Seriously worried about refeed

kellmo

Gold Member
Hi,

I'm about 7-10lb away from my goal of 9 stone 10 ish. I'm panicking, what shall I start to eat. Don't like the idea of the potatoes with veg and chicken as per slim and save. I'm thinking of starting with 30g sugar free muesli wag morning , plus slim and save for sinner with protein and then,,,,,,, errr help I just don't know and I'm panicking and I'm doing uni work and I haven't time to work out what to eat!!!!

Please help me friends!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think the important thing is to decide how you want to eat during mainteneance - and then slowly reintroduce those things to your diet over a few weeks.

weasey said:
I think the important thing is to decide how you want to eat during mainteneance - and then slowly reintroduce those things to your diet over a few weeks.

Thanks Weasey, I want to do the Dukan thing. I need to look through the book I have.
I'm thinking of introducing a meal at a time as well as protein and the veg permitted on Dukan cruise. Perhaps breakfast as a start?
It's such a big shock to be finally here, slim and ready to come off plan. Sns has been so easy as in no thinking, planning etc. just do as I'm told and it worked.

kellmo said:
Thanks Weasey, I want to do the Dukan thing. I need to look through the book I have.
I'm thinking of introducing a meal at a time as well as protein and the veg permitted on Dukan cruise. Perhaps breakfast as a start?
It's such a big shock to be finally here, slim and ready to come off plan. Sns has been so easy as in no thinking, planning etc. just do as I'm told and it worked.

So are you at your goal weight? If so you don't want to be on the Dukan cruise phase (which is about losing weight) but rather in the consolidation phase - which is the first phase for maintenance. If that's what you are doing then I'd suggest moving to two packs and two protein meals a day for a few days, then replace your breakfast pack with oatbran porridge for a few days, then add a piece of allowed fruit and total yogurt, then add a slice of wholemeal bread, then add the 40g of cheese. Once you are on all of the daily food happily for a few days then start doing the weekly things - celebration meal / protein day (note it is is a stricter form of the protein day than described for earlier phases) / starchy meal.

One of the wonderful things about the Dukan consolidation is also that of you do as you're told it will also work. Good luck!

Nearly Weasey, I'm about 7-10lbs off my goal weight. i want to do sns until I'm at goal and do the consolidation phase! so you think stick with the shakes with the protein meals, good plan really, taking it slowly is the key I think. One thing at a time. I'm scared of eating bread, I don't think I tolerate it very well! I may go for the weight watchers one to begin with. Thank you VERY much for your advice! I'm going to make a 'one/two week plan tonight! If it works, ill stick with it, if not, I'll change. Honestly thanks so much. X

Pop over to the refeed/ maintenance bit. A few of us post on there and we followed very different refeeding and maintenance plans. What matters is what works for you and there is an aspect of trial and error. It can be very scary starting to eat food again- I am terrified of putting weight on again but I use this as a positive thing and it makes me stay on track.
I do eat bread now but not too much. I have the Hovis Wheatgerm bread as the slices are small and I make sandwiches with loads of salad in. Saying that, if you don't think bread agrees with you, you don't have to have it. Rice cakes, ryvita, matzos are all good alternatives.

You're welcome Kellmo - it's all about finding a maintenance approach which works for you. Good luck!

Hi Kell

Agreed with everyone, dont worry, decide what approach you want to take and go for it, take it slow and plan ahead hunny

youve done amazing, this is just the start of the journey, keep posting away :) xxx

Thank you everyone, I've done myself a little organised plan, I've decided goal weight is between 9s stone 9 and 10 stone. SO, when I get there I'll start with protein and shakes for a few days, then introduce oat bran porridge or pancakes (Dukan) then every few days (as I'm feeling braver) will introduce more and more allowed foods. How exciting!

Good luck Kellmo - and keep us up to date!

Back