seriously considering slim and save - opinions and experiences please!

sounds like a good plan! How come you decided to switch from atkins? i have to say, i was jealous of all the food you got to eat when you switched, if i were doing aktins, id just have everything with full fat mayo! tooo delicious.

sounds like a good plan! How come you decided to switch from atkins? i have to say, i was jealous of all the food you got to eat when you switched, if i were doing aktins, id just have everything with full fat mayo! tooo delicious.

the main reason is because im wierd....haha!!! no basically i LOVE atkins food like literally love it but when someone (i,e me!) says i cant have all this type of food .... BUT no carbs.....i was waking up wanting iced buns and cream cakes .......... i dont even like cakes!! so stupid!! basically inside im a stroppy teenager or a two year old and as soon as i say i cant have something....i want that something!!! even if its something i've never eaten lol!!!! so i decided right i can have whatever i want but limit my calories........hey presto i didnt want crisps or chocolate.....i wanted fruit!!! and salads and yoghurts lol!!! madness!! so yer basically now just eating sensibly and not throwing strops at myself lol xxxx

i know exacccctly what you mean with the stropping at yourself. sometimes it feels like and my brain are two different people - the other day i was tired and my bad brain was thinking 'hmmm, wouldnt a pizza be lovely' and my other brain was going 'hmm, but i dont actually WANT a pizza' and then i was sitting there trying to work myself up to feeling like a pizza.

just why?? im trying to convince myself to cheat?? mental. (didnt have the pizza though).

still, we'll defo be skinny for summer! im having next weeknd off for valentines day, hoping to be 11 st 7 by then, so no cheating!

i know exacccctly what you mean with the stropping at yourself. sometimes it feels like and my brain are two different people - the other day i was tired and my bad brain was thinking 'hmmm, wouldnt a pizza be lovely' and my other brain was going 'hmm, but i dont actually WANT a pizza' and then i was sitting there trying to work myself up to feeling like a pizza.

just why?? im trying to convince myself to cheat?? mental. (didnt have the pizza though).

still, we'll defo be skinny for summer! im having next weeknd off for valentines day, hoping to be 11 st 7 by then, so no cheating!

i know its mad!! literally become like a stroppy child that wants to throw themselves on the floor and cry! but the person telling me no....is me!!! lol!!! glad im not the only one!! and well done for not having the pizza!!!

oooo that will be lovely!! what have you got planned?!

Yesssss we most definitly will be skinny for summer and our main dilemma will be which swimsuits to buy for holiday.........so which cover ups to buy!!!! :D eeekkkkk i feel slimmer already today just for eating well!! no junk passed my lips today!!! :D xxx

we are off to bath for the weekend, so the saturday will be spent in bristol having lazy pub lunch with his friends, then off to check into the lovely little b&b before heading off for some thai food thats won some wards and then his uncles party the next day. really excited for it! have you got anything planned for it?

well done for not giving into junk! its SO unfair that it tastes so good :(

im at work today and im coughing all over the place, we had a 97 year old patient come in and i was hoping my germs wouldnt end up killing her! feeling rather peckish atm, but cant have my shake and cup of tea until all the patients are finished, boooo :(

ps. hope you dont mind, but i cheekily added you on fb (well, i think i did. did it on my phone, so ive no idea if it actually worked!)

we are off to bath for the weekend, so the saturday will be spent in bristol having lazy pub lunch with his friends, then off to check into the lovely little b&b before heading off for some thai food thats won some wards and then his uncles party the next day. really excited for it! have you got anything planned for it?

well done for not giving into junk! its SO unfair that it tastes so good :(

im at work today and im coughing all over the place, we had a 97 year old patient come in and i was hoping my germs wouldnt end up killing her! feeling rather peckish atm, but cant have my shake and cup of tea until all the patients are finished, boooo :(

ps. hope you dont mind, but i cheekily added you on fb (well, i think i did. did it on my phone, so ive no idea if it actually worked!)

ooooo im jealous!!!! that sounds lovely!!!! i hope you enjoy and have some much needed relaxation!!!!

i know Junk food is sooooo unfair that it taste so blooming nice!!!!! im going for feeling nice not tasting nice.....me feeling nice.....not the food! thats wierd hahaha!!! i.e me not feeling sluggish and bloated after the food! lol

oooo patience?! what job do u do?! aw bless lol!!! hope you get them finished asap so u can have ur shake!!!!

oooo no of course not!!! have accepted you !!! nice to put a face to a name :) .... and a name to a screen name hehe xxxx

yeah its defo all about feeling better, since i started s&s ive stoped feeling bloated, stopped being stroppy when hungry and my heartburn has all gone!

