Sharing favourites & new discoveries

Just bought mini solero ice creams 6 in a pack 1 point each
and mini cornetto`s 12 in a box 1.5 points each
They are on offer in Asda at £1.50 a box, they are only small but not a bad treat.

Found Tesco HL quarter pounders only 2.5 points - really thick and meaty and not fat!!!! Yum yum!
Also they have a "naturally good for you" or naturally healthy range and the lickle square pizza topped with pesto chicken and spinach with a bit of cheese and tomato is practically the same as the weight watchers ones but nicer! 6.5 or 6 ....
xxx

the burgers are so lovely with melted cheese on them!!!:D

Mmmmmm ...... Nairns oatcake biscuits!!! They have 3 flavours, stem ginger, fruit & spice and mixed berries. All are 0.5 points each and they are yummy!! Really tasty and satisfy those little fancies for something and sooooo good dunked in tea :D

x

:eek::eek::eek: Morrisons bog standard lemon curd (I luuuurrrvvvvvee lemon curd) is only 0.5 points per TABLESPOON!!!!

Guess what's just been added to my shopping list for this week!!
xx

IM SO SUPRISED TO FIND THAT USIN MY WEE POINTS FINDER THAT THINGS I THOUGHT WUD BE LOTS OF POINTS ACTUALLY ARENT TO BAD!! SO GLAD!!

anyone know how many points in dairylea baked crisps?

kp ready salted popcorn - 1/2 point per bag!!
bacon fries 2 and half
two loaded potato shells with cheese and bacon - 3 points for the two!!mmmmm

Afternoon all,

Thanks for the tips re the kingsmill crustless bread as bread is the one thing that I could not do without, I dont eat alot but love a toastie sandwich.
Anyway found it hard to get the crustless locally but I found the 50/50 and white standard loaves checked the nutritional values and found them slightly lower than a standard slice of bread so I sent an e-mail to Kingsmill asking them if I cut the crusts off the bread would it bring the values down to same as crustless and they replied saying that yes indeed it would so for any of you guys that cannot get hold of the crustless, but dont do what I done first time, I cut the crusts off and ate them thought I was making for my nephew lol...

Anyone know what brand of oven chips are the lowest, have got the tesco quarter pounders and would love to have chips with them the odd time.

Are frazzels 1 or 1.5 points, my points card has them at 1.5 but I read here somewhere that they are 1.

O! and Christie where do you get the loaded skins (2 for 3 points sounds devine)

Also anyone know are thai bites still available, I'm in Ireland and have checked a few of the big supermarkets and they dont have them.

Last edited:
The multipack bag of frazzles work out at 1 point using a calculator, which is worth investing in as you may find that you are underpointing youself of a few things by using the point card.

WW chips are the best taste and point wise at 2 points per 100g but they are quite difficult to find around here - not sure about where you live though.

the biggest piece of advice given to me was about chips...make them your self!
250g of potatoe is 2 points!
chip them sprinkle some paprika or chilli powder or leave them plain, cook them in the oven and there you have it delicious home made chips...much better points value that frozen ones!
Also today i cut the pot's into thicker slices like wedges par boiled them for 5 mins... covered them in a nacho cheese schwarz packet mix ( 1 point for half the pack) and cooked in oven for about 40mins...nicer than any frozen wedges and again you get lots more for your points!

all breads different have to work out points from the ni on the packaging... well thats what i do anyway x

Thanks so much girls for the tips, never thought of making my own oven chips the nacho cheese sounds lovely Laurie and also 250g for 2 points is fab as its about 3/4 for about 150g of the frozen ones. Must look in Iceland for some low point foods. Giong shopping later so will post if I find anything new and low.

Just tried fab recipe for curried chicken pasta.

Mix together:-

1tsp curry powder
pinch ground tumeric
1 tsp lemon juice
30g low fat soft cheese (I used phili extra light)
125g low fat natural yog
1tsp art sweetner

add two chopped spring onions and half a choped red, yellow or orange pepper (or a mix of all three)

Add cooked pasta (60g raw weight)
and 100g cooked chicken.

Add two tbsp of chopped fresh coriander.

It works out at 7.5 points for all of it.

Its a bit like coronation chicken.

Also rounders are yummy done on the george goreman! ... boil for few mins first then stick on the george! .. you could sprinkle with garlic or paprika! and toss in a salad or somthing YUMMY!

whats a george gorman (lol)!

Ben & Jerry's chunky mango and berry swirl sorbet is 5pts for the entire pot. More importantly it tastes fantastic!

The pineapple and passionfruit one isn't my thing, but DH who likes passionfruit assures me that it's lush, too. Slightly higher in points, I think, but still 'affordable'.

Back