Sez's Diary - Sorry I've not been posting!

Sez

has started again!!
Phew, how many diaries have I started on Minis lately??? Not good is it? Still, I sincerely hope this will be the last. I really hope I have found the diet that will get me to goal, and (the hardest part) to stay there!

In Feb 2007, I weighed over 20 stone and joined LL. I lost about 8 stone by November, then decided to take a break for Xmas!! What a wrong choice that was! I never went back and regained a fair old whack!! I then dabbled (again) with SW, but I had become complacent with that plan, and just didnt get going on it. Then I gave CD a go, having been pretty successful on a vlcd before. I loved CD, but the local counsellors (& I tried 2) were blummin awful. Whilst I cannot blame my failings on them, with nil support, that was almost an impossible task for me.

I ate & ate for a while then, and I truthfully dont know why, I thought, yes, Its going to be Weight Watchers. I read loads on here and on their site, found out my local group and .....joined yesterday!!

I was pretty shocked to see my weight is now 16st 3.5lb, but after getting over that horrible feeling of self loathing, I began to feel much more positive about the whole thing. TBH I am finding it a bit odd adjusting my head to the slow way of weight loss, after the extremes of the VLCD world, but I think slow & steady might just win this race for me this time!!

My leader even introduced the Xmas challenge this week to the group, (OMG!!! 12 weeks to go......) and said a stone loss would be fab in that time. Last time I did CD I lost 11lb in the first week, so you understand my odd mind-set.!

I have decided not to do Kick-Start, as I am lousy at following a plan that someone else has set me. I like to think on the hoof,as it were, and not to plan too far ahead. I am, however, counting points as I think the portion control will be a good thing for me to learn.

I hope someone will check my food so far for me, just to tell me if I am going the right way about this, please! (Not included dinner tonight yet, but will prob be an omlette & salad.)

40g Special K Sustain 2
1 WW yoghurt 1
2 satsumas 0.5
Apple 0.5
2 slices ww bread 1
60g cottage cheese 1
point free salad
Go Ahead bars 2
Kit Kat 2.5
0.75 pint semi skim 3

Plus coffee and water.

Thanks so much, and sorry if I bored you all!!!

Really pleased to be feeling positive once again tho!!

Welcome - sounds like you have had some fun in the past!!

Hope WW works for you and good luck with Week 1.

CJ
x

Hello hun! Hurrah:bliss:I found your new diary!

How're you feeling about this new start. I was thinking about you this afternoon when shopping. In your honour, I bought a WW magazine;), haven't read it yet. Might take it on holiday:D

If you lose 1lb a week, how many could you lose by the time you go off to Florida next year???

It's all very exciting:party0011:.

But then again, I'm easily excitable;)

Welcome to the WW gang. Your menu so far sounds great. How many points a day are you on?

Hi everyone!! Thanks so much for taking the time to read all my blurb!!

Starlight, I am on 26 points, hopefully to be 25 by next week!!! (I want to drop into the next stone during the week!!)

At the moment I have a huge vat of zero point soup on the stove!! No recipe, just a mix of swede, carrot, leek, red onion, stock cube and passata. I think it could be a life saver in hungrier times, just while I am getting used to being good once again!!!

Hi Sez
As you know I can almost mirror your story exactly - except I have put more on than you since I stopped LL but I am hardly proud to admit it!

I joined WW again tonight. We did the xmas challenge too and my mind set was EXACTLY the same as yours. I then cast my mind back 11 months to when I joined WW two weeks after stopping LL with my neighbour who was envious at how little I weighed. At that point I was about 3 stone less than her. Now I am about 6 or 7 stone more as I have consistently gained and she has consistently lost. I reminded myself that the couple of pound a week that she lost was much better than the couple of pound a week that I had gained over the same period!

Heres to WW and being a stone lighter for xmas!
Helen
x

Hi Sez
As you know I can almost mirror your story exactly - except I have put more on than you since I stopped LL but I am hardly proud to admit it!

