Share your weekly shopping

Hee hee! I'm adventurous with food but not that adventurous! If I ever come across it I *may* try it but I've never seen it around.

lovely shopping honeyoc! what is bulgar wheat like?

well the fiddelheads intrigued me...just googled it - omg no nobody should ever eat those!

lol they are horrible looking arent they.

bulgar wheat is a whole grain, so is much higher in fibre than even whole grain rice. It is yummy and definately worth trying.

I made a stuffing for chicken with it once, was delcious:

Bulgar Wheat, Onion, Sage and Sausage Stuffed Chicken | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

was curious about fiddleheads myself and just googled. Don't think I will be eating those - I would be worried about them crawling off my plate!

Went to morrisons this evening- got loads of bargains! Here's the photos :)

2011_0121shopping0027.jpg

2011_0121shopping0030.jpg

Just a few of the cheapies-

fibre plus bars £1.83 bogof
tilda rice pouches 65p each
noodles- 63p
eat smart cheese- 2.80ish a kg!!! we got just under a kg!
green giant frozen corn on cobs £1
ainsley soups b2g2f

how nice does everyones shopping look - I am sooo jealous as am bit short of cash after xmas so surviving on frozen veg and whatever I can find in my freezer and cupboard.( still sticking to s/w though) Roll on payday as am really missing fresh fruit & veg

My shopping was quite cheap really- went for all the on offer things. Excluding all my o.h's junk food mine cost about £20 & a lot of the stuff will last longer than a week :D

I went to my local fresh produce market today, they sell all kinds of yummy goodies, from meat/fish to cheese, fruit, veg etc and it is all excellent quality. I absolutely love going there and having a browse.

I only need a little top of a few things, so it wasn’t a huge shop this week. But here is what I bought:

Fruit/Veg
Honeycrisp Apples
Naval Oranges
large Pomegranate
peaches (these ones are so sweet and yummy)
d’anjou pears
bag of red seedless grapes
large maya papaya
broccoli
1 hot red chilli
carrots
tub of grape tomatoes

Bakery
100% wholegrain bread (57g is a HEb)

Dairy/Fresh
sweet potato hummus

Store Cupboard Ingredients
tube of tomato paste (0.5 syns per tablespoon)
tin of Italian plum tomatoes
packet of three cheese sauce (not worked out syns on these yet)
packet of lemon and dill sauce (not worked out syns on these yet)

Just got a few things from the African market.

Plantains
White sweet potatoes
Scotch bonnet chillies
Yam

recipes.jpg

£57 at morrisons, i cant believe it.......only git out £40 cash good job i got cash card on me.... fruit and veg soooo expensive

I am off to trader joes tomorrow and then a fresh food market. I am looking forward to it as Trader Joes has some fab foodies - this is their website - Trader Joe's. I will remember to take pics when I get back :) and hopefully have some new foodies to add to the list for overseas members :)

am back from shopping in the US and my I got some lovely stuff today. Managed a trip to Trader Joes and a local fresh produce market, the amount of choice was amazing, such lovely fresh fruit and veg too.

I am too tired to post my list and photos tonight, but will do so tomorrow, I did remember to take pics before I put it all away ;)

We had a day trip to the US yesterday, first we went to just a general grocery store for basic’s and then we popped to a fab fresh produce market, I was in complete heaven looking at all the fruit and veg, and the deli section was amazing, with salad bar and breads (all of which I didn't touch of course). I did get a yummy selection of fruit and veg though before then popping to Trader Joes to pick up a few staples.
So here is my shopping list for this week. I didn’t need much in the way of meat, as I am still working my way through the stuff in my freezer.

