Secret to shaping up

Hi all, its been a while. Moved house and settling into my new life. Tonight was the first night of swinging in over a month. I bet I ache in the morning. Been keeping up with the running but have definately missed my swinging. Off on holiday in a couple of days but am determined to get into a routine again after Easter.

daisybell18 said:
I am syked up to attempt my first kettlebell session tomorrow. Am starting with a 4kg weight and the kettlercise DVD for women. Any advice gratefully received!

Take it at your own pace and use the pause button if you need too :) good luck! Enjoy..

Just finished wk1 took a while cause OH Hogs the TV :)

Completed wk1 Resistance today- all 3 finally done for week 1 (following my crippling DOMS!!)

Really really enjoyed it, and already noticeably improving on things such as the plank- woohoo!!!
:)

xx

Just done the kettlercise introduction session. OMG some of those exercises! The flutterby ! Who invented these? Seriously though, I quite enjoyed it. Always liked using free weights and gym ball at the gym so think this might be the exercise for me. Am starting with 4kg weight which feels about right at this stage.

Can anyone recommend any you tube sessions where I can learn more about form? Don't want to injure myself.

Well done on getting started. Some of the exercises do seem quite bizarre and so deceptively simple - but then the core starts to ache!

If you find a post by Kron she had some links in her signature to workouts. If you can find stuff by Lauren Brookes on youtube she is excellent. I used some of these when I was waiting for my kettleworx dvds to arrive last year. :)

Well that was Wk1 Core sorted in record time. Probably because we are shivering under 6" or so of snow and it is feckin freezing. My kettlebell handles took ages to warm up in my hands! So only a couple of quick pauses for getting up and down off the floor and that was it. I forgot how much I had missed some of the moves which you don't get in the advanced set. I settled into my horse stance with ease! :D No jokes please belles!

Thinking in future I am going to alternate the basic and advanced DVDs, so I finish one completely and then go straight into the other and just keep repeating. At least that way I end up with a mix.

Right better look out my sledge as looks like I'll be using that to get to work tomorrow! :eek:

I did Core wk 1 last night too! Check out my diary for the end of match discussion lol!

I did Core wk 1 last night too! Check out my diary for the end of match discussion lol!

I just have Shirleen and made a few comments. :)

Cat Lover Sue said:
Well done on getting started. Some of the exercises do seem quite bizarre and so deceptively simple - but then the core starts to ache!

If you find a post by Kron she had some links in her signature to workouts. If you can find stuff by Lauren Brookes on youtube she is excellent. I used some of these when I was waiting for my kettleworx dvds to arrive last year. :)

Thanks Cat Lover Sue. I read some of Krons earlier posts when I was contemplating Kettlebells. Will revisit them later today. I dont ache yet but my legs are incredibly wobbly!

I am on week 2 of kw but am struggling with push ups, my arms and wrists just don't want to take my weight!! have been doing them on knees but don't feel as tho i am doing alot any ideas?

Also everyone else seems to b aching the next day but i haven't had anything, I am using the 5lb bell that came with dvds, should i up it to a heavier one??

thanks

jac76 said:
I am on week 2 of kw but am struggling with push ups, my arms and wrists just don't want to take my weight!! have been doing them on knees but don't feel as tho i am doing alot any ideas?

Also everyone else seems to b aching the next day but i haven't had anything, I am using the 5lb bell that came with dvds, should i up it to a heavier one??

thanks

I've been doing pushups on the kitchen counter, my arms will snap otherwise!

jac76 said:

thanks

I would recommend moving up Tesco do a reasonably priced 5kg bell, that should push you more.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

ailly said:
I would recommend moving up Tesco do a reasonably priced 5kg bell, that should push you more.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I use a 5kg bell, my ribs have joined in the achey party!!!

Shirleen said:
I use a 5kg bell, my ribs have joined in the achey party!!!

I have just started with a 4kg bell that is the lowest I can get here in Austria and my legs are still a bit wobbly from this morning. I do feel good though.

Evening all - just bit the bullet and done the 50min kettlercise workout.......boy did I sweat tonight :eek: Always feel better for it after though!

I don't think my weigh in is going to be very good tomorrow but I have read somewhere that week 3/4 after incorporating exrcise can show a gain ..something to do with muscle density :confused: not too bothered as I know the inches are coming off anyway :)

Ugh, still feeling horrible here. 1.5lb gain (my own fault) did nothing to help my mood either!

Still, I think I'll do KW tomorrow. No way can i manage the gym, but KW is so quick I know I can just do it, 20 mins and it's done and collapse!

Did anyone have a weight gain after starting kettle bells, and if so, did you experience a decent loss in the following weeks?

xx

Back