i work in an eye clinic at a hospital. was only supposed to be a part time thing whilst paying for my Masters degree. then met my OH here, and ive stayed on just cos its so easy, 10 mins from my house and my OH is now my boss! should start looking for a graduate job but now im faffing about and wondering whether to do a PhD instead :hmm:

gah, i hate phone FB, cant actually look at yours properly. stupid blackberry.

yeah its defo all about feeling better, since i started s&s ive stoped feeling bloated, stopped being stroppy when hungry and my heartburn has all gone!

i work in an eye clinic at a hospital. was only supposed to be a part time thing whilst paying for my Masters degree. then met my OH here, and ive stayed on just cos its so easy, 10 mins from my house and my OH is now my boss! should start looking for a graduate job but now im faffing about and wondering whether to do a PhD instead :hmm:

gah, i hate phone FB, cant actually look at yours properly. stupid blackberry.

ooooo yes me too!!! its great isnt it!!! i no longer get that "food baby" lol!!!

ooooo get you! miss smarty pants hehe!! oooo you would soooo tell me off!!! im rubbish with my eyes and my contact lenses ! *smacks hand* and i know i am lol!!!! but i never learn!!!

sounds like a lovely set up!! my mum is my boss lol!! although doesnt feel like we are family at work - just get on with work :)

oooo its not very exciting haha! just lots of puppy pics!!! had a nosey though your piccies!!! gorgeous girly!!! xxxx

you are looking rather gorge yourself lady ;), and your puppy is so cute! (and thats coming from someone who is not a lover of dogs)
notice how all my fb pictures are from over a year ago, have been avoiding all picture evidence of my weight gain for ages now! seems so silly to go out and be scared of people taking my picture.

i just put in a big order for s&s stuff, should last me a good month or so, but just realised i forgot to order oatmeal!! arghghgh. how is your day going? i saw you had a dilema over chinese food yesterday?

you are looking rather gorge yourself lady ;), and your puppy is so cute! (and thats coming from someone who is not a lover of dogs)
notice how all my fb pictures are from over a year ago, have been avoiding all picture evidence of my weight gain for ages now! seems so silly to go out and be scared of people taking my picture.

i just put in a big order for s&s stuff, should last me a good month or so, but just realised i forgot to order oatmeal!! arghghgh. how is your day going? i saw you had a dilema over chinese food yesterday?

aw thank you - he is a lovely pup!! like a little baby lol!!! he loves a cuddle! bless him!

yes same!!! i avoided pics at all costs when i felt huge!!!

o noooooo!!! i hate it when that happens! maybe call them - they are usualy good at changes orders so you dont have to pay postage twice!!

ahhh yes! bloody chinese food!! well i went..........me and OH had a MASSIVE row beforehand, was late to restaurant and they had ordered already so only crap choices available so i ate it - felt rubbish and rubbish this morning but when i weighed in i was 1lb down!!!!! thank god!!! otherwise if i had sts or gained i soooo would have binged today!! then came home form restaurant me and OH didnt speak a word!! went to bed .... we have NEVER gone to bed and slept on an argument ! i always insist we sort it out there and then but i just couldnt be bothered at all!!! but we made up this morning and both agreed it was a stupid argument that escalated!! lol!! so all good now!!!

How are you? what have you got planned for this weekend? xx

i was going to call them, but im at work and we're only separated by curtains, so i didnt want the whole clinic overhearing my convo! so far no one knows im doing this diet, plus my order has been very speedily dispatched already. its not too bad though, just got an email about a new curry chicken noodle soup which i defo want to try and ive ordered some experimental wafers, so if i like them, i'll do another order next week with the oatmeal added.

speaking of bloody chinese food, my cousins have been going on about us doing somethin this weekend for chinese new year, so to damage limit, ive suggested they come over tomorrow eve for chinese takeaway and film night - that way i can cook my own zero noodles with prawns and some sauce and not feel too left out. they're veggie anyway, so i dont think i'll be too tempted by thier orders.

glad you made up with the OH though :)

think thats the only thing i have planned though, the rest of the time will be catching up on sleep and re-writing my colleague's dissertation. hes a qualified optom doing a masters degree in optometry and im writing it despite having zero medical training. god knows how it will turn out!

what about you?

i was going to call them, but im at work and we're only separated by curtains, so i didnt want the whole clinic overhearing my convo! so far no one knows im doing this diet, plus my order has been very speedily dispatched already. its not too bad though, just got an email about a new curry chicken noodle soup which i defo want to try and ive ordered some experimental wafers, so if i like them, i'll do another order next week with the oatmeal added.

speaking of bloody chinese food, my cousins have been going on about us doing somethin this weekend for chinese new year, so to damage limit, ive suggested they come over tomorrow eve for chinese takeaway and film night - that way i can cook my own zero noodles with prawns and some sauce and not feel too left out. they're veggie anyway, so i dont think i'll be too tempted by thier orders.

glad you made up with the OH though :)

think thats the only thing i have planned though, the rest of the time will be catching up on sleep and re-writing my colleague's dissertation. hes a qualified optom doing a masters degree in optometry and im writing it despite having zero medical training. god knows how it will turn out!

what about you?

