Secret to shaping up

Thug! I love it. Go Daisy. xxx

:wavey:Hi Donzy - glad to see some of us are still at it!

Hi all, remember me? I'm still here too, quietly swinging away :) still on the VLCD so taking it a bit slower than some of you :) did some freestyle swinging on Sunday and feeling the burn today much more than yesterday!!! If the muscles feel upto it I'll get in a wee session tomorrow! Keep at it everyone.

You can't keep a good swinger down - (oh er)! :)

Thug and I got to know each other a bit better earlier today although I did insist he sat out for some of my moves with Ryan. Managed about 80% of WK1 resistance but reverted to 4kg for the one arm floor lifts. Couldn't get Thug off the ground! I am anticipating major DOMS as my muscles are burning. Upper arm, back and backs of thighs. No pain, no gain as they say. How long do you think it will take me to get used to my new friend?

I'm still here too!

Well done everyone.

Sue, size 12 -ooh I say! Great motivator having a pair of jeans to aim to fit into; I'm going to do the same with a pair of 14s (I can get them on but bursting, muffin-topping & zip sliding down -complete no-no for now :( !)

Daisy "Thug" 8kg bell - you go girl! If you are on week 1 join me on the 'Ready, Steady, Swing' thread

Donzy -Advanced Kettleworx - sounds good, I'll brave it some day!

Sliminthecity -Kettleworx on a VLCD: you mean business! I'm sure the pounds are dropping fast. Modify accordingly though so as not to cause injuries.

I'm here too, reading and doing 1 class a week., have lost more of my range of swinging motion in my right arm/ shoulder and then I'm out of action for at least 6-8 mths after my op on my shoulder end of Aug - altho may take my wee 5lb bell on holiday just to keep the strength in my shoulder good.. After I'm given the go ahead to start swinging again "I will be back"!! :)

I am still here too but only by the skin of my teeth as i've been a bit rubbish (again) and not doing as much exercise as I should but since last wednesday ive done every other niight of Fast abs ;o) and been walking 2 miles a day weather permitting! I've also moved to the otherside and joined Slimming World as am on week 3 this week as so far so goody!

Nice to see some familiar faces still here and of course any new one's x

Hi Sue and everyone not been on here since before Xmas but my oh mum was very ill and she then passed away from cancer.Have had a few personal prpbs as well but I am going to start back on the bells next wk as at moment my house u can't move in it.We are planning to move back to Ireland next Easter and have started to move things out of cupboards and every room is full to bursting.Oh well any wonder I have so much stuff been in London 32years.Cant wait to start ut dreading that wk 1 core which I will do first.Sue any news from Kron hope she is ok.

Welcome back Maggie, so sorry to hear that your Mum passed away. May The Lord comfort you and your family.
Re: moving house - all that lifting & packing might give you extra workouts!
Meanwhile Ryan has not changed so your Kettleworx should be quite interesting to get back into! :)

Hi Maggie - welcome back and so sorry to hear of your loss.

Glad you're getting back into it and Trimlee's right - Ryan still wants to pat us on the back and have us all wearing our skinny jeans! :)

Sadly no news from Kron at all despite a few folk sending her PMs. I don't know what to think but hoping all is well. xx

Sue and Trimlee ,Thank you so much for your kind words it was my partners mum but I suffer badly from depression @ times so wasn't feeling on top of the world but feel much better and so glad that you are all doing so well hope I can do as well.Its very worrying that Kron has not been on Hope she is ok as she really was such an inspiration to everyone.Thank you both once again.

Well I am well and truly into the 8kg weight. Still enjoying it, sort of, but it is really so much harder. I was trying to figure out if it was harder going up 4kg or starting at 4kg. I think it was harder starting as I didn't know what I was doing and it was a huge shock to my muscles.

Should I be thinking about kettleworx advanced or do the 6 week programme again? Are the exercises harder? What do folks think?

Hi! Shamefacedly waves*
I've been AWOL and not swinging, having a new kitchen fitted and everything was getting on top of me. Plus I've not had my B12 injection and its very very late and I'm barely able to summon the breath to talk!
Anyway from next week Son and I are going 100% on SW and exercise! He's going to do KW too (when in not there).

Good luck everyone! Wish I hadn't deleted the PM with Krons address!!!!

Well I am well and truly into the 8kg weight. Still enjoying it, sort of, but it is really so much harder. I was trying to figure out if it was harder going up 4kg or starting at 4kg. I think it was harder starting as I didn't know what I was doing and it was a huge shock to my muscles.

Should I be thinking about kettleworx advanced or do the 6 week programme again? Are the exercises harder? What do folks think?

Hi Daisy - I wouldn't say the advanced exercises are necessarily harder - although there are some challenging weird ones in there - but I would say that the pace is much quicker - especially from week 4. It also assumes a general level of competence for the exercises you are already familiar with.

Why don't you get them and give it a go. At some point you will be ready to move up so there would be no harm done in getting them. I think there was a lady on here who actually started with the advanced as someone lent her dvd copies and she didn't realise they were the advanced ones - so it can be done!

Hi! Shamefacedly waves*
I've been AWOL and not swinging, having a new kitchen fitted and everything was getting on top of me. Plus I've not had my B12 injection and its very very late and I'm barely able to summon the breath to talk!
Anyway from next week Son and I are going 100% on SW and exercise! He's going to do KW too (when in not there).

Good luck everyone! Wish I hadn't deleted the PM with Krons address!!!!

Morning - sounds busy! Well you're back now and raring to go. Will be interesting to see what your son makes of Ryan and his skinny jeans obsession! :)

Yeah I wish you hadn't deleted Kron's address either!! Bummer. I seem to remember she was in Essex/Sussex somewhere?

Cat Lover Sue said:
Morning - sounds busy! Well you're back now and raring to go. Will be interesting to see what your son makes of Ryan and his skinny jeans obsession! :)

Yeah I wish you hadn't deleted Kron's address either!! Bummer. I seem to remember she was in Essex/Sussex somewhere?

I found Kron on another forum for kettlebells but she dropped off in February this year. Seems strange.

I am now on Week three of KWX with the 8 kg weight. I find it hard going but my butt is disappearing fast so it must be worth it. Think it will take more than 6 weeks to get used to heavier bell. Let's see

Yep Kron was last on here in March. I just hope she's ok as I owe her so much for encouraging me with the bells.

Back