Secret to shaping up

Oh Suseka - what a bummer :(. Pleased you've made progress with your arm injury though. Hopefully the virus will leave you shortly and you can gather your strength for a weekend bell assault? But there's no point in pushing yourself if you're not feeling up to it - the bells and Ryan aren't going anywhere!

Take it easy chuck. :)

Oh Suseka - what a bummer :(. Pleased you've made progress with your arm injury though. Hopefully the virus will leave you shortly and you can gather your strength for a weekend bell assault? But there's no point in pushing yourself if you're not feeling up to it - the bells and Ryan aren't going anywhere!

Take it easy chuck. :)

I agree with Sue take it easy hope your better soon x

Ok had the interview from hell today for a promotion at work 3 on the panel and anyone would think it was mastermind the bloody difficult questions they were firing at me! So not looking hopeful ....n'er mind eh!

So do you know what i promised myself to eleviate my stressful mood when i got home.........Week 6 Cardio ....just when you think it couldnt get any harder Ryan steps it up another notch! i was a ball of sweat! But feel better about things now though :)

Off for a dip in the tub catch you later x

Hi Trash - fingers crossed for you at work. I think its worse when you're being interviewed by folk you know. Glad you got your frustration out with your bells. I hope you were imagining the panel in front of you when you were swinging away! Oops did that bell just smack you in the mush :D!!

Got Wk6 Cardio coming up this Sunday. I shall prepare to sweat! Just wk5 Resistance to go on Thursday after work.

Suseka said:
No fair.....:( having taken a week off KBs due to an arm injury, I did a session on Sunday, using my 3.5 bell for the one armed moves (so not to overstretch it and ease my poorly arm back in). Felt great and I was all set to get back into my KW routine this week and then....wham! was hit with the norovirus last night. Its only now (21 hrs later) that the symptoms seem to be easing, although I still have chronic stomach cramps. I feel absolutely washed out, so no 'belling' for me for a while (again). I'm not having a lot of luck lately.

It never rains but pours.....:(

Hi Suseka, I hope you feel better soon :)

Trash said:
I agree with Sue take it easy hope your better soon x

Ok had the interview from hell today for a promotion at work 3 on the panel and anyone would think it was mastermind the bloody difficult questions they were firing at me! So not looking hopeful ....n'er mind eh!

So do you know what i promised myself to eleviate my stressful mood when i got home.........Week 6 Cardio ....just when you think it couldnt get any harder Ryan steps it up another notch! i was a ball of sweat! But feel better about things now though :)

Off for a dip in the tub catch you later x

Hi Trash, interviews can be like that but stay positive!
Must be great to be in week 6. Enjoy your well earned tub dip!

Cat Lover Sue said:
Hi Trash - fingers crossed for you at work. I think its worse when you're being interviewed by folk you know. Glad you got your frustration out with your bells. I hope you were imagining the panel in front of you when you were swinging away! Oops did that bell just smack you in the mush :D!!

Got Wk6 Cardio coming up this Sunday. I shall prepare to sweat! Just wk5 Resistance to go on Thursday after work.

Hey Sue, nearly there!

Hey Peoples, I did week 4 core today. Was generally ok but I have to admit I refused (stubbornly!) to do Ryan's "trainer's challenge" - it is hard! - and consoled myself doing some extra hip pumps & crunches/ core rows :D

Wk 4 cardio done! Have a great day everyone :)

Week one resistance done. It was not as bad as I expected although tomorrow will be the true test of how hard I worked. Doing the Kettlercise DVD on a regular basis has obviously stood me in good stead. Have to admit I am avoiding cardio as so many of you have reported it being v hard work. Will have to do it so perhaps I should bite the bullet and do it next.

Trimlee. - how often do you do the sessions? I see you did one straight after the other. Do you do more than 3 a week or was this one off?

Thanks for the well wishes guys, really lifted my spirits :) the symptoms seem to be easing, although I feel as weak as a kitten. I'm hoping I'll be back to normal by the weekend so I can get back to my routine. It's funny how addictive the KBs are (in a good way) and, for the first time ever, I actually miss working out when I can't do it :D I also love the fact I'm getting rid of my 'love handles', it's the one area I've always struggled with. I'm off to see my son at the end of the month and I really want to look as good as I can.