Oooo hahah good idea!! Would have raised a few questions lol!! Ahhh that's good at least u can order next week!!

Haha veggie Chinese .... Hmm seen as my fab is crispy shredded beef I think id pass too!!! Ur prawn noodles sound nicer hehe!! Enjoy

Ur mad lol! Doing some work when u don't have to!! But very very kind!! If he gets good marks then he must know he owes u a million favours!!!! Lol

Erm tonight oh fam over to watch crystal palace ..... They are shouting already .... Me and puppy have set up camp in the spare room with the twilight box set!!! Then Tomo meeting up with my mum and her puppy to take them on a walk and have puppy playtime! Then off to my dads for dinner ... Sunday gym (hopefully if I'm not lazy!!!) and then be lazy the rest of the day haha!!!

Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

not to self - must STOP faffing.

had a lovely 4 days off for valentines day, but 12 hour working days far away from home has meant my diet has gone to pot over this last week! not gained anything, just been stuck stuck stuck! hoping tomorrow can be a proper start because for once, i wont be running around like a mad person and will have time to have my shake and deal with the keto/hunger over the weekend too. then hopefully i'll be all set for more running around like an idiot next week too.

the things i do for the OH's bonus. im only supposed to be on a 3 day contract at the clinic 10 mins from home and im now doing 5 12 hour days and commuting 2 hours in the car every day!

sooo, good 100% day yesterday and a good start to today.

still having the problem of seeing 11st 12 on the scales every day (been stuck there for about a month!), but considering in the last week and bait i have eaten (i will write it in white incase it tempts people!):

13th - pasta in prezzo, desert and wine.
14th - indian takeaway + entire sharing bag of walkers sensations, jaffa cakes and wine
15th - sausage and baked bean pie with two types of pastry!!!
16th - pub lunch (sausage sandwich + chips) then thai restaurant + copious wine and cocktails.
17th - calamari + pizza + most of a bottle of white wine then leftover sausage and bean pie when i finally got home.

this week has largely featured baguettes, crisps and choc for lunch with naughty dinners and wine too.

just goes to show how much i must have been consuming to GAIN weight before if im eating all of this and maintaining. puts my terrible eating habits into perspective.

anyway, got to focus on my possible holiday with the OH and his parents in may, so now time for faffing. i need to lose another 2st 5lbs in 2 1/2 months, so the race is on!

so far today i have had a giant green tea, will have oatmeal and mushroom soup later. cant decide between zero noodles and prawns for dinner, or scallops in a spicy red pepper sauce with broccoli and spinach. then a strawberry wafer and tea as a 'treat' during mr selfridge.

oh also, got my new s&s delivery yesterday and it seems they made a mistake. i ordered the new muesli and nougat bars, but they gave me all muesli instead. bit of a shame, but not the end of the world.

another good day today :)

i find im craving mac and cheese but im being frugal with my packs until they can sort out the pasta issue! was delicious baked with tuna and swede chips the other night.

had scallops with red pepper sauce and broccoli today, but stupidly didnt wash the scallops and got a few yukky bits of sand which ruined it! was craving a strawberry wafer (only bought as weekend treats) but i decided to indulge myself with that and a cup of tea before bed.

realised i have lost 10% of my body weight now (supposedly the point here you start to feel health benefits) and i do feel better! no more breathlessness and huffing and puffing. last time i went for my pill check, my blood pressure was borderline high and the nurse wanted me to come back for a recheck - which i never did. just put in my repeat prescription and expected them to call me back for a recheck before they issued it, but they didnt. i was slightly disappointed because i did want to see if it has improved. plus it would make a lovely change for the nurse to say ive lost weight instead of telling me ive gained AGAIN.

next mini goal is to get into single digits in the 11s. just 2 1/2 lbs to go!

hello lovely lady!!!

How are you?

well done - you sound like your doing brilliant!!! single digits in the 11's only 2 1/2lbs to go!!! AMAZING!!!!!!

