Secret to shaping up

Well, just had another weigh in tonight at SW and have gained 1lb, last week I gained half a pound. I've just started wk3 KW today so I hope the scales start to move soon!! Trying not to get disheartened.

xx

Croc said:
Well, just had another weigh in tonight at SW and have gained 1lb, last week I gained half a pound. I've just started wk3 KW today so I hope the scales start to move soon!! Trying not to get disheartened.

xx

I have seen time and again on here that people tend to plateau at week 3 and 4 of. Kettlebells. Please keep at it and do post to let us all know that you came through the other side! I am in week2 of kettlercise so will probably be joining you soon.

I've just brought sone kettlebells will be starting today, no dvd so using youtube. Any suggestions?

If you are doing kettlebells to aid weight loss what diet you following and what are your losses like? x x

daisybell18 said:
I have seen time and again on here that people tend to plateau at week 3 and 4 of. Kettlebells. Please keep at it and do post to let us all know that you came through the other side! I am in week2 of kettlercise so will probably be joining you soon.

Thanks for your reply daisybell.

I have previously seen comments on here too so I do have my fingers crossed.

The only difference I think with me is that I've struggled at this weight now for about 6 months, even though I follow SW. Don't know why it's not shifting more, my Consultant is scratching his head!! :(

I feel a bit of a let down every week (yes, I still go to weigh in AND stay to group EVERY week!!) when everyone else seems to be getting losses, even when they've been off plan etc, yet even when I stick to SW to the letter, still nothing! I've lost 2 stone but still have 1.5 stone to go so not good.

I'm praying that the Kettleworx programme gets things moving on the scales soon. I do look and feel better though- my stomach, arms, legs etc are all more toned even after 2 weeks!! :)

If anyone else has had a similar experience I'd love to hear from you- I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with me..!

xx

Croc said:
Thanks for your reply daisybell.

I have previously seen comments on here too so I do have my fingers crossed.

The only difference I think with me is that I've struggled at this weight now for about 6 months, even though I follow SW. Don't know why it's not shifting more, my Consultant is scratching his head!! :(

I feel a bit of a let down every week (yes, I still go to weigh in AND stay to group EVERY week!!) when everyone else seems to be getting losses, even when they've been off plan etc, yet even when I stick to SW to the letter, still nothing! I've lost 2 stone but still have 1.5 stone to go so not good.

I'm praying that the Kettleworx programme gets things moving on the scales soon. I do look and feel better though- my stomach, arms, legs etc are all more toned even after 2 weeks!! :)

If anyone else has had a similar experience I'd love to hear from you- I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with me..!

xx

Do you have a diary on here? Perhaps if you post what you are eating, you could ask some of the people on here who have had significant losses to help you out with some advice. LittleFlutterby for example. I am happy to look for you but I have only been doing this for three months. I find writing things down helps. Are you doing Extra Easy? I tend to stick to the food combining on green and red days.

daisybell18 said:
Do you have a diary on here? Perhaps if you post what you are eating, you could ask some of the people on here who have had significant losses to help you out with some advice. LittleFlutterby for example. I am happy to look for you but I have only been doing this for three months. I find writing things down helps. Are you doing Extra Easy? I tend to stick to the food combining on green and red days.

I haven't posted a diary on here, but have filled a couple out recently for my Consultant to look at and he can't really see a problem- he just asked if I was measuring sauces etc. I did EE for about 14 months, but the losses literally came to a standstill after losing 2 stone, so I started doing a lot of red days recently to try and get things moving as my Consultant said this should get a result, but I'm still hovering!! Been this weight now for about 6 months, I just occasionally go up and down a pound or so.

xx

Gosh - only a few days off minis and there's so much been added to this thread, it's great :) Took a while to catch up with how everyone is doing, and it's nice to see new names appearing. The KB phenomenon continues to grow.

A late 'well done' to you Sue for reaching your 'stage one' goal weight. You're doing incredibly well with your weight loss. Mine has stalled, but that's because I've been off plan for over a week now and carbs have started to creep back in. I'm off work this week, so aim to de-carb over the next few days and get back onto Exante next Monday when I return to work (always find it easier to stick to when I'm at work).

Anyway - I digress.... although I've not been on minis lately I have been sticking to the KBs and only have week 6 resistance to do, to complete round 2. I'm then moving onto Kettlercise from Sunday - just for a change. Once I've mastered that I will probably do a mix of Kettleworx and Kettlercise to keep me going.

I've also started alternating the bells with a 20 min HIIT treadmill session and am suffering from the dreaded DOMS to my legs today.

A question for you 'belles' who have the Kettlercise Vol I and Vol II DVDs - aside from the second version having the warmup on both DVDS, is Vol II the next step up from Vol i (like KW advanced is), or is it just a slightly updated version?

Hello, everyone!

CatLoverSue, well done on your fantastic weightloss, and in such a short space of time, too! You're an inspiration.

Great to be back, although I did enjoy my weekend away with the family. Not been to the gym or used my bells since last Monday (bad girl), but today I got back in the saddle. Did week 4 resistance and worked up a good sweat, loved it!

