SeeLuLu's 8 Week stint

Today is going well so far. I have cooked my usual roast chicken for the family with me having the chicken and some lovely vegetables. I have finally cracked the swede chips - I cut them nice and thickly, boiled them for about 10 mins then popped them in the oven with some fry light. They crisped up really nicely and were lovely and soft inside. I actually, genuinely prefer them to roast potatoes! I think changes like that I will carry on with when I reintroduce food! I haven't had a pack yet - think I better have one soon. I definitely find that I have a tendency to leave eating for as long as possible in the day. I know you shouldn't have packs too close together but this has got me thinking through my long term plans for ongoing loss and eventually maintenance when I have done these 8 weeks. I seem to be able to manage food intake better if I leave eating for as much of the day as possible. It's like starting to eat triggers something off for me. I wonder whether I need to work with this natural tendency as I seek to maintain. I know all the advice is to eat breakfast blah blah blah - but let's face it, national advice on healthy eating hasn't really worked has it, given that increasing numbers of us are experiencing weight gain? The medium term plan is when I have completed 8 weeks on this, to continue with 4:3 for a while - I think I need to set myself another time goal but can't decide what at the moment! I am then planning to see the rest of the year out on 5:2 with a view to doing another 8 weeks on a vlcd in January 2015. I feel really, really focused on the time aspect - I find having a goal weight in mind so distracting as I'm always wondering 'how long will that take me'? off to have a shake now, I think.

Wow tht sounds like a very gd plan hun :) and im bit like u too as in tht i tend to leave packs til later on in the day and tend to double them up so dnt stand a chance of feelin hungry too quickly :) well done hun xx

Oh blimey, I have had a very tough 24 hours. Yesterday was all going fine until.... my husband said he'd noticed my breath was a bit honky and bought me some sugar free gum. I had a chew without thinking anything of it. Bam. Straight out of ketosis for me. The hunger pangs kicked in so quickly - the rest of the day was a nightmare. I didn't eat anything off-plan but it felt like day 1 or 2 all over again. A bit grim if I'm honest!

I woke up this morning with a pound gain of water weight gain and had a pounding headache this morning. Awful day. Really tough.

I'm clearly one of those that 'sugar free' sweeteners and so on still affect my carb levels. Am not going to repeat that again. Just starting to feel normal again now.

Aw hope you start to feel better soon x

here to subscribe & support x Well done on your loss so far that's fantastic :) I use the Listerine breath sticks I had to order them off Amazon tho they melt in your mouth x

Thanks everyone.

Much better day today - no awful hunger to deal with, thankfully.

Food today:
chilli pack and fine beans at lunch
shake at 4pm
cheesy pasta pack with courgette, mushrooms and slim noodles at 7pm

I'll finish off with a shake before bed.

I have also had a go at a '7 minute workout' using a free app on my iPad. It's really good - focuses on some strength exercises and some short bursts of cardio. It's great to do while on a vlcd, I think as it's not so intense to make it impossible to do on such a low calorie intake, but enough to keep things going a bit. I've read that it's important to try and do some strength exercises on a vlcd to try and prevent loss of muscle.

How many days have I done now? I'm losing count! I think I've done 20 days. So that's 36 to go.

WI tomorrow morning! Fingers crossed.

Today:
lunch - cottage pie pack and green beans
shake
noodles, veg and spicy Spag pack
shake

I reckon I missed my water target though - really need to crack this!

Week 3 brings a 4lb loss. Pleased with that.

Today:
chilli con carne pack and green beans
chocolate shake
sausage, mushrooms, slim pasta

will finish off the day with a shake later.

22 days done - 34 to go! Can't believe 3 weeks have gone already.

Managed some good resistance at work today. Someone's birthday today and they brought in many cakes. It was ok though. It didn't feel too painful watching everyone else eat it!

Briliant 4lb loss, well done! 18lb in 3 weeks, amazing, which other diet would give you those results?!

And well done on resisting too, the more we resist, the easier it gets, weeeelll, that is the theory, anyway. Hope you're having a fab day! x

Thanks, Toni. I am pleased with 18lbs.

Resisting continues to to be challenging for me if I'm honest but I'm going to do this 8 weeks if it kills me! I know I can do alternate day fasting then quite comfortably. I've just got to keep doing it!

Hope your weekend is going well too. I can't believe how cold it is. I know feeling cold is part of a vlcd but I am incredibly cold at the moment. Brrr.

Woop woop well done u go girl thts an amazin loss and ima soo jel cz iv nt done the stone as yet lool got this last week to try b mke it to the stone lool...

And yh im lukin to get the 7 min app bt wt i dnt get is hw can u see it wen ur wrkin out on the fone tis tinyy lmaoo..

Ur packs sound luvly hehe hmm iv nt had a cheesy pasta pack in sumtime mite have one tmo hehe with tuna mixed in it b mushrooms and cauli rice hmm yum yum hehe my last lifestyle day till weigh day n then goin out fridya woop woop so tht b my planned nite off xx

I've just placed my final Slim and save order for 2014! I'm on track to keep going until 26th February which is a day less than 8 weeks and is my son's birthday, so I felt that was a good time to aim for.

I didn't need to place a very big order as I ordered the biggest value pack I could when I started, so I just needed to do a top up order of shakes as I've for plenty of meal packs to see me through. I have actually dared to order myself some bars too. I'm really hoping this isn't a big mistake! I've ordered one per day, so my last month's plan should consist of a meal pack, a shake, a bar and a protein meal.

After today, I've just got 30 days to go - nearly there!

Today's roast chicken is in the oven and I think I may just mooch about today. It's wet and horrible outside and we took the boys out for a zoo trip yesterday afternoon and they ran off loads of steam, so I think they are quite up for a day chilling out too.

I've just placed my final Slim and save order for 2014! I'm on track to keep going until 26th February which is a day less than 8 weeks and is my son's birthday, so I felt that was a good time to aim for. I didn't need to place a very big order as I ordered the biggest value pack I could when I started, so I just needed to do a top up order of shakes as I've for plenty of meal packs to see me through. I have actually dared to order myself some bars too. I'm really hoping this isn't a big mistake! I've ordered one per day, so my last month's plan should consist of a meal pack, a shake, a bar and a protein meal. After today, I've just got 30 days to go - nearly there! Today's roast chicken is in the oven and I think I may just mooch about today. It's wet and horrible outside and we took the boys out for a zoo trip yesterday afternoon and they ran off loads of steam, so I think they are quite up for a day chilling out too.

Aww. Yaay ur nearly done at the end of ur journey hun :) yaaay...seriously for the nx few days i have tot ry n get three litres n half dwn me iv been doin terribly these past two or thre days withwater onli been managin two litres whcih is rubbish....scardd to do weigh in four lol as 2 n 3 werent brilll for mw lool prayin for a big wooosh this thurs xx

Back