Shelbell's Baby Diary

Glad everything went well with the scan. Heres hoping the baby stays put for as long as possible.

Shel, that's great news you had a great scan today! :) Sounds wonderful seeing such detail.. everytime you post about your scan I know my baby is growing close in age to yours so will be close in size etc :)

I'm sorry the dr's didn't have a great date for you, but the fact they are watching so carefully and will do the best for bubs when they need to means a lot I'm sure. ((Hugs)) 27 weeks does sound early but these days they can work wonders in SCBU. Finger's x'd baby stays put till around 35 weeks for you and all is fab.

Thanks girls :)

Saw the midwife yesterday too for 16 week check up. All fine, but no follow up appointment as I'll probably be at the hospital every other week by that stage (would normally be 28 weeks). Forgot to ask about antenatal classes so will have to remember to give her a call in a couple of weeks. Also hospital tour etc. We're booked on to an NCT antenatal course in October, but would still like to do the NHS one too.

Wow I didn't realise there is gap of 16-28 weeks for the midwife, I had better prepare myself for the gap! I'd happily go every week just to hear the heartbeat! But I guess it's like all the other gaps that it'll go quick. :)

Hope that all your appointments go well.

I asked about antenatal classes on my booking in appointment. I wasn't able to go to them with Erin - I was a biker till then and had no transport once I was pregnant - as wouldn't ride and sold my beloved bike. It was impossible to get the time off with Graham as we worked in the same dept, and it meant 3 buses. So we only made one class. The midwife said this time that they don't often hold them. :( So will have to wait and see. Might have a look at the NCT classes though, how much did you have to pay?

NCT ones here cost £135 I think for 4 sessions. A friend of mine has recently done them and was very impressed, and she suggested using the health in pregnancy grant to pay for them. They fill up very quickly though as they are only small groups, so worth looking in to now.

I was shocked by the gap, I know it's different all over the place though. In the front of my maternity notes there is a flow chart type thing which says when you are normally seen and by whom.

NCT ones you can find out about here - Home - NCT just on the front page you put in your town or post code and it will find the nearest ones for you.

NHS ones you'll need to ask your midwife as they vary so much from area to area.

Morning all, how's everyone doing?

Am craving icey cold drinks something chronic right now. Semi-frozen bottles of water seems to work well. Believe it's quite common during pregnancy?

Hi shel
know what you mean. I've just brought some elderflower cordial and diluted it with sugar free lemonade and ice just the ticket.
Off to see cons in morn hopefully she'll turn up this time as she very too busy last time. Hopefully get a date, hoping for a couple weeks as she really big now and my illnesses are getting worse by the hour with the hot weather.

Ali

Hope they have a date for you moonflower :)

Shel, I haven't got the same craving but then am slightly behind you. Am feeling SO much better though 2nd Tri has really hit me I think.

How you doing other than the drinks? Keeping well I hope. :)

What you been up to this weekend?

Not sure about the new 17 weeks picture :eek:

Did a bit of reading last night, and craving ice is a sign of anaemia during pregnancy, so just had a full blood count at the doctors. My surgery makes me more prone to anaemia, and it's not been checked since about 7 weeks.

Morning sickness has been bad this weekend. In the past though I've had nausea when my iron levels have been low so will be interesting to see what the test results bring.

Saturday I spend the day at the trafford centre with a load of fellow weight loss surgery miniminers, which was a fab day out. Had a couple of funny turns which wasn't so great, but think it's more to do with my lupus/fibro rather than the pregnancy. Took it very easy yesterday as a result and aside from the sickness starting to feel better. Today my son has an inset day from school (boooo) so he's been with me for my daily injection and blood test this morning, which he loves (he's a bit odd). Wasn't good having to lie there with a needle in my tummy while the doctor showed him where it all was and where the contents go and wiggled it round to show him where the end of the needle was! Morning sickness and needle phobia :eek: Am determined that he won't inherit the phobia though so I put up with it! He sees me having the injections quite regularly and sees that it doesn't hurt so it's not so scary for him when he needs things.

Still no movements from bean, well I don't think so. A few things that have made me wonder. Only 3 weeks on wednesday to our 20 weeks scan, so excited about that.

wow 3 weeks will pass amazingly quickly won't they!
Well done for getting to the dr's sharpish - fingers x'd they can sort it if you are anaemic. ((hugs))
Ooh I envy you the Trafford Centre, I was there 3 days after having Erin! lol Baby Gap - well they had a sale on! lol We lived about 5 miles away in Salford.

Sorry you're still having sickness ((hugs)).

Despite being at the trafford centre for over 8 hours, I didn't go in any shops! :eek: sat having coffee and chatting for a good 4 hours, then dinner, then shops shut so more coffee!

morning all :)

Got my blood results this morning (how fast was that?!?) my haemoglobin levels are fine so no need for nasty iron syrup :clap: and no answer to the ice cravings!

Had a very sicky day again today, seems the sickness is staying around for a while :(

Bean started kicking yesterday. Not regularly, just a few episodes over the day, and some more today. When I had my jab this morning bean kicked at the same time, which made me laugh. Bean is saying 'gerroff my mummy' already!

Hope you're all well and growing good little beans :)

aww how wonderful! that bean is kicking and is protective of you already! :)
And that no need for medical help with bloods etc. ((hugs))
Hope the sickenss eases soon x

Sorry the sickness is playing up. Heres hoping it wont last for much longer, its not nice.

Thats great u can now feel baby kicking. Its one thing ive missed after i had both my last 2 babies.. Cant wait to feel this wee one

The kicks are getting stronger and more frequent. Hubbs managed to feel a couple last night, he was very patient with his hand on my tummy in bed and bean was good :) Then bean decided to carry on going for a while and kept me awake lol. I'd forgotten that side of it!

Just up 30 minutes ago and bean is up too, which is a lovely start to the day :)

Sick and tired. Literally. Just swapped my work days round so i can go back to bed. Was out at an NCT thing last night, going to the neighbours for a girly night tonight, and working tomorrow night, so need to sleep while I can!

hope you are snoring as I type! gently of course lol
definately got to get sleep when you can - I didn't sleep well at all last night. ((hugs))

Had a good couple of hours, and managed to have some lunch now so that's good. Just convinced my ma to do the school run for me this afternoon too as hubbs won't be home from work in time.

Oh good for you hun! ((Hugs)) you'll feel tons better soon I'm sure. x

Back