I'm feeling very positive this week, got my meals all planned for every day, tons of good food in the fridge, back on track with exercise, it's all looking good.

Thanks Suseka and Splodge. Much appreciated. xx

Croc said:
I haven't posted a diary on here, but have filled a couple out recently for my Consultant to look at and he can't really see a problem- he just asked if I was measuring sauces etc. I did EE for about 14 months, but the losses literally came to a standstill after losing 2 stone, so I started doing a lot of red days recently to try and get things moving as my Consultant said this should get a result, but I'm still hovering!! Been this weight now for about 6 months, I just occasionally go up and down a pound or so.

xx

Have you tried increasing the amount of super free foods you eat? I've heard people say that makes quite a difference.

daisybell18 said:
Have you tried increasing the amount of super free foods you eat? I've heard people say that makes quite a difference.

Yes I have tried this, but this doesn't seem to make any difference really. Im totally baffled, not to mention frustrated! :(

xx

Croc said:
Yes I have tried this, but this doesn't seem to make any difference really. Im totally baffled, not to mention frustrated! :(

xx

I've been hovering weight wise for months but that because I'm not committed! Anyway I had a whopping 5lb loss recently by increasing my Superfree. I have fruit and natural Greek yogurt for breakfast, Aubergines and spinach Dahl for lunch then something like chicken and potatoes with veg.
I increased my veg easily by chucking carrot batons in the roasting pan before adding my chips, I tried celeriac chips too.
The main thing though... I gave up bread for that week and had Ryvitas or cereal instead x

I was going to say how much of what you are eating is bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, crackers, low fat sugary treats? I am biased as just converted to south beach and am in phase1 and I feel better since I cut out all of the above only for 2 weeks- plus increased my good fat intake almonds (10-15 a day) plus 3/4 of my plate is veg- asparagus, spinach, cabbage, bok choi, (no carrots, or corn) broccoli, Coliflower, beans.. Tossed with toasted pine nuts.. Yummy.. With lean meat on a 1/4 on it.. Snacks low fat yogurts, low fat cheese, SF jelly etc.. max about 1800 cals lost 2 kg 1st week.. Drinking most days 3l water - don't think it would be water weight... As have been life style changing for 7/8 mths now :)

Shirleen said:
I've been hovering weight wise for months but that because I'm not committed! Anyway I had a whopping 5lb loss recently by increasing my Superfree. I have fruit and natural Greek yogurt for breakfast, Aubergines and spinach Dahl for lunch then something like chicken and potatoes with veg.
I increased my veg easily by chucking carrot batons in the roasting pan before adding my chips, I tried celeriac chips too.
The main thing though... I gave up bread for that week and had Ryvitas or cereal instead x

Hmmmmm...

Thanks for that reply Shirleen. :)

I might give an almighty push on the old super free foods again and try cutting down on bread or cutting it out for a week.

My Consultant also recommended I try only having 10 syns a day but I said I'd struggle at the minute on that- I'm still 10st 10 so what do I then cut down to when I get near target??!!! Eek!

I'm beginning to feel like a freak not being able to lose any more. I don't want to become a joke amongst my group either!!

xx

What's your target? As 10st 10lbs is 150lbs 68kgs and how tall are you?

When your trying to keep your weight the same your cals are normally more than when your trying to loose :)

Mfp says once I reach target of 65kgs I need to eat 1600 a day to maintain that weight..

lyndzi76 said:
Your mentioning super free foods - what diet are you following?

I'm doing Slimming World. Was just following Extra Easy for the 1st 14 months or so, but have recently introduced Red days. It doesn't seem to make any difference either way.

Mis-behave said:
What's your target? As 10st 10lbs is 150lbs 68kgs and how tall are you?

When your trying to keep your weight the same your cals are normally more than when your trying to loose :)

Mfp says once I reach target of 65kgs I need to eat 1600 a day to maintain that weight..

My target is preferably 9 stone. I'm only 5ft 2" so 9 stone would be a nice healthy weight. Have been 9 stone before but it was 10 years ago in my early 20's! I know I can be there again. :)

I just want to see some movement on the scales again.

xx

Croc said:
My target is preferably 9 stone. I'm only 5ft 2" so 9 stone would be a nice healthy weight. Have been 9 stone before but it was 10 years ago in my early 20's! I know I can be there again. :)

I just want to see some movement on the scales again.

xx

Please think about setting up a food diary on here. There are so many people who want to help you. Sometimes it is easy to get in a rut and not be able to pull yourself out - maybe now is your chance.
What do you use your syns for? Perhaps there are free alternatives we can suggest for you. I so want this situation to change for you after your amazing losses so far.

daisybell18 said:
Please think about setting up a food diary on here. There are so many people who want to help you. Sometimes it is easy to get in a rut and not be able to pull yourself out - maybe now is your chance.
What do you use your syns for? Perhaps there are free alternatives we can suggest for you. I so want this situation to change for you after your amazing losses so far.

Thank you so much for your reply daisybell, it's lovely and has made me realise even people who don't 'know me' and are not at my group even care! :)

I think a food diary for say a week or so would actually be a good idea- fresh eyes looking over it might uncover something.

Where would you suggest I post it?

xx

Back