Share your *MENUS* please (Atkins and Low carb)

Hi folks,

I am into day 3 of Atkins and have never done A before....

I am struggling to know what I can and cannot eat, so far I have had Sausage and fried egg brekkie, cheese omelete lunch, and chicken for tea. Day 2 was shake for brekkie and lunch and scram egg with a sausage for tea, day 3 shakes again and tea chicken....do i use dble or single cream in coffee and do i use cream in scram egg instead of milk and i need more ideas i am fading fast.

I strongly recommend you buy an Atkins book (either the orange covered one or the New Atkins New You) as you're not having as much veg as you should be. You need to be consuming 20g of carbs a day and 15g of that allowance should be from greens. I'd also check the carb content of sausages as most can be quite carby and you should try and limit anything processed at least for first couple of weeks.

Hope this helps but if you're still stuck theres plenty of meal ideas on the thread "what are we eating today".

Have a look at the "So you're thinking of starting Atkins" thread love.

Wonderful thread. I think big mushrooms shall be purchased tomorrow and some Boursin too. I FRIGGIN LOVE ATKINS!!!!!!

B: 2x Scrambled eggs, bacon (1.2g)
S: Sugar free jelly and double cream (unsure)
L: Chicken Breast,70g lettuce (0.2), 50g cucumber (1g), pepper (2.1g) , full fat mayo
S: 10 green olives
D: Haddock, 230g tomatoes (5g) and 60g full fat cheese (0.8g)
T: 10.3g carbs

B: Cheese omelette, 2 eggs (1.2g) 60g cheese (0.8g)
S: 10 green olives
L: Tuna, 35g lettuce (0.1g), full fat mayo,50g cucumber (1g)
S: sugar free and double cream
D: Pork chops, 50g cauliflower (1.4g) and 60g cheese (0.8g) 70g broccoli (1.6g)
T: 6.9g carbs

B: Poached eggs, bacon and 70g mushroom (2.4g)
S: pepperami
L: Chicken breast, egg, bacon, mayo. 35g Lettuce(0.1g) ,115g tomato (2.5g), 50g cucumber (1g)
S: sugar free jelly and double cream
D:70g mushrooms (2.4g), 230g tomatoes (5g), 60g cheese (0.8g), pepperami, green olives
T: 14.2g carbs

B: Cheese omelette (2g)
S: 10 olives
L: Chicken salad wraps, 35g lettuce (0.1g), mayo, 50g cucumber (1g)
S: Sugar free jelly and double cream
D: Rosemary chicken thighs,70g broccoli (1.6g) and 30g cheese (0.4g)
T: 5.1g carbs

B: Bacon, eggs and 70g mushrooms (2.4g)
S: 30g cheese (0.4)
L: fish,35g lettuce(0.1g) , 50g cucumber (1g), 115g tomato (2.5g), mayo
D: baked meat balls, beef mince, passata, 140g cabbage (2.2g)
T: 8.6g carbs

B: Omelette (2g)
S: 10 olives
L: fish salad, lettuce, cucumber, mayo (3.6g)
D: whatever meat and veg is left!

Just come back from a pampered chef party where the host cooked stuffed mushrooms with garlic boursin and chopped ham! Delicious!

Made these today (without the ham) and they were wonderful! Will be eating these again. Always amazes me how yummy the food is on Atkins compared to low fat diets :D

Had two lovely things lately - chicken and spinach soup and today made chicken with mushroom/cheese filling wraped in bacon.

Hey all, really enjoying being on atkins (2 weeks) but not noticing the old scales budging... trousers feeling looser though! here's couple of days food... can anyone see a major problem?

Yesterday
B=2 boiled eggs
L=ham salad
D=pork with broccoli followed by s/f jelly and cream

3sweeteners (splenda) with coffee and plenty of water

Today....
B=snacking on ham at work
L=2 pork chops
D=omelette with ham and cheese

3 sweeteners with coffee

Am i doing anything wrong?? would appreciate the advice

x x x

not enough greens!!! are you drinking milk? if clothes are feeling looser you will be losing inches but maybe not lbs. Tape measure?

Hi Claire,

We need more info love. How much do you have to lose for instance.

Vicky, i've just legged it upstairs and wielded the dreaded tape measure and i've lost 2 inches off my waist!! woo hoo and inch off my hips so happy bout that. I have a splash of milk as i can't bear black coffee, weaning myself off it!

Jim, ideally want to lose 2 and a half stone, i'm finding atkins great but don't know if i'm unknowingly cheating!! should i lay off the sugar free jelly for a start until i'm settled? I'm measuring salad/greens by cupfuls and i'm counting every sweetener as 1g of carbs.

Thanks by the way!

thats brilliant! see :) i still have a splash in my tea but only one cup.

LOL, I call all SF & LC products FRANKENFOOD Claire

:confused: come on Jim explain FRANKENFOOD!! ooooh i get it as in frankenstein hahahaha i get you now! I need to stick with the natural stuff eh!

Right, very determined today, one coffee this morning with cream. I'm having no milk today. I'm going to up the water intake and NO JELLY!!

and.......... off to make 'cheeseburger pie' off the recipe thread now

Last edited:
ooh you will love the pie :D

oh it makes quite a lot he should be ok LOL

Got it in one Claire :)

Back