Fruit/Veg

• Jazz Apples
  • Pink Lady Apples
  • Minneola Oranges
  • Bananas
  • Mini Banana
  • Red Pears
  • Cantaloupe Melon
  • Grapes
  • Romaine Lettuce
  • Cucumber
  • Spring Onions
  • English Peas (in pods)
  • Sweet Tomatoes
  • Mixed Peppers
  • Courgettes (Zucchini's)
  • Garlic
  • bag of yellow onions
  • Red Onion
  • bag of Yellow Idaho Potatoes
  • bag of tiny Idaho Potatoes
  • Mushrooms
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Basil

Bakery

• 100% wholegrain bread (57g is a HEb)
  • 100% Whole Wheat Muffins (57g)(HEb)

Dairy/Fresh

• Fresh Eggs (vegetarian fed/cage free)
  • Trader Joes 0% Greek Yoghurt
  • Pork Chops
  • Laughing Cow Light - Queso Fresco & Chipotle - (approx 1.5 syns per triangle)
  • Fat Free Feta Cheese (HEa)
  • Reddi Whip Cream - (approx 1 syn per 2 tablespoons)
Freezer

• Trader Joes bag of frozen mixed berries
Store Cupboard Ingredients

• Pam Original Spray - (FREE)
  • Large Tin of Crushed Tomatoes
  • Hormel Vegetarian Chilli - canned (FREE)
  • Pasta Roni - Tomato and Parmesan (FREE when made up with water)
  • Rice Roni - Wholegrain Roasted Garlic Italian (FREE when made up with water)
  • Rice Roni - Wholegrain Chicken and Herb Classico (FREE when made up with water)
  • Special K Chocolately Pretzel Bars (4.5 syns)
  • Special K Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars (4.5 syns)
  • Trader Joes Multigrain Pilaf - (need to check syns)
  • Blackberry Jam (I bought this in the fresh food market, it is made with no sugar added and is sweetened with fruit concentrate, so is only 15 calories for 1 tablespoon and is DELICIOUS!!!) (approx 1 syn for tablespoon)
  • Trader Joes Meringues (4 mini meringues 5 syns)
  • French Twists - Maple French Toast (3 syns for two mini pastries and OMG these are delicious)
  • Trader Joes Sweet Chilli Sauce (approx 1 syn per tablespoon)
  • Trader Joes Sour Cream and Onion Corn Puffs (7 syns for 2.5 cups - 28g)
  • Trader Joes Crunch Lentil and Potato Curls (6.5 syns for 31 curls - 28g) - I love these

ahhh typical I forgot to get a few items over the weekend. So will need to try and get out again today (in the heap of snow we have). I am always doing this and then can't help but get more SW friendly stuff that I see (but don't really urgently need) lol

Here is as much as I can remember from last night's shop in Tesco:

Bag of mandarin oranges
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Bag of Potatoes
4 Leeks
Bag of carrots
2 parsnips
Small bag of mixed salad leaves
Bag of 4 red peppers
Bulb of Garlic
Pack of 4 Quorn Sausages
Pack of Quorn Mince
Pack of 2 free range chicken breasts
Box of Organic Green Tea
2litre bottle of Coke Zero
Pack of 8 cans of Coke Zero
Tub of fat free Cottage Cheese
Pack of Apetina Feta Cheese (lower fat)
Tin of mixed bean salad
Tin of Green Beans
Ham Stock Cubes

This weeks shopping list, luckily have quite a bit of meat and quorn in the freezer, so was not too bad!

birds eye steam fresh veg
mccain rustic oven chips
noodles
pasta'n'sauce
chopped tomatoes
eggs
mixed beans
baked beans
sweetcorn
low fat fromage frais
low fat natural yoghurt
low fat cottage cheese
quark
skimmed milk
chilli powder
primula light
smash
options hot chocolate
peppers
bananas
bouquet garni
courgettes
ground ginger
laughing cow light
lean steak mince
red onions
melon
carrots
parsnips
swede
split lentils
beansprouts
garlic
tangerines
be good to yourself bacon
salmon trimmings
apples
chillis
spring onions
potatoes
veg stock

got lots of yummy meals planned :)

I meant to ask above - how are you guys adding the pics? The only option for adding pics I get asks me to 'insert a URL' and I don't have a URL as it's on my computer!

I meant to ask above - how are you guys adding the pics? The only option for adding pics I get asks me to 'insert a URL' and I don't have a URL as it's on my computer!

you either need to upload them to a photo hosting site like photobucket, which will then give you an URL for the photo one uploaded.

or when doing a new post on here, go into the advance settings and under attachments, there is an option "manage attachments" which will allow you to select an image from your computer to attach to your post.

Back