Share your weekly shopping

I used to shop weekly, but feeding a family of four healthily was impossible, even with my large fridge/freezer, so started a new strategy when I joined SW, which is to shop on a Monday for Monday & Tuesday, Wednesday for Wednesday and Thursday, and Friday for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
I also change where I am shopping between Tesco, which is my most frequent, Asda and Morrison's with the occassional monthly shop at Waitrose, Sainsbury's and the odd shop at Marks and Spencer.
This means that we have a great variety of food and never get bored, plus I am spending no more, which is also good.:)

Lol I do have a huge fridge, one of those double door ones that makes ice. I love it!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Awwwww *SO jealous* :eek: My mum's neighbour has one of those, I'd LOVE one but it wouldnt even fit in my measly London flat! :(:D

Well have placed my order and gone with the following....the meat and fish etc seemed quite expensive but don't need much of that anyway and ordered some stuff that I cant always get elsewhere.......

3 Andrex White Toilet Tissue £10.50
2 Apples Braeburn essential Waitrose £1.99
1 Bear Granola Nibbles - Apple Crumble £0.60
1 Bear Granola Nibbles - Cocoa Cherry £0.60
1 Bisto Cheese Sauce Granules £1.05
1 Branston Beetroot Pickle £1.09
1 Cadbury Dark Chocolate Fingers £1.00
1 Cooks Ingredients Bamboo Shoots Waitrose £0.99
1 Courgettes Waitrose £1.59
1 Fairtrade Bananas essential Waitrose £1.59
2 Galia Melon essential Waitrose £3.00
1 Granular Dishwasher Salt essential Waitrose £1.54
1 John West No Drain Tuna Steak in Sunflower Oil £2.66
1 Leeks Waitrose £1.55
1 Maris Piper Potatoes Waitrose £2.00
2 McVities Mini Shorties Multipack £2.00
1 Ocado Whole Swede £0.89
1 Plenty White Kitchen Towels £3.00
1 Snack a Jacks Barbecue Jumbos £0.99
1 Snack a Jacks Salt & Vinegar Jumbos £1.01
1 Vimto Squash No Added Sugar 33% Extra Free £2.00
1 Wholewheat Fusilli Waitrose £1.09
Fridge

1 Bacon Medallions essential Waitrose £2.69
1 Butternut Squash Waitrose £1.69
1 Carrot Batons essentials Waitrose £1.00
1 Cauliflower essential Waitrose £1.29
1 Celeriac Waitrose £1.09
2 Cherry Tomatoes Waitrose £1.58
1 Go Dutch Red Hot Dutch £1.69
1 Iceberg Lettuce essential Waitrose £1.00
1 Lasting Leaf Sweet & Crunchy £1.30
1 Lighter Mature Cheese essential Waitrose £2.65
2 LowLow Mature Cheddar Spread £2.58
3 Muller Light Cherry Yogurt £1.83
3 Muller Light Smooth Banana & Custard Yogurt £1.83
6 Muller Light Smooth Vanilla Yogurt £0.00
2 Natural Cottage Cheese 1.5% Fat essential Waitrose £1.12
1 Natural Fat Free Fromage Frais Waitrose £1.19
1 Natural Fat Free Yoghurt essential Waitrose £0.96
1 Ocado Broccoli £1.49
1 Ocado Carrots £1.39
1 Ocado Seasonal Pear Bag £1.45
1 Ready Shelled Edamame Beans Waitrose £0.84
1 Ready Trimmed Sugar Snaps Waitrose £0.83
1 Ready Washed Spinach Waitrose £0.83
2 Richmond Thick Sausages £3.14
2 Satsumas essential Waitrose £3.00
1 Small Mixed Peppers Waitrose £2.09
1 The Laughing Cow Deli Light with Blue Cheese Portions 8 per pack £0.97
2 UK Cucumber essential Waitrose £1.20
Freezer

