Share your weekly shopping

I get a veg box every week too and I get 12 different veggies every week. Today I got courgettes, sweet potatoes, carrots, beetroots, watercress, red pepper, celery, potatoes, butternut squash, broccoli, runner beans, cabbage. I'm not sure if they're more expensive than supermarket or not but I think all organic veggies are expensive anyway. Iit's made me so much more adventurous with my cooking and because the veggies are soooo delicious I'm really loadig up on my 1/3 superfree. In fact my plate is usually at least half full of veggies! I also never boil any of the veggies, even potatoes are steamed or roasted and they taste even better!

Since I've started getting them I've had broad beans for the first time, made a SW watercress pesto, courgettes sauted in white wine, homemade sunblush tomatoes, vinegar cabbage slaw, fruit compote etc etc. Today I got runner beans which I've never cooked before but I'm looking forward to trying them. It's been a lot of fun!

NumNumPigsBum said:
I live in the country too and can't seem to find anything like that either. This may be a stupid question but if I were to google farm shops etc do you think anything would pop up? Or is there somewhere you can go to to find out if there are any in your area?

Feel free to slap me with a wet fish if im talking rubbish :D

Not talking rubbish at all. If you go to www.farmersmarkets.net and put in your post code it'll come up with markets within a 15 mile radius to you. Pretty nifty!

Selwonk your fruits look deelish! Are those yellow plums?

Sorry to hijack your thread NumNum, but Honeyoc, which one do you get? I have just changed my scheme as I wanted to try some one else. Thrilled with the fact that I get fruit as well now. Hijack over.

I get it from Abel & Cole. You can get veg boxes, salad boxes, fruit boxes or fruit & veg combo boxes!

Lol I switched from Riverford to A&C! I didn't like that I couldn't edit my preferences with riverford, much prefer A&C!

Here are the 2 I've found:

veg box - £30
1 x brocolli head
1kg carrots
1 cauliflower
1 courgette
1 cucumber
250g mushrooms
500g tomatoes
250g vine cherry toms
500g onions
bunch of spring onions
1 lettuce (or 2 little gems)
6 free range eggs
1 pepper
1.5kg new pots
500g ayrshire pots
1 avocado
1 aubergine
1 salad bag
1 punnet strawbs
1 punnet rasps
4 wholemeal rolls

Would need to buy fruit on top of that

fruit and veg box £22
500g ayr pots
500g carrots
lettuce
Brocolli
Avocado
200g mushrooms
cauliflower
400g onion
100g green beans
2 bananas (we go through 21+ a week)
2 apples (we use 10-15)
2 oranges
4 satsumas (normally go through a bag at least)
2 plums
2 pears (usually go through 10)
250g grapes
1 grapefruit
2 kiwis
1 punnet strawbs
1 punnet rasps

Would need to buy salady stuff and extra fruit on top

I love the idea of supporting local farms and buying organic but as a mum of 3 living off 1 wage I'm not sure it's doable :( I might plough all the info into tesco online and see what the comparison is like ... clearly i have no life :D

there is only a monthly farmers market here. I've tried looking for farm shops etc but they're all pretty far from here. At least a 40 min drive :( boo it's ironic really as i live on a farm lol (cereal crops)

Haha, sods law!!

Could you go to the monthly farmers Market, get as much as you can and then weekly top ups?
You can freeze certain fruits too!?

when we replace our fridge freezer (ours is hideous and miniscule) i think I'll give that a bash selwonk! good idea! Im desperate to get a chest freezer but our house, although reasonable in size, has no useable space. It's all random shaped rooms and halls and then with plug sockets beside doors?!

NumNumPigsBum said:
when we replace our fridge freezer (ours is hideous and miniscule) i think I'll give that a bash selwonk! good idea! Im desperate to get a chest freezer but our house, although reasonable in size, has no useable space. It's all random shaped rooms and halls and then with plug sockets beside doors?!

Haha ours is kinda the same.

The only storage really are walk in cupboards under the stairs and in our bedroom. But neither have plugs :(

I'm dying for a chest freezer, but can't justify having it in a bedroom or having a long wire trailing to it. Keep trying to reinvent new homes for one but no such luck so far.