I joined WW again tonight. We did the xmas challenge too and my mind set was EXACTLY the same as yours. I then cast my mind back 11 months to when I joined WW two weeks after stopping LL with my neighbour who was envious at how little I weighed. At that point I was about 3 stone less than her. Now I am about 6 or 7 stone more as I have consistently gained and she has consistently lost. I reminded myself that the couple of pound a week that she lost was much better than the couple of pound a week that I had gained over the same period!

Heres to WW and being a stone lighter for xmas!
Helen
x

YAY!!! I knew you'd get back into the mindset Helen!! We CAN do this together cant we!!

I still have the bluebell path pinned inside my foodie cupboard, you know!! It will continue to inspire me!!

GO for it!!
xx

Day two - bit peckish now!!

Well, so far so good! Toast and jam for brekkie, home made zero point soup and fruit for lunch, chicken korma & rice for tea, and about to have a cup of Horlicks Extra Light. (I so know how to live!!!!)

Trouble is, even tho I am ploughing my way through the soup, I am def rumbly in the tumbly! I have been drinking loads, but am still being called hither by the kitchen!!

It could be an early night for me to minimize damage done! Maybe I will take myself off and study the instruction booklet for my new scales, bought a few weeks ago and still in their box!! They weigh, do body fat, water and muscle mass. Sadly they do NOT do the ironing!!

Thanks again all for your welcome & support.

XX

PS Can I change the main thread title as an update each time? Just wondered if it was possible?

Oh cant believe your scales are in the box! I cant stop jumping on the scales!! Everytime I go to the bathroom i step on!! Its so bad! trying so hard to limit it to once a week!!
You can change the title by clicking the wee icon on the right side on the main page....thats a rubbish explanation..sorry!

Reactions: Sez
Oh cant believe your scales are in the box! I cant stop jumping on the scales!! Everytime I go to the bathroom i step on!! Its so bad! trying so hard to limit it to once a week!!
You can change the title by clicking the wee icon on the right side on the main page....thats a rubbish explanation..sorry!

I am pretty thick tho, cant quite see where or what I click?

Any more tips please?

There should be a tick next to this thread, on the page with all the different threads. If you click on it then you should be able to change the title of the thread x

Hiya

Welcome to WWs!
I hear ya about the VLCDs, I just did CD for a while and loved the results, so quick and noticible. Then had a planned weekend off and decided to go back to it (mainly for the results) but couldnt manage so I am now back to WWs! It'll be nice to not have funny looks at lunchtime in work!

Good Luck with your weight loss journey xxx

Yes, it was great yesterday when a colleague brought in some goodies as it was her birthday. I took a mini choc bar, used my calculator and quite happily ate it, no worries! It felt good to be "normal" and not to feel intense guilt over that little treat.

Any how, today I have woken up with the most rumbly tum ever. I know I ate plenty yesterday, but I am honestly so hungry. I had 4slices of WW bread toasted, with some low sugar blackcurrant jam for breakie, and two coffees but I am STILL starving.

Any advice please? Is it like a VLCD where Day 3 seemed to be the toughest? Are there any zero point snacks I can have to get me through? I have got some soup in the fridge (God, I made soooo much.....lol!!) but I really want it for lunch. I just know I will have a snakc attack before then.....:cry:

How about munching on some raw veggies - carrot sticks and the like? Or have a hot drink - something savoury like a bovril or something.

The only other alternative I can think of is to use some points for something a bit more substantial.

Reactions: Sez
How about munching on some raw veggies - carrot sticks and the like? Or have a hot drink - something savoury like a bovril or something.

The only other alternative I can think of is to use some points for something a bit more substantial.

Thank you. Now had a banana and a go ahead bar, total of 6 points today. Trying to be really careful as we are off to movies tonight and then a couple glasses of wine with the neighbours!! (My resolve is usually severly weakened where alcohol is concerned!)

Back