1 Frozen British Orchard Fruits Waitrose £2.69
1 Frozen British Raspberries Waitrose £2.53

1 A Bartlett Red Rooster Potatoes £1.00 1 Andrex Natural Rolls £1.97 1 ASDA Baking Potatoes £0.70 1 ASDA British sausages - beef 8s £1.50 1 ASDA Chicken Breast Fillets £3.33 1 ASDA Conference Pears £1.47 1 ASDA Extra Juicy Oranges £1.97 1 ASDA Farmhouse Sliced £0.70 1 ASDA Gala Apples £1.00 2 ASDA Lean Beef Mince £6.67 1 ASDA Mixed Peppers £1.00 1 ASDA Orangeade (Sugar Free) £0.47 1 ASDA Organic Onions - red £0.94 1 ASDA Salad Tomatoes £0.95 1 ASDA Smartprice British Carrots £0.76 1 ASDA Smartprice Passata £0.25 1 ASDA Spring onions £0.64 2 ASDA Strawberries £2.00 1 ASDA Tuna Chunks Brine £0.88 1 ASDA Whole Cucumber £0.80 3 Cadbury Highlights Milk Chocolate £1.00 1 I can't believe it's not butter Light Spread £1.00 1 KTC Red kidney beans - chilli £0.28 4 Light Fat Free Yogurt Orange Sprinkled with Dark Chocolate £2.44 1 Pom Bear Cheese & Onion £1.00 1 Total Greek Yogurt Fat Free 0% Strained £0.88

trying asda this week as i can no longer go shopping on my own!!! Bumpage gets in the way and i cant reach the bottom of my trolly for starters!

got all that ^ above, and delivery (a shocking 5.50) to be delivered tomo before 12 for £41.10 .. pretty good going me thinks, and because of the meat deal i got chicken unexpectedly, which will mean this shop lasts me a week and a half?

im pleased!

My shop last week, in Morrisons, came to over £60. :cry:
Though we did need a fair bit of cleaning stuff, still, a huge amount for me and fiance. And the fridge is empty again :(
Me thinks i'll stick to asda and if i have time this week a trip to aldi.

Well I had my first ocado experience this evening. I had always assumed they were really expensive so not bothered but Elle Bear convinced me to give them a try. I must admit after placing my order I did think hmmm they are quite expensive and couldn't see myself using them again but I did like that there were things I had ordered that I couldn't get elsewhere which is why I tend to be a supermarket tart and go different ones anyway.
After the 'experience' of the delivery though I think I will use them again! I loved the fact I got a reminder text about my delivery and who would be delivering in what van! Then it worked out well because though had placed the order to be delivered between 9.30 and 10.30pm because it was cheaper they rang and asked could they deliver early anyway :D When they arrived I opened the door expecting shopping to be thrown at me like other deliveries had been from other stores but no! The lovely chappie talked me all through my delivery and this that and the other and would have brought the bags in if I hadn't been too embarrassed about the state of the house!
I love the way the receipt is laid out in the order of things needing using up etc...ideal for planning my sw meals!
The bad part was I got a free gorgeous looking cake in with the delivery cherry and marzipan oh my! I love marzipan! :eek: going to be hard to resist that one! And if I deliver again I have codes for a free gu something or other and bottle of wine and also the voucher for money off my shop because EB recommended them! As far as I know I can use them all at the same shop so all very tempting to use again and hopefully there will be some good deals on the things I need to buy as well he he
Anyway cheers EB for the suggestion and I am looking forward to trying a few things sw friendly over the next week that I haven't been able to get hold of before!

Emsie, I'm so glad you enjoyed your Ocado experience lol, they really are the best! I could never shop anywhere else as I feel literally violated when I go to another supermarket especially Tesco yuck! I switch between online with ocado and going to the waitrose near my house (same thing). So many times when I was pregnant a lovely staff member would open a till for me so I wasn't waiting too long. A sweet guy even offered to carry my basket when he saw me huffing and puffing! Besides an amazing variety of high quality and exotic foods, their staff are just wonderful, a shining example of what good customer service should be.