It is hard work sometimes. Specially with lil uns! But be worth it in the end!

I have settled into a pattern of eating and buying same thing every week. So far I've lost 3lbs each week so even though it's not very adventurous eating losing weight means more than variety.
Basically my shopping is

Philadelphia light (onion & pepper)
wholegrain ryvitta
muller light yoghurts (as many as I can fit in fridge as they a syn free)
Happy eggs
Turkey rashers
Heinz beans
Skimmed milk
Weetabix
Chicken breasts
Rice
Spring onion
Mushrooms
Apples lots of apples loving the pink lady's so sweet and great snack.
Skinny cow ice creams love the mint ones

Every day I start with 2 weetabix and sweetener

If home for lunch it's an omelette with 2 turkey rashers mushrooms and baked beans or 2 ryvitta with philadelphia and apples
If at work I go Subway and have the salad bowl with roast chicken and sweet onion sauce (2yns)

Dinner is chicken with rice and variable veg. favourite at the minute is to slice chicken put in a dollop of Philadelphia and chopped spring onions mushrooms and bake. So nice.

No real amazing shopping but it's working for me so I'm sticking to it :)

Sent from my iPad2 using MiniMins

I'm like you Ryantcb, as I post pics and lists of my shopping I've realised that I get the same things too lol!

Its veggie time!!!

925d4e38.jpg

Courgettes, sweet potatoes, carrots, beetroots, watercress, red pepper, celery, potatoes, butternut squash, broccoli, runner beans, cabbage! :D

Got my waitrose groceries!! Pretty much same ol same ol with a freak turkey drumstick thrown in lol. I'm planning on roasting it like a leg of lamb with rosemary and garlic :D

Veg
Bagged salads, fresh spinach, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, rosemary, thyme, basil
2b6b7ad9.jpg

Fruit
Apples, raspberries, peaches, black grapes, blueberries, strawberries
66d70278.jpg

Dairy & egg whites. Got the activia yogurts by accident I think, at 6 syns each I certainly didn't order them!
485413b4.jpg

Turkey drumstick!
c8454018.jpg

Water chestnuts! Yummy crunchiness :D
1631d3bc.jpg

Found this strawberry in the punnet! Twins? Triplets??
85632bf5.jpg

Just put an order in for Tesco delivery to top up fruit etc and hopefully get some of those coconut mullerlights!

Items added
Quantity Product Price Total
1 Punnet Yellow Plums Class 1 £1.00 £1.00
1 Ripen At Home Punnet Plums £1.00 £1.00
2 Clementines Pack £1.50 £3.00

All my order items
Quantity Product Price Total
2 Andrex Toilet Tissue White 9 Roll 2169 Sheet £4.48 £8.96
2 Kingsmill Scrumptious Crumpets 6Pk £0.67 £1.34
1 Tesco Low Fat Natural Yogurt 1Kg £1.30 £1.30
1 Tesco Honeydew Melon £1.00 £1.00
1 Tesco Galia Melon Class 1 £1.00 £1.00
1 Gala Apple Pack £1.75 £1.75
2 Tesco Pineapple £1.25 £2.50
2 Tesco Healthy Living Diced Chicken Breast 377G £3.89 £7.78
1 Green Giant Niblets Original Sweetcorn 4 X 198G £2.37 £2.37
2 Green Peppers Each Class 1 £0.70 £1.40
2 Kingsmill Great Everyday 6 Tasty Wholemeal Rolls £0.95 £1.90
1 Calypso Jubbly Ice Lollies Orange 10X62ml £1.47 £1.47
1 Kingsmill 50/50 Medium 800G £1.10 £1.10
1 Richmond 12 Thick Pork Sausages 681G £2.00 £2.00
1 Tesco No Added Sugar Orange Lemon And Pineapple Ds Squash 1.5Ltr £1.49 £1.49
1 Tesco No Added Sugar D/S Summer Fruits Squash 1.5Ltr £1.49 £1.49
2 Muller Light Vanilla And Chocolate Yogurt 165G £0.61 £1.22
1 Punnet Yellow Plums Class 1 £1.00 £1.00
1 Tesco Butternut Squash Loose £1.00 £1.00
1 Market Value Bananas £1.15 £1.15
2 Punnet Cherries Class 1 £1.99 £3.98
1 Ripen At Home Punnet Plums £1.00 £1.00
2 Clementines Pack £1.50 £3.00
1 Calypso Jubbly Ice Lollies Cola 10X62ml £1.47 £1.47
2 Cucumber Whole Each £0.80 £1.60
1 Tesco Iceberg Lettuce Each Class 1 £0.40 £0.40
1 Tesco Light Choices Cottage Cheese Natural 600G £1.00 £1.00
1 Tesco Cherry Tomatoes 650G £1.75 £1.75
1 Finish Allin 1 Dishwasher Lemon 28'S £6.00 £6.00
1 Tesco Healthy Living Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets 515G £3.00 £3.00
1 Market Value Closed Cup Mushrooms 400G £0.97 £0.97
1 Aquafresh Ultimate Whitening Toothpaste 75Ml £1.00 £1.00
1 Birds Eye 24 Fish Fingers 600G £2.50 £2.50
4 Muller Light Limited Edition Yogurt 165G £0.61 £2.44
1 Muller Light Raspberry Cranberry Yogurt 175G £0.61 £0.61
1 Muller Light Banana And Custard Yogurt 175G £0.61 £0.61
2 Muller Light Vanilla Yogurt 175G £0.61 £1.22
3 Muller Light Rhubarb Yogurt 175G £0.61 £1.83
2 Tesco Strawberry £1.99 £3.98

