Secret to shaping up

Just done week 4 cardio. The mountain climbers are impossible. Does it get easier.?

I am now straight with the DVD. Last week I did week 4 resistance then forgot which week I was on and did wk 3 cardio and core again. Dopey or what!

Do other people find that the burn varies from session to session? Today the lawn mowers were really burning my back muscles yet other times I have felt zilch. Not complaining as I am sure it is doing me good.

Thanks for the feedback on the Tesco bell. I will have to get one next week.

I agree with different muscles hurting with the same exercises! I was a bit gutted that Week four resistance although really tiring gave me no aches!

Confession time! I don't do Mountain Climbers and never have. I tend to do squat and upright rows in their place and go double-quick. Just don't tell Ryan! :D

fizzyfluff said:
Just completed week1 core, may die, can't see straight lol!

Sliminthecity, what are you doing now? I've jumped over to judd, lost 2.4lbs this wk, come join us, I think it's fab and I'm recruiting!

15 lost : 52 to goal

I was planning on doing low carb but have decided to stick with s and s for another month! I need the structure still! I'll look into judd!

Morning All - week 3 Advanced Core done. This one is all on the mat apart from the initial Disco Side Bends. Suited me as its already pretty hot here. My arms are still aching from Sunday's session but this has loosened them up a bit. Hope everyone has a good day. :)

Core week 4 under my belt so now moving onto week 5. As usual dear Ryan through me a curved ball - this time in the form of side hip extensions. He must be joking as my hips won't even come off the floor. Did manage to do most of the side rowers for the first time today so something is improving.

Can't wait to get the 5kg next week but I will probably be doing Kettlercise as I am only in the UK for two weeks. I can then come back and complete the KWX with 4kg weight.

Hello Peeps - well Ryan has just worked away the stresses of a busy day at work with Wk3 Advanced Resistance. That's me done until Sunday now. Used all of my bells for this session as it has some quite tricky arm upside grip ones in it. I love my little collection and it just goes to show what a good investment they were, as well as good value for money considering the amount of times I have used them all! :)

Sue I'm really intrigued by your comments about the advanced DVDs - I think I'll give them a stab after my current 'original' round is over!

daisybell18 said:
Core week 4 under my belt so now moving onto week 5. As usual dear Ryan through me a curved ball - this time in the form of side hip extensions. He must be joking as my hips won't even come off the floor. Did manage to do most of the side rowers for the first time today so something is improving.

Can't wait to get the 5kg next week but I will probably be doing Kettlercise as I am only in the UK for two weeks. I can then come back and complete the KWX with 4kg weight.

I found the side hip things impossible too, even without a bell! Sue's tip to snap to a strong core position (like in a front plank) helps a bit, but I still struggle and flail! Sounds like you're making great progress!

Hi Plum - go for it with the Advanced. Its definately a collection of two halves. Weeks 1-3 are great and then 4-6 are punishing - about to start wk4 - boo!

You will recognise many ones in there but some are altered slightly to be more challenging and there are totally new ones as well. Do you have them already?

Ooh Sue it sounds interesting! I might have to spin out weeks 1-3 a bit then. ;) Good luck with week 4!

I do have them waiting in the cupboard, had no qualms about buying them after being kept motivated for so long by the original set! :)

Nice one, Plum. Best investment I have ever made!

Have had a bit of a crap 4 weeks with diet as was on holidays, away planning my wedding and then had my mum over to visit. Managed to maintain the first four weeks, then gained 3lbs last week.

Finished last round a few weeks ago and did a couple of 10 min sessions, but that's pretty much been it. Finally got round to starting advanced wk1 cardio and boy do I feel good! I'm out of my funk and slimming head is back on with a vengeance!

Gotta love the kettleworx!

Actually, just remembered never posted cms lost, but was quite good, will post over next few days!

Well done getting back to it ailly, your head's clearly in the right place so I'm sure those 3 lb and more will disappear quickly!

How exciting planning your wedding on holiday, are you getting married abroad?

Morning Peeps - just about recovered from Wk4 Advanced Cardio. Probably has the most Cardio moves in it of all the Cardio sessions, if you know what I mean. I was praying to get on the mat! Pause was on overtime as I was sweating that much and had to keep stopping to wipe my hands and the bell. A sweaty bell is a dangerous bell - too slippy (and I appreciate that sounds pervy but you know what I mean :D)!

Ailiy - a 3lb gain is nothing. You'll have that off in no time. :)

Plumfoodie said:
Well done getting back to it ailly, your head's clearly in the right place so I'm sure those 3 lb and more will disappear quickly!

How exciting planning your wedding on holiday, are you getting married abroad?

Yes and no, getting married in Ireland, but its home so not really... if you get my drift!

I think I really needed to have a gain, had been indulging in naughty stuff too frequently so needed a reality check to get me back on track!

Not looking forward to week 4 cardio now, thanks sue! Ah well it'll only make us stronger and slimmer!

Hi Folks, been off wagon (again!) for 3 weeks but back now. Been reading your posts and getting motivated -well done on the good work everyone :)

1st class today after 2 weeks off - shoulder was not feeling good!.. So decided not to go .. Should have gone my shoulder feels better after 60mins kettlercise this morning than it has done for the last 2 weeks! A few clicks and a clunk and my shoulder is sitting in a better place.. Legs are feeling bit tight tonight but in a good way :)

On a funny note buying swimsuits.. Tried on an 18.. It fitted but my bum was 2 small, same prob with the 16, and the 14 is almost ok so I recon my bum is a size 12... My shoulders are a 14, my waist a 14/16 and my tummy area a 18.. Solution as I have horrid thighs a pair of lycra shorts over my swim tanktini suit - as the size 12 fits my bum but is way to tight everywhere else lol

Morning All - hi Trimlee - welcome back :)

Mis-behave - glad your shoulder is starting to come right. The clicking can be very off-putting but sounds like you might have popped everything back where it needs to be! :) Loving your swimsuit difficulty description. I've noticed that Tesco are now selling their tankinis and bikinis separately so you can buy whatever size you need. Although it looks like you're sorted for the time being.

Just done Wk4 Advanced Core. Phew - what kind of sadist puts the knee raise picking a coconut from a tree thing into Core! 3 sets of it. Gah - so simple but so tiring. This is one you can really focus on for whatever goal you want to achieve - trills Ryan. My focus has gone completely by the 3rd set and its all I can do to stand up straight! Still no pain no gain, eh! :)

Back