I love Ocado - and Emsie - sounds like you do too :) xxx I think the food/products all last very well too - a lot longer than other stores i could mention!!! so its an investment!!! hehe! plus a lot of the stuff is pricematched to Tesco - so being a savvy shopper you can get just the deals on meat and fish when they come up! I think there was a third off the 1kg of chicken fillets this week - yum yum! click click! my delivery comes Monday morning !!! x

ps was the cake an accidental freebie or because it was your first order? xx

Got a few more things to tide us over till Friday. I usually shop for Monday deliveries but I weigh in on Fridays now so I've decided to "start" my week on a Friday so will be ordering every Thursday for a Friday start week :D

Same ol' fruit & veg, won't list them out as it's pretty much the same every week lol
IMG-20110619-00001.jpg

Dairy. Thought I'd try the new 1% milk. It better be good!
836a1680.png

f7145f44.png

Meaty things
43662471.png

Store cupboard things and things that caught my eye. I also got some options hot chocolate in some new flavours! Chocolate brownie, creamy caramel, hazelnut, vanilla chocolate and banoffee chocolate! The banoffee and chcocolate brownie are 3 syns though poo! I'm going to try my hands on rice pudding this weekend I think... :D
d0deb105.png

Last edited:
Dairy. Thought I'd try the new 1% milk. It better be good!
836a1680.png

f7145f44.png

damnit! I did my ocado order last night for delivery tonight and couldn't find the 1% milk so didn't order milk at all :mad: luckily I have enough in the fridge to last until I pop to the shops.

I notice you buy the 2% total instead of the 0%....is there a significant taste difference that makes it worth it? I always buy the 0% because it's syn free and good tasting anyway but I am willing to be convinced! :p

lovetosew said:
damnit! I did my ocado order last night for delivery tonight and couldn't find the 1% milk so didn't order milk at all :mad: luckily I have enough in the fridge to last until I pop to the shops.

I notice you buy the 2% total instead of the 0%....is there a significant taste difference that makes it worth it? I always buy the 0% because it's syn free and good tasting anyway but I am willing to be convinced! :p

OMG you HAVE to try the 2% yogurt!! It's so creamy and delicious, tastes like full fat Greek yogurt! And the best part is that they're only half a syn each! Judging by the taste I would have thought it would be much higher in syns! Delicious creamy yogurt for half a syn, can't beat that. Seriously you need it in your life it'll transform your yogurt eating experience! It's just not "diety" Tasting at all. I mix it with fruit, top a meringue with it, It's great in curries, doesn't split like 0% does.

Hope you're suitably convinced :D

Last edited:
I love Ocado - and Emsie - sounds like you do too :) xxx I think the food/products all last very well too - a lot longer than other stores i could mention!!! so its an investment!!! hehe! plus a lot of the stuff is pricematched to Tesco - so being a savvy shopper you can get just the deals on meat and fish when they come up! I think there was a third off the 1kg of chicken fillets this week - yum yum! click click! my delivery comes Monday morning !!! x

ps was the cake an accidental freebie or because it was your first order? xx

I missed the chicken fillet offer :(
I thought it was a freebie because it was my first order but can't see it on the list so maybe it was accidental whoops! Was far too tasty anyway! :eek:

I am actually excited about putting my second order in lol!

Would the soup mix be free? xxx

You mean a free food? Yes! For a minute there I thought you meant free at waitrose lol. It's comprised of free foods (pearl barley, green split peas, haricot beans, marrowfat peas, red split lentils, yellow split peas and brown rice) so the whole thing is free. Makes soups really thick and hearty and filling!

You mean a free food? Yes! For a minute there I thought you meant free at waitrose lol. It's comprised of free foods (pearl barley, green split peas, haricot beans, marrowfat peas, red split lentils, yellow split peas and brown rice) so the whole thing is free. Makes soups really thick and hearty and filling!

only free on EE/Green though??? would it be plenty of syn-age on a Red day? xxx

Back