Seeing your weight loss

Sasbot

I managed to loose a stone and a bit on my own but couldn't see it in myself at all so got very down heartened. Everyone says they can see it but not me.

I've joined sw so I have the support I need but was wondering how long it took others before they noticed it in themselves. Was there anything you did to make sure you could see it? Like a photo diary or something?

Just don't want to fall into that little pit of depression again as it's filled with syns!!! :D

Hey sasbot! I have only lost about 9lbs so far and can notice already, because it always comes off my face first! (always first to go on there too). Have u maybe considered taking photos of yourself so when u have days when you feel discouraged u can look and see how far u have come? Even just on your smart phone if you have one and you don't have to show anybody else. Or you could maybe even measure yourself with a tape measure once a month? Even if u can't see it you will know that you are getting smaller as the inches go down. Don't give up :) I think it takes a while for your head to catch up with your body anyway. Good luck!x

I think what Henri suggests is a really great idea. If you cannot see it in the mirror you will see it on the measuring tape for sure! Also, trying something on you know was just that bit too tight before and finding it fits just right now, or is even beginning to feel loose. It really does help to boost your confidence. Good luck :)

hey there, I have lost 20lbs and I can see a difference around my chin and that's it. Although I don't feel any different, my trousers are all getting quite big and I have fit in some jeans that are a smaller size but it depends where I shop. I am keeping a pair of jeans which used to be my absolute favourite but I can't wear them any more as they are so big and they look ridiculous, I am going to keep them as my 'big' reminder of how far I have come.
Loads of people who don't know that I am on SW have asked me if I've lost weight so that gives me a boost as I am convinced that my close friends just say it to make me feel better lol x

You should definitely take some photos. Personally I can't see the difference I've lost unless I look at photos, but I have lost weight very slowly so it's gradual. But I notice clothes getting a lot looser and fitting into old smaller trousers is great. Take a good full length photo of yourself in a slim top and some leggings or something then do it again every half stone and you will see the difference, it may be small (as you may be losing internal fat first) but you'll see it and it does spur you on!

I really properly noticed it in myself from when I got from 16 stone down to in the 14s (just over a stone I guess).

Good luck with your journey!

Oh wow those are really good ideas thank you! Now to find a tape measure :D My boyfriend has taken it upon himself to snap pics of me getting changed which he claims will help- some how I think they are more for him than me :p

I had my second weigh in last night and I lost 3 and a half pounds and got slimmer of the week. Thats 5 and a half in two weeks. I've done nothing but eat too, it's brilliant!

Thanks for all your ideas :D xx

Photo's that's the way to see it, here's some I made earlier :)

Well done sasbot :) that is amazing!! U will be at goal in no time!! xx

Thanks! I was completely shocked. Thought I would have put weight on as I did have a few too many pints! Saying that I did keep an eye on my grub so that might be the main factor. No booze this week though :p

I definitely agree with taking regular photos of yourself. I still can't see a difference in myself when I look in the mirror - to me I look the same as I always did. But I guess that's because I see myself every day. What I have done throughout my journey is take pictures every month (sometimes even every couple of weeks) and have popped them in chronological order in an old photo album I had. Sometimes if I'm lacking in motivation I will get it out and have a quick flick through - it really helps me to see how far I have come.

Oh wow those are really good ideas thank you! Now to find a tape measure :D My boyfriend has taken it upon himself to snap pics of me getting changed which he claims will help- some how I think they are more for him than me :p

I had my second weigh in last night and I lost 3 and a half pounds and got slimmer of the week. Thats 5 and a half in two weeks. I've done nothing but eat too, it's brilliant!

Thanks for all your ideas :D xx

Cheeky bf lol I was getting my hubby to take a pic of my bingo wings last night as am doing a bingo wings challenge and he thought I needed to completely take my top off!

It always comes down to taking clothes off with men doesn't it?

I had a vest top on last night and asked Tim to check my tan line. He claimed he couldn't do it with the top on as moving the strap a little to the left wouldn't give 'an accurate depiction' of the line :p

I think I'm going to set up a photo diary on my gmail account Stevie as most of the time when I get down I'm sat at my desk in work. Having access to them whenever I want would really help :)

I definitely agree with taking regular photos of yourself. I still can't see a difference in myself when I look in the mirror - to me I look the same as I always did. But I guess that's because I see myself every day. What I have done throughout my journey is take pictures every month (sometimes even every couple of weeks) and have popped them in chronological order in an old photo album I had. Sometimes if I'm lacking in motivation I will get it out and have a quick flick through - it really helps me to see how far I have come.

OMG! I love love love this idea! I've got a spare photo album kicking about. Now gonna be my slimming world journey album. Monthly photo & might even start popping in a wee update for the month (total loss, any awards received, SOTW/SOTM etc) what a great idea. thankies!

Also getting my BF to take my measurements tonight

I'm a visual person so this will def help me. dunno why I didn't think of it before lol. Thanks!

Theres a woman I know who weighs more than me. She announced to my fitness class a few weeks ago (the day before i decided t join SW!!) that she had got into size 14 jeans. I always saw her as bigger than me so the news really upset me. I'm still kind of hurt about it tbh as in my head I'm now a big blob of a person next to her. Doesn't help that I'm a good couple of inches taller than her too!

I found this article trying to find out what the average weight of a size 14 and 12 are. I had a paddy at the weekend because all my size 16 jeans keep falling down, but the 14s in store where just too tight. I was so upset I ended up crying at my very confused boyfriend.

We've recently booked a holiday to Egypt in September so I've been trying to sort a weight loss goal for it. I've seen an amazing swim suit I want to wear but the biggest they do it is a 14. It would be really flattering to my shape (think 50's pin up whos let herself go and you've got me lol) and I think Tim would drool which is always nice :) I came across this article which has made me realise I'm being hard on myself. Thought I'd share;

The average weight of a British woman, but as these five show it comes in many shapes | Mail Online

Its best not to compare ourselves to others though we do. I had a woman at work who is a similar weight to me give me some clothes that are too small for her!! Which smarted a bit but I don't think she meant it nastily.
Have you got a pic of the swimsuit? Sounds like a great goal x
Theres a woman I know who weighs more than me. She announced to my fitness class a few weeks ago (the day before i decided t join SW!!) that she had got into size 14 jeans. I always saw her as bigger than me so the news really upset me. I'm still kind of hurt about it tbh as in my head I'm now a big blob of a person next to her. Doesn't help that I'm a good couple of inches taller than her too!

I found this article trying to find out what the average weight of a size 14 and 12 are. I had a paddy at the weekend because all my size 16 jeans keep falling down, but the 14s in store where just too tight. I was so upset I ended up crying at my very confused boyfriend.

We've recently booked a holiday to Egypt in September so I've been trying to sort a weight loss goal for it. I've seen an amazing swim suit I want to wear but the biggest they do it is a 14. It would be really flattering to my shape (think 50's pin up whos let herself go and you've got me lol) and I think Tim would drool which is always nice :) I came across this article which has made me realise I'm being hard on myself. Thought I'd share;

The average weight of a British woman, but as these five show it comes in many shapes | Mail Online

Banned Anchor Swimsuit - Banned

It covers my coverables which I like :p Might have to order it next payday :)

I think I compare myself to others because I'm trying to see what they wear rather than worry about my size tbh. I'm quite terrible at shopping (makes me panic so much) so like being able to just find what others wear :p It's probably cheating lol

Back