Trash - those 'boardroom style' interviews are a nightmare, so good luck. You may have done better than you think (fingers crossed).

One good thing to come out of this is that I'm resting my arm, so by the weekend I should be able to get back to my heavier weight and I've lost 7lbs since Monday :eek: though I realise it's water loss mainly.

daisybell18 said:
Week one resistance done. It was not as bad as I expected although tomorrow will be the true test of how hard I worked. Doing the Kettlercise DVD on a regular basis has obviously stood me in good stead. Have to admit I am avoiding cardio as so many of you have reported it being v hard work. Will have to do it so perhaps I should bite the bullet and do it next.

Trimlee. - how often do you do the sessions? I see you did one straight after the other. Do you do more than 3 a week or was this one off?

Hi Daisy, I do Kettlworx on Mon, Weds & Fri but I missed this Mon (away as it was a bank holiday in the UK) and made up for it yesterday. I really want to stay on track this time as I have been in off-wagon land" for too long!
I try to do different exercise on the other days.

Wk 1 Cardio has a certain reputation (i.e. tough!) but you're right, the kettlercise should mean that you are able to handle it ok! Enjoy :D

Week 2 resistance done today. Still not done cadio this week but will aim to do that at the weekend. After last weeks disasterous eating (and drinking!) I'm back on track as of today. Feeling really tired and sluggish and i know thats down to my naughtiness last week. Struggled at the gym today, just goes to show what you put in your body, you get out!

Still, fresh start today, lots of good fresh food, tons of water and I'm looking forward to a good nights sleep tonight!

Evening all, I finished my first6 weeks Kworx programme fully last night! I've posted my stats on the stats thread. Stats ok but scale wise i lost and i gained and eventually in 6 weeks Sts :eek:

I have had a few things contributing to this one is i had my gall bladder out just before i began swinging so was down in weight anyhow cus i'd been so ill and also gave up smoking 40 a day! So its been a real tuffy for me and also found out i've been eating too little calories :confused:

Anyhow not gonna winge on about it just gonna move on to the next 6 weeks with renewed vigour! :)

Well done Trash :) I'll check out your stats after this!

Just a quick post from me, did workout 2 from fast fat burn last night. You defo work intensely for the whole 10 minutes!!

I was popped afterwards but felt myself stronger than the previous workout and not in so much pain today :)

Hi Trash - well done. I didn't realise you were also giving up smoking. Yep that's a tough few weeks so massive congratulations on sticking with Kettleworx. I know you're disappointed with your weight loss (or lack of) but don't beat yourself up. Giving up smoking is notorious for contributing to folk eating more and putting on the pounds. You have stayed the same and lost inches at the same time. A good result, me thinks. :)

I've just finished Wk5 with resistance. Had a really full on day at work today so this was just the breather I needed to clear my head. Feeling it now though! :) Still, nearly the weekend.

Off to my 60 kettlercise class tonight, new routines with lots of squats with racks and high pulls side lunges etc.. Doing squats is harder than swings with the arm work!

I'm bowing out of this thread for a while now, not that I've been much of a contributor of late but it's for a good reason - I've been offered another Zumba class which will mean I'm teaching 3 classes a week. I think the kettlebells on top of this plus practicing new routines might be a bit much!

I've really enjoyed the Kettleworx DVDs and I'm sure I'll be back at some point! Take care everyone and keep on swinging - really proud of you all!

xx

Hi Lindsay - sorry to see you go. Enjoy your extra class. xx

citygirlbythec said:
I'm bowing out of this thread for a while now, not that I've been much of a contributor of late but it's for a good reason - I've been offered another Zumba class which will mean I'm teaching 3 classes a week. I think the kettlebells on top of this plus practicing new routines might be a bit much!

I've really enjoyed the Kettleworx DVDs and I'm sure I'll be back at some point! Take care everyone and keep on swinging - really proud of you all!

xx

Hey Citygirl, it's been nice having you post on here. Have fun with your extra class and see you sometime soon :)

Did kettlercise class last night!! I worked really hard, sweat loads! Going from 3 mins of leg exercises like squats into star jumps, then more star jumps with a chest push - really gets to you!!
I also used my 4kg more last night than normal Burnt 515kcaks in 60 mins

Back