Sharing favourites & new discoveries

Got another suggestion. i really struggle to find low point lunches. i'm on 19pts a day so try to eat really low through the day for a decent dinner at night. I've just discovered boots shapers chicken ceaser salad. its really tasty and you get a big portion for 3 points! if you like a salad, give it a try

For those of you that love red wine sauce with your chicken or sauasages, ASDA RED WINE COOKING SAUCE is a mere half point per 100g, thats a lot of sauce and it tastes gorgeous!!!!

For those of you that love red wine sauce with your chicken or sauasages, ASDA RED WINE COOKING SAUCE is a mere half point per 100g, thats a lot of sauce and it tastes gorgeous!!!!

I like the sound of that. Is it a packet or a jar? Can you give me some info so i can keep my eyes peeled for it next time i'm in asda please?

Ta

will definitely look out for that, i love rich sauces and i could just add a couple of chicken breasts and extra mushrooms and onions......mmmmm....this thread always makes me hungry! Is it just Asda's own regular brand or is it the 'good for you' low fat stuff? sorry for all the questions!

N :)

Oooh and for a very good ize and tasty chicken korma, asda be good to yourself range (frozen) is only 7 points!

Try ww toffee yogurt over chopped apple with a sprinkle of cinnamon for only 1 point ;)

For breakfast i've discovered porridge.

I know its not new, but its new to me! I NEVER would have ate the stuff before... grey sludge in a bowl never looked appealing, when i used to watch my folks eating it for breakfast, back in the wonderful days of childhood.

HOWEVER...

..I now love it! I buy Quakers Apple flavour Oat So Simple... pop it in the microwave, add some sultanas & cinnamon powder into it, plus a spoonful of splenda/candarel... and its gorgeous. Yum Yum! Extremely filling too, far better value for points than ordinary cereal. I'm officially a porridge fan!

Funny how taste changes...

sounds yummy yvonne85 :) how many points? I have the OSS porridge also for breakfast (syrup one) and it has a points value of 3.5... yours is probably healthier and lower in points,lol!

Hey Feathers,

mine is 4pts, with a generous amount of sultanas in it [cinnamon & sweetner is free]. I don't make the porridge with milk tho, i discovered that it tastes no different if i just use water, so i can have my milk point allowance elsewhere... Hurrah!:)

hi yvonne85 :)

I tried making my porridge this morning with just water after reading your last post last night. Instead of it being 3.5 it brought my points down to 2 :) but :( it didn't taste good at all!!!! So, i'm sitting here with a SlimFast Smoothie at 3pts ;)

lol, i just must have a strange sense of taste when it comes to porridge... :)

now for all thoose with a sweet tooth, ive noticed crunchie bars are only 3.5 pts, in comparisson to the flyte bars that are 1.5pt.......per half. now i think i would rather be eating the crunchie

also the WW caramel bars are bful with a cuppa, ther only 1.5pts

Oh yes, give me the Crunchie any day. This is the thing with some of these so called 'diet' products - they're no lower in cals than the ordinary stuff in many cases.

Are Clementines and Tangereens the same thing? If they are, do they have the same points value and is one 0.5 per Clem or Tang or is it 0.5 per 2 like i read earlier on this thread? :)

Ta!

Back