Seriously thinking of switching to this, any thoughts??

joyous_one

Hi there all!

I just started this week on the excante diet but am seriously considering switching to Slim and Save as they seem to have more variety. Has anyone else done both? Would you recommend the change? Can you combine the 2 plans til you use up the old food packs (like on alternating days)??

Thanks so much!!

Ive done both, but my exante wasnt for very long as I didnt really like the products, so obv I prefer this!
the variety is good and you can choose exactly how many of each thing you want, there arent just big boxes to buy ready done.
im sure theres no harm in mixing alternate days. The s&s sachets are smaller and lower in calories etc so you probably counldnt mix them with exante ones in the same day or you'd end up with not enough or too much.

I spent 8 weeks on exante before switching 2 weeks ago. S&S tastes much better with many more options. Being able to choose exactly what you want is a definite bonus too. I'm really glad I switched and would totally recommend it :)

Thanks so much! That's very helpful! Great to know about the size difference and taste difference!!! There's definitely way more variety and I like you can mix your packs without paying extra!

I have done both, prefer Slim and Save as I like the four meals options, plus I often replace a pack with a protein meal. When I first moved over I had some Exante packs left so did alternate days on each plan until they were used up.

Thanks hollycat! Good to know! I ordered my sample pack today so should be able to start the switchover next week. Really looking forward to the new choices!!! :)

Good. Let us know your thoughts when you have tried it. Enjoy :)

Only one way to find out.

Personally I prefer exante.

Thanks hollycat! Good to know! I ordered my sample pack today so should be able to start the switchover next week. Really looking forward to the new choices!!! :)

Did you get your packs yet? I switched over last week as I prefer the consultancy of slim and save and don't really feel like I'm on a diet on this. I did alternate days this week to use up some exante and lost 4lbs still so not bad xx

Not yet Beautiful Bride. I'm hoping the packs I got on that famous auction site arrive tomorrow. The ones from the SS website should get here Tuesday. I soooo can't wait for them to arrive! I actually don't mind the Taste of the Exante but I'm looking forward to 4 meals rather than 3 :)

That's great you lost 4lbs doing both, great to know!!! Had my first weigh in today and dropped 6lbs 6, (I think, 3kgs anyway), and a few inches from my stomach so that's a good start.

Shall let you guys know once I've started the SS. :)

My sample pack arrived today! YAY! Unfortunately it arrived after breakfast but my other pack had arrived, so I was able to have the raspberry shake for breakfast - I wasn't too thrilled by it to be honest, it was a little too sweet for me, but I figure I'll get used to it. Had the cheesy pasta for lunch and it was VERY cheesy! Not much pasta (even for a VLCD!) but tasty. Tummy started churning soon after... hmm, not sure my body likes that one much.

But I almost died and went to heaven with the honey and nougat bar I just had! Oh WOW! It's AMAZING!!! So yeah, first day so far is a bit of a mixed bag. Glad i got the sample pack so I can give it all a go and see how it works. Pretty impressed with every other aspect of the program though! :)

My sample pack arrived today! YAY! Unfortunately it arrived after breakfast but my other pack had arrived, so I was able to have the raspberry shake for breakfast - I wasn't too thrilled by it to be honest, it was a little too sweet for me, but I figure I'll get used to it. Had the cheesy pasta for lunch and it was VERY cheesy! Not much pasta (even for a VLCD!) but tasty. Tummy started churning soon after... hmm, not sure my body likes that one much.

But I almost died and went to heaven with the honey and nougat bar I just had! Oh WOW! It's AMAZING!!! So yeah, first day so far is a bit of a mixed bag. Glad i got the sample pack so I can give it all a go and see how it works. Pretty impressed with every other aspect of the program though! :)

Yay! Yeah I'm not a fan of the raspberry shake and I tend to put cauliflower in the cheesy pasta and it bulks it out and makes it a little less cheesy lol x

Oh that would help!! Thank you! :)

Using your veg allowance with the dinner type meal packs helps all of them a lot :) I like brussel sprouts with the cheesy pasta. And I find jullienned courgette goes great with the spaghetti meals.

Awesome! Thanks for those ideas! I'm going to have fun with this I think! I just had a shake with the mousse mix and it was fabulous so that's a definite winner! :)
I love that I can add veges to the mix. I put had some broccolli and cauliflower with mine yesterday and my body was singing! The cottage pie actually tasted like that so I think it's probably just a case of trying the different packs and seeing what I like. I feel a bit like I'm a kid in a candy store with all these choices!! It's super exciting!! :D

Awesome! Thanks for those ideas! I'm going to have fun with this I think! I just had a shake with the mousse mix and it was fabulous so that's a definite winner! :)
I love that I can add veges to the mix. I put had some broccolli and cauliflower with mine yesterday and my body was singing! The cottage pie actually tasted like that so I think it's probably just a case of trying the different packs and seeing what I like. I feel a bit like I'm a kid in a candy store with all these choices!! It's super exciting!! :D

Yeah I love all the choices, I'm a real savoury tooth so I pretty much live off all the meals and the odd chocolate shake or ultra slim bar. X

I tried a day of exante and it was so hard! No idea how I'll use them up as I was so hungry!! Back on slim and save today and have put my order in so I guess you can say I've officially switched.
The meals do seem like meals don't they! :)

I tried a day of exante and it was so hard! No idea how I'll use them up as I was so hungry!! Back on slim and save today and have put my order in so I guess you can say I've officially switched.
The meals do seem like meals don't they! :)

They do and I tend to not want to stray off them either so that makes the plan better xx

I'm loving S&S, it doesn't feel like a diet at all, I've had chips and egg for my tea tonight (swede chips) how is that a VLCD? Awesome. Good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow that's awesome!!! And what a great idea Wotan the swede chips!! I'm so stealing that idea! ;) thanks!!!

Back