Share your weekly shopping

i have just gone back to A&C too Honey! i love the veg! are we shopping twins with our Waitrose/Ocado and A&C love! ? xx

It looks that way doesn't it?! Now if only we could be weight loss twins and I could magically have 3st disappear from my bahdeee!

I have got a huge Ocado delivery coming on Monday - and thinking of ordering other bits now i have the new SW magazine! :)

Anyone shop at Costco?! We go every few months to stock up on meats and things for the freezer and dry foods. I really like it, though sometimes it gives me a headache going there, loading the car, coming back, stuff EVERYWHERE, trying to organise everything we bought etc. Anyway we went this afternoon and bought a lot of stuff! Pic heavy!

Everything

3f6bbe3c.png

Fruit & veg (raspberries, strawberries, melon, lemons, grapes, apples, sweet peppers, portobello mushrooms, red onions, shallots, butternut squash wedges, cherry tomatoes, tender stem broccoli,

ff329d77.png

Tinned plum tomatoes

e34f86fe-1.png

Meaty things - leg of lamb, prawns, sea bass, salmon, smoked trout, braising steak (the marbled steak and lamb chops are for DH)

6d15bc32.png

Meat all packed up!

4ab55ee1.png

Other stuff - the two big bottles at the back contain salsa! Omelettes cannot be eaten without it!! Also free! Also got garlic granules, peppercorns, crabmeat, tinned salmon, gnocchi (synned), manuka honey (synned),

a5840dd9.png

Costco's version of PAM spray. This is an oil spray I cook with (different brands though). I hate frylight and always use variations of this type of oil spray. It sprays a lovely fine mist over your food for roasting or in your pan and doesn't burn like frylight. Someone mentioned once that my meals have a glazed look about them and it's because of this oil spray! Took a pic of the nutritional info as well to show it's free!

79de4559.png

Fruit bowl (kind of overflowing lol)

3954171d.png

Also bought a big bag of rice and things like toothpaste, deodorant, nappies, cleaning products, scourers etc and DH bought like THIRTY bottles of wine :eek:

Last edited:
Yes I think the meat and frozen seafood especially are good value because you can bulk buy. The prawns are huge and are flash frozen so taste sublime! The fruit and veg aren't really great value because you can only buy small amounts so they don't go off. Some things come in ridiculously HUGE packs too, like for restaurants so they're not very practical to buy. I'm talking 3 litre Worcestershire sauce bottles lol :eek: it's a goldmine for things for the freezer and dry staples like rice, pasta, salt, pepper, stock cubes, dry pulses etc! The meat is delicious too, the lamb in particular. They come in varying degrees of fattiness so I just choose whatever looks lean. DH is not a fan of lean meat so we get chops and marbled steaks for him. Once in a while I have it too and count 1/2 syn per ounce and serve without starchy carbs. Sometimes you gotta have a big juicy steak!

You do need a membership card, though I'm not so sure how you get it. Mine was a wedding present from my mum lol! She's very pragmatic... I just renew it every year and last year upgraded to executive membership so we get 2% back for every purchase and at the end of the year receive vouchers to spend. Last year we got almost £200 cos we spent a lot there, bought TVs, garden furniture, fridge/freezer and all sorts. So not too bad really.

Every time we go my pantry looks like a store AND an off license! Love that *hugs food* :D

I'm loving this thread - ideally need to get organised with food shopping as I spend a fortune nit and feel like I never have anything in!!

After going food shopping 3 times this week and discovering that I have 3 packs of mushrooms and 2 bottle of soy sauce and still rebuying them - I've downloaded an app called myfridge.

You enter all of the items in your fridge (I intend to do freezer and store cupboard as well bu the fridge alone took me hours this morning!!) and expiry date. Then it tells you what you have in the house and it also has the function to create a shopping list.

However I suspect none of this will help as I'm addicted to tesco whoopsies!! :)

stokegal said:
I'm loving this thread - ideally need to get organised with food shopping as I spend a fortune nit and feel like I never have anything in!!

After going food shopping 3 times this week and discovering that I have 3 packs of mushrooms and 2 bottle of soy sauce and still rebuying them - I've downloaded an app called myfridge.

You enter all of the items in your fridge (I intend to do freezer and store cupboard as well bu the fridge alone took me hours this morning!!) and expiry date. Then it tells you what you have in the house and it also has the function to create a shopping list.

However I suspect none of this will help as I'm addicted to tesco whoopsies!! :)

This app sounds brill!

I guess once you've entered the info, it will still be time consuming entering when you buy more or when you use stuff, but will really help with saving waste! Off to check it out now!

Woo hoo for Costco! Lol! You'll love it Emsie!

That app sounds amazing! I'm fairly organised but I always buy too many Thai curry paste!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Another installment of my food shopping! Seems like a never ending stream of food in my house lol and there's just DH and I :eek: we had friends over for lunch yesterday and I made a big fruit platter so that was most of Costco's shop gone lol. This time I just got a few dairy staples and HEXs :D

A few fruits and veggies, not much because I'm getting a veggie box on Thursday

bdbbae97.jpg

Dairy

ef3dfc76.jpg

HEXs

f9f7a4bf.jpg

Store cupboard

4ad9b0ca.jpg

Last edited:
Ooh my A&C comes tomorrow, and my Ocado comes tonight (woo!)

Love shopping - and maybe i will take some pics of mine to show everyone! xxx

Back