Sexy Boots - I'm coming to get you!

Lol thanks never been called an inspiration before

Had a GP appointment tonight just to discuss my meds. I take beta blockers and have done for a while for my OCD and doctor suggested coming off them as he said they usually lead to weight gain. Cheeky sod must have thought I was fat lol cos I then pointed out I was on a diet. Not sure what to do. Wonder if stopping them will help me lose and stop feeling so sluggish but a bit scared to stop taking them. Suppose I may not really need them if GP is suggesting I stop

Will ponder about it tonight

Tricky one.I've been taken off anti depressants by doctors and then had to go back on.I think it d depends on the individual doctors opinion of mental illness. Go with your instincts. You're losing weight even with the meds so don't let that sway your decision. Just decide if you feel ready to try going without them :)

I've never heard of betablocker for that before. Made me feel v tired and odd when I've had them.for migraine

I take a high dose fluoxetine for ocd and anti epilepsy for migraine. I try not to use beta blocker unless I'm getting daily migraines.

You have to do what's best for you hun - you can always try and see how you feel. It's tricky getting the right meds that help but worth some trial and error

Xx

I do also take other medication as well as the propanonol, so will have a think.

The propanonol helps with the anxiety and adrenaline, but it does slow everything else down.

There is a lot of info on the web about people gaining a lot of weight around their middle with this, and have to say that is where a lot of my weight is. Need to think about it

Last edited:
That's interesting i'm on propranolol too :) for migraine prevention, didn't know it had a weight gain side effect.now that I think of it I started taking it just before I got to mybiggest. Can't come off it though, I'll die!! ( drama queen)

I used to take that and topirimate. I found no gain but the anti epilepsy worked great on its own, didn't get any benefit from the blocker

Went from 4-6 attacks a week to none for months.

If its not affecting your losses and it helps then stick to it

Have a good day hun Xx

Day 55

Had a sneaky peak on scales and they have not moved since last week so not looking good for weigh in tomorrow.

Working until midnight tonight and always starving when I get in at 1am but will just have to make of with a coffee as all my packs are away by then

Going to visit family in England tomorrow and back Sunday so gave warned my mum chicken and veg for tea Friday and salmon and veg on Saturday. No wine or takeaways She will end up flapping about what I eat though. Will be going shopping so will just have to find the willpower when her and my sister are stuffing their faces.

Positives for today

Have a great pair of wedges I bought a good few years ago that I have never been able to even get past my toes in for years but kept them cos I love them. Today I tried them on after seeing no loss on the scales and they fit and are really comfortable. A standard size 6 past few years have had to buy a size 7 just for width alone felt so good to he able to wear them again

People at work gave started to ask me if I am going SW again. I told them I am doing red days. Now they never said I was slimmer but am going to take it as a compliment that they must think I look slimmer if they are asking if I am on a diet especially when this is asked at my desk and not on breaks so they haven't seen what I have been eating

Bought a lovely clingy material dress on eBay in size 16 which arrived yesterday. Have to say I looked so funny in it with all my lumps and bumps but I got it on. Will try it again after I have lost another stone

Have also decided to just enjoy the experience of losing the weight. Enjoying moving down sizes buying clothes in lots of different sizes, smiling when I get a compliment and not feeling stressed about it, generally just getting smaller. I am not going to hope I wake up slim tomorrow because then I will miss out on the experience and them hopefully this will help me stay on track when I am at the weight I want to be.

Oooh good one about enjoying the experience of losing weight. It does feel good just to be 'in the zone' doesn't it? it's just right now it seems like it is going to go on FOREVER!! We've got the same target dates, I hope we both stick to it to the end :)

Day 56

The end of week eight already, how did that happen!

Only lost 3/4 of a lb today. Disappointing when you have been 100%. Looking at my stats though, thw 2nd week after my TOTM last month I didn't lose at all, and this is the 2nd week after TOTM this month and have only lost a tiny amount. Looks like that is how my body works. Strange but interesting at the same time.

Off to Newcastle to visit family soon, must remember my packs lol and need to stop off at the supermarket for bottles of water, my mums water tap does not run cold enough for me.

Positives for the day

Two people at work whispered to me was I losing weight. Felt good because they did not know I was dieting. Off course they were told it was due to SW red days, otherwise I would just get lectures off them.

My work trousers which are a size 18 are starting to look huge on me. Crotch is hanging down and they are so baggy. However nowhere near getting a size 16 on, still another stone or so away from that. My need to put a safety pin in it.

Because I have worked so hard 100% on this diet, I bought myself a lovely black and white spoty scarf yesterday, looks great with my nice red coat. In fact my coat is so red I feel like Red Riding Hood and its great. I know people can notice me in it, but I dont care which is quite liberating in itself. I am the one that usually hates being noticed.

