the shoulder area, I've still got a flabby bit at the back (sort of under the back of the arm, above the bra strap). Does anyone know which kb exercise is best for that area - as I may have to add something extra into my workouts to target it.

I picked up my new roadie (bike) on Friday and managed to get a quick 5-miler in, just to test it out :) was great fun - so I'm hoping, if the weather holds, I can add a couple of 10 miles rides in to my fitness regime after work and build up so I can do 15 - 20 miles on the weekends. My cycling goal is to do the Norwich 50 next year (as I'm away for this years event) and then join my OH's cycle club.

It's great to see many more folks joining in with the KBs and the KB sub-forum is building up nicely. Hope everyone has a good day, whatever your plans and the sun is shining in your part of the world :) it's nice and bright here at the moment.

Splodgergill, I think Tracey might have mentioned that one-armed rows might be good for that area? I'll be watching myself for replies since this is a problem for me too.

Just curious whether any of you swing whilst on a low carb diet? I'm currently trying phase 1 of the south beach diet and while it's not truly low/no carb (non-starchy veg and beans are allowed), it's lower than what I'm used to (similar but including low GI carbs and fruits). Just wondering whether I should tone down the swinging a bit for the two weeks of phase 1, I don't want to absolutely wipe myself out. I could go back to Amy Bento or just modify KW even more to be gentler.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. :) Lovely and sunny here today too. :)

Hi Peeps - well Wk1 Cardio done. It's the 5th time I've done it and it never gets any easier! The individual exercises are all fine, but the way they are arranged together just kill me. Wk1 Cardio on the Advanced is no where near as tough by the way.

Disco Side Bends/Windmills are great for the back fat issues.

Glad everyone is getting some sun. Very overcast here in the Highlands. Bummer :(

Sorry to hear it's grey there Sue! :( well done on facing week 1 cardio even though you knew what was in store. ;)

I keep waiting for Ryan to get to the disco side bends! I'm sure they're coming, though, and I may not be so enthusiastic when they arrive. :D

Disco side bends start in week 4 I seem to remember. And they can crop up in Cardio, Core and Resistance so you do get to do them quite a bit.

Even though I hate Wk1 Cardio I have made progress. Today I used a 10kg and a 7.5kg. When I first started I was using a 3kg! So although I find it tough I know I am better than I was. Mind you I still use my 5kg for the punches. I'm more of a lover than a fighter :D

Week 1 Resistance done yesterday - so week 1 completed - yay! I found it harder than the Core and did have to pause it twice for a breather. V. proud of myself and even thinking of taking my kettlebell on holiday when we go away in 2 weeks so I can keep going! Nutter!

Week 1 Resistance done yesterday - so week 1 completed - yay! I found it harder than the Core and did have to pause it twice for a breather. V. proud of myself and even thinking of taking my kettlebell on holiday when we go away in 2 weeks so I can keep going! Nutter!

Hiya - well done, Wk1 down. :) Resistance is definately the half-way house between Cardio and Core. Definately my favourite. We'll be on hols the same time as you and the bells are coming with us. I know I'll be eating more when we go away so it will be tins of WW soup for evening meal if I've eaten out at lunchtime and my usual swinging. Damage limitation at its finest! :D

citygirlbythec said:

Woo! Well done. :D I agree, I find core the easiest to get through too. :)

I'll def be taking my little bell when I visit my parents in May - fortunately it's really easy to eat well there but I still don't want to lose my fledgling biceps. ;)

Hi all,

I've started with a cold today, so not feeling my best. Still managed most of the gym and week 4 cardio. I did skip a few bits- jumping jacks, mountain climbers and used my 4kg but I got through it. Now dosing myself up with echinacea and berocca to try and head it off before it really starts. i hate being ill, specially with the kids off school and needing entertaining.

Not looking forward to weigh in this week, I've totally fallen off the wagon this week, and so close to my first half stone too!

Hi all,

I've started with a cold today, so not feeling my best. Still managed most of the gym and week 4 cardio. I did skip a few bits- jumping jacks, mountain climbers and used my 4kg but I got through it. Now dosing myself up with echinacea and berocca to try and head it off before it really starts. i hate being ill, specially with the kids off school and needing entertaining.

Not looking forward to weigh in this week, I've totally fallen off the wagon this week, and so close to my first half stone too!

Well done for sticking to your workout even though you're poorly, that's dedication! Hope you'll feel better soon. Good luck for your weigh-in, whichever way it goes you at least know that you've stuck to your exercise which is excellent in and of itself. :)

Is it just me, or do other Kettleworxers (kettleworkers?) hear Ryan's voice in their head every time they see or hear the word 'progress'? I think I do because mr plum always chimes in (somewhat sarcastically, it must be said) whenever he's dripping with sweat and gasping as Ryan comes out with it. :D

Well done for sticking to your workout even though you're poorly, that's dedication! Hope you'll feel better soon. Good luck for your weigh-in, whichever way it goes you at least know that you've stuck to your exercise which is excellent in and of itself. :)

Hi Splodge - exactly what Plum said. Well done for sticking with it. :)

Argh! Hoping to do Core tonight, we have had a houseful for days, Only room I can swing in is the lounge and I feel bad throwing the hubby out of the lounge at weekends!

Evening all

Had a propere horrid day at work today ...everything went wrong that could :( ..........so I'm going to vent my frustration with Kettlercise :)

Btw NON SCALE VICTORY this morning.....managed to get my bra done up on the tightest clasps :eek: when 3 weeks ago it was very tight even on the loosest clasp!! So obviously I've lost some inches (shame I've not got a tape measure) but the bra prooves its working :D well happy.

Evening all

Had a propere horrid day at work today ...everything went wrong that could :( ..........so I'm going to vent my frustration with Kettlercise :)

Btw NON SCALE VICTORY this morning.....managed to get my bra done up on the tightest clasps :eek: when 3 weeks ago it was very tight even on the loosest clasp!! So obviously I've lost some inches (shame I've not got a tape measure) but the bra prooves its working :D well happy.

Brilliant NSV today! :D Amazing how good those kinds of changes can feel, isn't it?

Does Kettlercise include kettlebell punches? If so, envision all the rubbish from work in front of you and smash it. :) Hope you have a better one tomorrow!

Shirleen, it's only 20 mins, just kick him out, keep him busy or let him watch!

Thanks for the responses guys, am feeling like pants, but hopefully muchos drugs, plus a large scotch before bed will help. I find there's not much that can survive 40% alcohol!

Splodgergill said:
Shirleen, it's only 20 mins, just kick him out, keep him busy or let him watch!

Thanks for the responses guys, am feeling like pants, but hopefully muchos drugs, plus a large scotch before bed will help. I find there's not much that can survive 40% alcohol!

Should try some green ginger wine with the scotch!!

I am syked up to attempt my first kettlebell session tomorrow. Am starting with a 4kg weight and the kettlercise DVD for women. Any advice gratefully received!

Back