Secret to shaping up

daisybell18 said:
My strategy for kick starting my metabolism worked. I lost 3 lbs and have eaten loads. Increased my free and superfood intake significantly and am delighted that I am under 13 stone at last.

That's fantastic!!

Well done daisybell. Was your strategy to increase your superfree?

My strategy for kick starting my metabolism worked. I lost 3 lbs and have eaten loads. Increased my free and superfood intake significantly and am delighted that I am under 13 stone at last.

That's great! Good to know the theory works. And its a great excuse to scoff a bit more :)

Morning all

Yesterday was my day off - no exercise what so ever and no counting calories for the day either think it was prob the 8th vodka that tipped me over my daily points slightly :eek:

Anyway today is a new day and i'm doing Week 5 Core later along with 15 mins HIIT on the treadmill :) I've got steak and kidney in the slow cooker ready to make a pie for tea - I will be having mine minus the pastry though to keep calories down!

Need to reep back some points from yesterday :p

Trash, I need to take a leaf out of your book, I've had SUCH a shockingly bad week it's untrue. Lets just say yesterday alone involved Macdonalds and pizza!

I've got weigh in tomorrow and I'm going to draw a line under it then. Next week should be good as DH is out on Fri night and then away for a stag do Sat night so I can please myself as to what I eat. I've struggled to get to the gym this week but will be back to normal next week. And DS2 is doing very well with toilet training so I'll not be reaching for the chardonnay as a stress coping mechanism!

Not being able to work out this week for various reasons has really sent my stress levels soaring, it's amazing how good it is for you and how much I miss it and suffer for it when i dont go.

Oh, and is anyone on Twitter? if so, find and follow @Onlinefitness12. All day long, loads of tips, motivation, etc. Everyone retweets their responses and it's like another little community on there. They're really good and a website is coming soon.

Hi everyone, Im fairly new to this website and was delighted to come across a kettlebells section :)

I have been using kettlebells for about a year after being introduced to them by my bf's friend who is a fitness fanatic. I basically told him I wanted maximum results without having to spend hours a week pounding a tread mill and he loaned me a kettlebells book and the rest is history really :)

Through google I discovered Kettleworx and was using it regularly with great results. I lost weight as well as inches and felt a great improvement in my fitness. Then it all went wrong, I reached target, became complacent, stopped exercising and of course put 3 stone back on. Very silly I know!

Anyways, drastic times call for drastic measures and I have been following a VLCD to shift the weight quickly as I just don't have the patience for a 1lb a week loss( I'm not knocking this method or casting judgement but it's just not for me :)) I need to lose this 3 stone asap and tone in the process.

So......I've been on a VLCD for 24 days now and have lost one stone, that leaves two to go. This week as my energy has began to increase I have been gradually re-introducing kettleworx - I've really missed it!!!

I did the fast fat burn 10 min dvd on Saturday and BOY did it HURT!!!! Muscles are still sore today BUT i pushed myself and did the fast abs 10 minutes :)

I'm concious that I'm not consuming many calories so I think I'm gonna stick to these 2 dvds every other day and eventaully build up to Cardio, core and res 3 times a week.

Sorry for the extremely long and tedious post.....it has been awesome to read some of the posts and 'meet' other kettlebell/kettleworks enthusiasts :) I haven't read everything but I'll back track over the next few days and read as much as poss.

I hope I will get some support as well as provide it as I will be sure to need it.

Thanks guys :)

Hi Sliminthecity and welcome :)

How did you lose your weight the first time round? Did you follow a particular diet then? I've not had much experience with a VLCD but think the approach you are taking with Kettleworx seems a good idea. The 10 minute ones are fab but I bet you felt the burn big style!

Sounds like you have your focus back and I'm sure it won't be long before you're making in-roads into the 2 stone left. :)

Trash, I need to take a leaf out of your book, I've had SUCH a shockingly bad week it's untrue. Lets just say yesterday alone involved Macdonalds and pizza!

I've got weigh in tomorrow and I'm going to draw a line under it then. Next week should be good as DH is out on Fri night and then away for a stag do Sat night so I can please myself as to what I eat. I've struggled to get to the gym this week but will be back to normal next week. And DS2 is doing very well with toilet training so I'll not be reaching for the chardonnay as a stress coping mechanism!

Not being able to work out this week for various reasons has really sent my stress levels soaring, it's amazing how good it is for you and how much I miss it and suffer for it when i dont go.

Oh, and is anyone on Twitter? if so, find and follow @Onlinefitness12. All day long, loads of tips, motivation, etc. Everyone retweets their responses and it's like another little community on there. They're really good and a website is coming soon.

Hi Splodge

I only seem so good cuz i've got a holiday looming in 13 days lol So its my last ditch attempt to be a size 8 Ha ha!

HIya to sliminthecity and well done with the VLCD i know i tried it once and failed miserably and welcome to Kettlebells on Mini's :)

Hi Sue,

I've really enjoyed reading your posts!