Have a great weekend all

Sounds like you're doing great! Don't stress about the small lose, it all
Evens out in the end! Enjoy your weekend xxx

Coat and scarf sounds lovely hun

Your doing so so well :))

I can't wait to finally be able to fit into coats after my op. Red sounds gorgeous :)

Keep up the great work xxx

Just back from weekend visiting my family in Newcastle.

No one ever compliments each other mum said about my weight loss "you have lost a bit of weight their is now space between your boobs and belly" charming. Sister never mentioned it at all until we were in metro centre at KFC. They were stuffing their faces with chips chicken sandwiches and barbecue sauce whilst I just had a coffee sister said do what diet are you supposed to be on anyway think your face looks a bit better. I never bothered commenting. In a tearoom later while they all had hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows and I had a bottle of water, sister moaned that I was just trying to get everyone's attention. Now I know why I don't visit too often

Still I am very proud of myself that I can stick 100% to s&s even when away from home fur the weekend

My lovely red coat I bought last week in the size smaller , I can now fasten the waist button just stuff my scars down top two buttons and it looks great Hopefully not too long before I can do all the buttons up

Hamish's Mum said:
Just back from weekend visiting my family in Newcastle.

No one ever compliments each other mum said about my weight loss "you have lost a bit of weight their is now space between your boobs and belly" charming. Sister never mentioned it at all until we were in metro centre at KFC. They were stuffing their faces with chips chicken sandwiches and barbecue sauce whilst I just had a coffee sister said do what diet are you supposed to be on anyway think your face looks a bit better. I never bothered commenting. In a tearoom later while they all had hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows and I had a bottle of water, sister moaned that I was just trying to get everyone's attention. Now I know why I don't visit too often

Still I am very proud of myself that I can stick 100% to s&s even when away from home fur the weekend

My lovely red coat I bought last week in the size smaller , I can now fasten the waist button just stuff my scars down top two buttons and it looks great Hopefully not too long before I can do all the buttons up

Super well done!!! It's a real shame that your family cant be supportive but it is usually down to there own issues. Mums are great at criticism (mine is too) and as for sister I expect you just reminded her of her own food demons and that she is over eating and u r succeeding. Just jealousy. Well done x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have a similar family, if I gain a pound they ask Ooo don't you go gym anymore??? Then I loose a load and they say.. oh bit better but a long way to go! Sod em!!

Your doing amazing hun

I try and limit my family visits, negativity dosent help. Your on the road to health and positivity :)))

Xxxx

Thanks ladies. I knew you would all be so supportive

Hey, I see everything is till going in the right direction and the inches are melting away.
Keep up the good work, I've got some catching up to do since been on hols for 2 weeks.

julz4gbr said:
Hey, I see everything is till going in the right direction and the inches are melting away.
Keep up the good work, I've got some catching up to do since been on hols for 2 weeks.

Welcome back hope you had a great time

oh dear :( poor you, they really aren't very supportive! Your doing amazing and they probably feel threatened by your self restraint, pure jealousy! well done for sticking to it!

Day 60

Still going strong and enjoying the plan. Was at a friends for coffee this morning and refused all offers of biscuits and fruit just explained that I am not eating between meals. Then home for my first shake of the day at lunch time. I decided to put all my shakes in a big box and mix them up so I don't know what I am getting until I put my hand in the box, lol what an exciting life I lead. Went to Dobbies yesterday shopping as I had some vouchers and wanted to use them towards a Xmas gift. OH had a latte and breakfast I sat all smug with my filter coffee and skimmed milk. Finding it easier all the time just to have a drink when others are eating when out helps keep me 100%

Had to take something to make me 'go' last night. First time I have had this problem not sure why as have been eating what I always do, but after five days was really feeling uncomfortable. Will have to think about how I get more fibre into my diet.

I decided that I am going to try and come off the propananol so have been taking it every second day and all good. So hoping in a few weeks my losses pick up a bit.

Positives for today

I have a top from next size 18 that has never fitted and I tried on a few weeks ago and thought that I could maybe get away with it. Put it on for the first time today and it not only fits but fits really well and my friend who knows I am on a diet, but never comments on my weight said that she could tell I had lost weight

So agreed with myself I am now officially a size 18.

Have been 'winning' on eBay size 16 tops to put away so that I have something to aim for. Have to day the look really small to me and can't imagine ever fitting into them

I have gone down a shoe size. I am now a 6 no longer gave to wear size 7 for my fat feet

Staying on track and hoping for a bigger loss on Friday.

Back