AND 10% of your body weight gone!!! you are doing fab hun!!! seriously pleased for you!!!

xxxxx

hey my lovely, good to see you around here again! how are things going with you? Havant seen much of your posts and i miss them!

and thank you for the kind words! just focussing on the single digits atm, cant bloody wait to see the 10s (fingers crossed in a few weeks) :)

um-ing and ah-ing over my dinner tonight, and for the first time ever, im going to do a 4 pack day, so dinner will just be broccoli and mushroom pasta and i'll have a hot choc shake before bed.

was supposed to be going to a friends bday dinner on saturday, but work is MENTAL atm and normally i wouldnt care, but now the OH is in charge, all the stress goes to him. so im probably going to agree to work in another clinic this sat to help out and defo wont get back in time for the dinner (was dim sum and cocktails, so i was planning to stick to seafood steamed dumplings). in a way, im glad to escape the food and drink and may offer to see her for coffee and buy her a little cake on the sunday instead. its also good cos my dad has booked a surprise meal for my mum for next weekend and i defo cant get out of that and would like to avoid eating out twice in 7 days.

just had a lovely cup of tea and praline bar, now just finding the energy to wash my hair.

hey my lovely, good to see you around here again! how are things going with you? Havant seen much of your posts and i miss them!

and thank you for the kind words! just focussing on the single digits atm, cant bloody wait to see the 10s (fingers crossed in a few weeks) :)

um-ing and ah-ing over my dinner tonight, and for the first time ever, im going to do a 4 pack day, so dinner will just be broccoli and mushroom pasta and i'll have a hot choc shake before bed.

was supposed to be going to a friends bday dinner on saturday, but work is MENTAL atm and normally i wouldnt care, but now the OH is in charge, all the stress goes to him. so im probably going to agree to work in another clinic this sat to help out and defo wont get back in time for the dinner (was dim sum and cocktails, so i was planning to stick to seafood steamed dumplings). in a way, im glad to escape the food and drink and may offer to see her for coffee and buy her a little cake on the sunday instead. its also good cos my dad has booked a surprise meal for my mum for next weekend and i defo cant get out of that and would like to avoid eating out twice in 7 days.

just had a lovely cup of tea and praline bar, now just finding the energy to wash my hair.

O I know the feeling about stress at work!!! Grrr had a very stressful day ... Week .... Month .... Year so far?! Lol it's all blurred into one I think!!!! But hey ho we will live wont we!!!

Ooo that kind of sounds like a lucky escape on the eating out front Hun!! And a coffee sounds like a good idea because then your making the effort but without breaking your diet :)!!

I'm really good thank you! I've discovered Paul McKenna and I'm obsessed will copy and paste a post from my diary from today explains more :) xxxxxx

Post from my diary today :

Hello All

Day going ok work wise.....slow though! boo

Anyway im really proud of myself....dont obviously want to speak too soon but my eating habits are changing already.... for lunch today i got some soup and had a third of the tub (about 200g)and i got a ciabatta roll to go with it and had it with extra light philli .... now normally i would scoff the soup .... scoff the roll without a thought but because im doing Paul's techniques of making sure you enjoy every mouthful and put knife and form down in between each mouthful so put my spoon down between each mouthful of soup....and took a bite of my roll....back down on the plate....enjoyed my mouthful....another bite and so on......half way through the roll was thinking ooo getting full....another two mouthfuls and i was like ok im done that was delish........threw the rest away! WHAT??! im ....me .... Emma throwing CARBS away?!?! because i feel satisfied....not stuffed like "normal" seriously its boosting my confidence hugely!! dont think i ever want to not have this book in my life!! i havent even started the audio yet!! i've got that excited feeling back! im excited about food again, im excited about me, im excited about weight loss but more so im excited to not be on a diet! honestly i feel so happy!!! Paul also does exercises to help you visualise you when your slim and at your idea weight.....it helps with confidence too and in a sense makes you start thinking as if your slim.....and that side has made me much less of a grump! i.e this morning when i was putting on my vitamin E oil and cocoa butter i did it and then just walked up to the mirror in my underwear and had a proper good look at the stretch marks.....now this is a girl who only last week....i was making sure i was over the otherside of the bedroom to get changed....out of sight of the mirror.....when i walked past the mirror i would never look....stretch marks....under clothes i could forget about them....out of clothes....well i just made sure i got back in clothes as quick as poss!! honestly this book is changing my life

i know i know i sound so wierd....like yer yer its been two days tell me this after two months bet you wont be thinking the same! but i just feel like im changing sort of mentally like with confidence and my own personal body issues etc etc

anyway i just wanted to ramble on! IM HAPPY!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

pleased to see things are going well for you! everyone keeps raving about these books, think i will defo buy a few when i get nearer to goal to help me not go mad with the re-feed!

seems work is busy busy for the both of us! my OH told my boss that he got him into trouble with me cos hes spending so much time working away atm. its all systems go and im doing a 6 day week this week! might be having my appraisal today and i havent filled in my forms yet - oops.

got a museli bar for lunch and the rest of my day is undecided. might do zero noodles and soy sauce chicken for dinner. got lots of baby corgettes in the fridge that need using too. was also looking at the menu for the place my dad has booked for mothers day, happy to report i will have the scallops of the day for starters and the baked seabass with garlic and herbs on a bed of wilted spinach for main (will ask them to remove the baby potatoes), so i may not be under cals, but the carb content will be nice and low (hopefully!) might go wild and have a vodka and diet coke too :party0049:

Back