I lost about 3 stone via the more traditional route of slimming world. I then lost the other 2 stone by healthy eating and watching my calorie intake.

I took me a looooooong time to lose it as I kept gaining and losing the same lbs over and over again - it didn't take me half as long to gain 3 stone back though. Lesson learned big time! The maintaining really is the hardest part!

I am totally feeling the burn. It's good though as I know its working! I used to use a 10 kg but I've had to go back down to 7.5 and even 5 for some of the tougher ones. Hopefully I'll be swinging that 10 again soon, it's something to work towards.

Thanks for your reply.

Hi Sue,

I've really enjoyed reading your posts!

I lost about 3 stone via the more traditional route of slimming world. I then lost the other 2 stone by healthy eating and watching my calorie intake.

I took me a looooooong time to lose it as I kept gaining and losing the same lbs over and over again - it didn't take me half as long to gain 3 stone back though. Lesson learned big time! The maintaining really is the hardest part!

I am totally feeling the burn. It's good though as I know its working! I used to use a 10 kg but I've had to go back down to 7.5 and even 5 for some of the tougher ones. Hopefully I'll be swinging that 10 again soon, it's something to work towards.

Thanks for your reply.

Wow 5 stone is a great achievement. At least you didn't put it all back on :D !

The good thing is you have all the tools ready to help you lose it and you know what you need to do. I must admit my thoughts are turning towards maintaining as I edge closer to my final target. My plan is to keep going with Kettleworx and stick to WW allowances in the week. I then feel I can cut loose and relax more at the weekends. I know its going to be trial and error but I will not pile the pounds back on again. I think most of us on here have done it in the past - its just too blooming easy to do.

Onwards and downwards! :)

I can't believe I have had a 4 week break - I am rubbish, but I've actually started week 3 and done the cardio. Worried that I won't be able to walk never mind teach a Zumba class tomorrow and Wednesday but I'm pleased that I've got back on the horse :)

Trying not to think about the fact that if I'd carried on I'd be finished the 6 weeks by now!

Is the Fast Fat Burn DVD enough on its own to help me drop some pounds? I have been given that and the abs one I cannot afford the £50 set. Thanks.

Oh never mind about my last comment I thought it was a 45 min work out but the routine is only 15mins repeated three times i think? Hmm

The fast abs and fast fat burn are 10 mins( although when you factor in warm up and cool down it prob is about 15 mins)

You could always do it once through and then repeat giving you a 20 minute workout if you wanted it to last a bit longer.

As long as you are burning more calories that you are eating you will lose weight and any exercise you do can only be beneficial :)

Thanks! I did the 10mins then put Jillian Michael's on for 20mins so done my 30mins tonight!! I'll have to save up or find a good cheap DVD.

mrsmacca said:
Thanks! I did the 10mins then put Jillian Michael's on for 20mins so done my 30mins tonight!! I'll have to save up or find a good cheap DVD.

Hi mrsmacca. I am a relative newbie to kettlebells compared to many on here but like you couldnt really afford the kettleworx DVD. I bought the Kettlercise one instead which I have really enjoyed. Guy Noble the instructor is a plain talking Northerner and you feel as if you are in a safe pair of hands. The DVD has 50, 20 and 8 min workouts which gives you flexibility depending on how much time you have.

My two stone reward was to order Kettleworx so I am just getting started. I don't go to class and I only did SW on online for three months to get me started. Used the money I save to buy the DVD. As the world's ultimate couch potato that is surely a sign that my mind is changing along with my weight! I now look forward to my kettle bell sessions.

Afternoon All - wk5 Core just finished. Its a good one that. :)

Mrs Macca - the 10 minute Kettleworx sessions are very effective. Have you thought about doing one from each DVD back to back - you can just skip through the 2nd warm up. I have done this a few times and find they completely wear you out.

Hi thanks for the replies! Has anybody done Jillian Michaels shred it with weights? Sorry if it's already been mentioned I don't want to look through 141 pages lol!

Hi thanks for the replies! Has anybody done Jillian Michaels shred it with weights? Sorry if it's already been mentioned I don't want to look through 141 pages lol!

Hiya - most folk on here are users of Kettleworx or Kettlercise, however if you check the threads on the forum right down near the bottom there's one for this DVD. Not got too much info on it but you could always drop the folk a line who have had a go. Sounds like it could be hard work! :)

No fair.....:( having taken a week off KBs due to an arm injury, I did a session on Sunday, using my 3.5 bell for the one armed moves (so not to overstretch it and ease my poorly arm back in). Felt great and I was all set to get back into my KW routine this week and then....wham! was hit with the norovirus last night. Its only now (21 hrs later) that the symptoms seem to be easing, although I still have chronic stomach cramps. I feel absolutely washed out, so no 'belling' for me for a while (again). I'm not having a lot of luck lately.

It never rains but pours.....:(

Back