Shelbell's Baby Diary

Glad all is going ok. Your bump looks great. In two wks i've got huge good job simplybe do maternity wear as trouser too too tight now. Got my second dating scan on mon.
I was told due to my complicated last preg and labour I have to have a planned section, sure thats what caused our son's special needs too.

Grrr. Have lost another lb. I don't understand how as I have been eating absolutely loads. Am not a happy chicken today :(

Hi Shelbell
Congratulations on being pregnant . Is this your first baby ? I hope everything goes well for you and the little baby . Good luck and take care hun .
MARGARET XX

Shel really sorry you're down today ((hugs)) I can imagine how frustrating it must be, I'd send you some of my lbs if I could ((hugs)) lol

Today is the first day of my second trimester:banana dancer:

Hello energy and radiance :woohoo:

Goodbye morning sickness and fatigue :wee:

Now those things start/stop immediately don't they? I wake up today and magically feel amazing right?

:happy096:Congratulations! :talk017:

And yes ABSOLUTELY they change:vibes: NOW!

Yes, your skin becomes far more sensitive when you're pregnant. Sun is good though as it boosts your vitamin D3 levels which is great for baby, but use sunscreen. I burnt 3 weeks ago before this really hot spell started!

My morning sickness stopped around 7 weeks too. Then it came back :) Same thing happened to PH. You have been warned!

I'm ok today. A little bit of emotional stress due to seeing my previous best friend on some websites I use (parenting ones). She basically cut me off completely about 15 months ago with no explanation 2 weeks after the birth of her first child, which hurt considerably. Seeing her advertising for new friends on a meet a mum website kinda brought it all back. Then joined our local NCT group on yahoo and thought oh heck hope shes not on here too and lo and behold there she is :(

13 weeks seems like an acheivement today. Everythings feeling more real.

Its a good way to do it. I had about £700 put away for a family holiday later in the year. Well that's not going to happen so it's now the baby fund! Although I've spent a fair bit already as used it for maternity clothes and bras too. Adding about £100-£150 a month to it so hopefully things will be fine.

Morning all :)

Bump and I doing well. Tummy is getting bigger but not hugely noticable yet in most clothes.

Lost another 2lb this week, which is frustrating. It's lovely to see my BMI go into the 22's, but it makes me feel a bit of a failure at this pregnancy lark that I keep dropping weight.

Hope everyone's well. I'm pretty distracted with the release of Sims 3 so not about so much!

Shel x

I'm sure baby is fine hun, your scans are showing growing well etc :) Don't forget women in 3rd world countries still manage to make babies! :D Your body will provide for baby over you, and that is likely why you are losing weight ((hugs))

I didn't gain a lb with my first till I was 7 and a half months and then had lost that all when I got home from hospital.

Had to giggle at the sims! lol what are you like! :)

Sorry to hear ur still losing weight. I found my old pregnancy card at the weekend and in my last pregnancy it was only 17lb i put on. i thought it was more and i delivered a 7lb 9 baby. so try not to worry to much. Ive also seen big healthy babies to women who only drink vodka while pregnant.

sims3 is it good? Ive been meaning to get it, but dont think my laptop is compatible. dont think it has enough mg ram. and the pc is in my sons room, so dont think he'd appreciate me sittin in there all day lol i love sims. need to get a new laptop to buy it

its much better than sims 2, a lot more to do and a lot more freedom. it runs slower than sims 2 on my laptop, which isn't exactly old, so it does seem to need quite good spec.

I ended up taking sims 2 off my pc cause it was going to slow it was annoying me. no wonder tho i had all the expansion packs. great game tho i miss playing it

Morning all, not updated for ages! Not much to update really, everything bean-wise is going well. I'm still unwell, now full of cold with a bad throat and a cough, so not feeling great. Still losing weight and still extremely frustrated with that.

Hope everyones well.

Sorry you're still losing ((hugs)) hopefully it settles soon for you.
But glad bean is doing well :) Although I think we both qualify for a plum or so now surely? lol

hope the colds ease soon too ((hugs))

Hello all,

Still not much to update sorry! Going to see the consultant tomorrow for an extra scan/chat as I have had a headache for over 2 weeks and am still losing weight/not showing. One of my health probs causes problems with foetal growth so fingers crossed. I'm sure everythings fine but with everything I have going on it's not worth taking the risk and doing the wait and see thing till 20 weeks.

Struggling with food at the moment, appetite has gone and food is making me feel ill. I had gained 3lb, not sure if that's still the case!

All went ok, consultant is happy. She did a scan but as she did it in her room with a portable scanner no piccies for us. It was amazingly detailed though, could see all the bones and joints, and even little fingers! She couldn't measure for growth on the machine, but said that she wouldn't see as much detail if bubbs wasn't growing.

She's not too worried about the headache, as urine and BP both ok.

Was a bit scary talking about the future, she scared hubby talking about how I could end up being induced anytime from 27 weeks onwards. Atleast now he knows why I want to do the 4D scan at 22 weeks not 28 as optimal! All will depend on when baby stops growing basically. My son made it to 37 weeks so it's not all bad news. After the 20 weeks scan we will be having regular growth scans to monitor things.

So still feeling quite worried about baby long term, but reassured by today atleast.

Back