hazysummer-48050-albums-things-stuff-picture19711-weekly-shop.html
48050-albums3035-picture19711.jpg

last weeks quick stop at the veg markets shop

pineapple 80p
1 kg green beans 65p
new potatoes 750g 65p
bunch carrots 65p
1.5kg onions £ 1.30
3 bulbs garlic 25p
mint 25p
coriander 25p
citrons 50p
courgettes 500g 25p
leeks 65p
aubergine 25p

I usually have to shop for fruit and veg 2-3 times a week, as it doesn't keep so well due to the heat

this weeks shop looks pretty close, swapping cabbage and cauliflower for courgettes and leeks, oh and no more garlic
hazysummer-48050-albums-things-stuff-picture19711-weekly-shop.html

Went shopping yesterday and got

2 x bunches bananas
2 x bags apples
1 pineapple
punnet plums
punnet peaches
punnet grapes
2 x punnets strawberries
punnet blueberries
bag of pears
white onions
sweet potatoes
2 x sugar snap peas
mangetout
baby spinach
2 bags mixed leaves
big tomatoes
2 x punnets cherry tomatoes
1 cucumber

dairylea light
ss milk
8 mullers
natural yoghurt

chicken breasts
ham
bacon

cumin
dried chilli flakes
veg stock pots
chicken stock cubes
2 x alpen lights
chickpeas
baked beans

(still had a fair few things that hadn't run out at home and of course the mountain of other food the kids and husband eat :) )

Hazysummer your veggies look really yum, but could only see one pic - the first and the last aren't showing up :(

What time is it?? It's VEGGIE TIME :banana dancer:

1.jpg

Celery, courgettes, beetroot, white onions, pattypan squashes, runner beans, butternut squash, French beans, potatoes, portobello mushrooms, pointed cabbage, carrots and a free loaf of wholemeal bread!

Got a big pile of potatoes this time :D

2.jpg

DH and I also went to Garsons again! Got these beauties

9.jpg

Cherries, strawberries, red, yellow & green peppers, corn on the cob, parsnips and plum tomatoes. I also found a lovely book called cook your own vegetables. It basically teaches you how to grow just about every vegetable with one simple and one elaborate recipe on each vegetable. I'm loving it so far!

Also got a mini Waitrose order in

Baby spinach, chillies and blueberries

5.jpg

Cereal bars, low fat feta cheese and butter, yes butter :eek:
The little bottle in the corner is pure rosewater. I'm planning on using it to make rice pudding with cardamon pods and roasted pistachios

6-1.jpg

Usual dairy things

4.jpg

And that's it! Phew! :D

Back