Shelbell's Baby Diary

Thanks :) I'm good. Have a cleaner here today blitzing the house, which is a nice treat thanks to my mum! We have guests staying next week, and one of the littlies is allergic to almost everything, including my 2 cats, so we need to get all the dust and hairs up from everywhere. My little freakies will have a holiday to the cattery :)

I had a dog when my son was born and that was fine. At the moment they have run of the house (except the nursery), but when they come back from the cattery we are going to start shutting our bedroom door so that they can't go in there. My son's door is shut of a night, so they'll still have the run of all of downstairs, but i don't want cat hair in the room the baby is sleeping in.

I can't see them being a problem to be honest.

Sounds like a great plan. :) My dogs sleep in the kitchen for the same reason - and that one of them 'prowls' at night to keep an eye on things.. which wakes me up! lol

I know he'd sleep happily with my eldest but don't really like that. They are allowed on the sofa when we say they can and are restricted to the kitchen and garden when we say they have to be. Not just the garden though.

Hi all,

Not got much to update. Had my 30th birthday party on Saturday (some photos in my album), and enjoyed my birthday today.

Bean is doing great, he kicks so much! I managed to gain a couple of pounds finally, am now 12 stone exactly. Ok so it's not much, but it's a start.

The pelvic pain keeps coming and going. I use one crutch normally, but have the other around and have used that sometimes when it's been bad.

26 weeks today, got midwife on thursday, and growth scan 2 weeks wednesday.

Hi Shel, belated birthday wishes!! What i'd give to be 30 again! lol Hope you had a lovely time.
Glad you have gained, every little helps I'm sure, and glad you have a midwife appointment.
Lovely ticking off the weeks but even more so for you I know. ((Hugs))

happy belated birthday glad you had a nice time .I will have to check my mw appointments sure I didn't have one for a few weeks .i will be 26 weeks tomorrow x

Hi all,

Saw the midwife this morning, what an emotional train wreck that was! Yet another different MW (not seen the same one twice yet). Held it together until she did my fundal height and it was only 24. It was 23 2 weeks ago, so only 1 cm in 2 weeks and still on the low side of normal. At that point I just burst into tears. She was pretty useless after that. Just told me to stop worrying as its not good for me or the baby. Like you can just turn anxiety off! So now we have to wait till the growth scan in 2 weeks to see what's going on.

On the positive side, got my HiP grant form sorted, and she's referring me to physio for the SPD to get fitted with a support belt.

Shel, I'm so sorry you are feeling so anxious, I'm also sorry that the scan can't be brought forward. ((hugs)) at least there is some growth there hun and baby is still staying put ((Hugs)) Hang onto that fact.

I have yet to see the same midwife twice yet either so it's not unusual unfortuantely. Funny how I took it for granted that it'd be the same one, as with Erin I only ever saw one and she was there for part of my labour too. Maybe she was magic and around everywhere!! or maybe that was just a sign of how things have changed since 10 years ago! lol

oh my have just had a massive braxton hicks contraction. Sat on the sofa doing nowt and it came on fast and strong! Have had a few small ones, probably one or two a day for the last week or so, but this was the first big one. Scared the bejesus out of hubby!

Ooh poor you and poor hubby!! ((Hugs))
hope they calm down a bit for you. x

It passed quite quickly, just suprised me to have one that strong this early on! Proper full blown contraction one where it started across the top of my bump and spread down. :eek:

Bless, ((hugs)) I have managed to avoid the heavy twinge I had in the park a few weeks back - think it's when I do too much walking as I get a tight tummy then it gets worse if I don't listen to it and rest! lol

Hopefully you wont' get too many braxtons ((hugs))

How you doing? Feeling etc? Great new pic on the bump thread :)

Doing ok. Been a bit hormonal this weekend so tend to stay quiet when that happens! Put on 2lb this week which is great for baby but a bit of a headtrip for me to deal with. Just counting down till Wednesday's scan.

Aww sweetie just think of the 2lb as some of what you've lost ((hugs)) and great for the baby!! I've gained 1.5lb and know the 'head trip' side of things, I've been good but it still hasn't worked! lol

Sorry about the hormones but again I guess this is a good thing. I must admit I had to try really hard not to burst into tears this morning not like me at all! ((hugs)) to us both eh. :)

Hi all,

Saw the midwife this morning, what an emotional train wreck that was! Yet another different MW (not seen the same one twice yet). Held it together until she did my fundal height and it was only 24. It was 23 2 weeks ago, so only 1 cm in 2 weeks and still on the low side of normal. At that point I just burst into tears. She was pretty useless after that. Just told me to stop worrying as its not good for me or the baby. Like you can just turn anxiety off! So now we have to wait till the growth scan in 2 weeks to see what's going on.

On the positive side, got my HiP grant form sorted, and she's referring me to physio for the SPD to get fitted with a support belt.

shel, I know that it really is easier said than done but dont worry over babies size. Even the scans can get it wrong, I was told I was having a 10lb'er and was induced because of it and other health probs. She was actually 8lb. A friend of mine was told baby really small and then had a very respectable 6.5lb baby.

I had 2 cats when my daughter was born 1 was 8 years old and 1 was 4 years old. I started confining them to the kitchen at night, about 6 weeks before.

I allowed them to come and have a look at her and a 'sniff'. The both disappeared sharpish when she cried for the first time and then pretty much avoided her after that. Although I wouldnt have left them alone with her.

The younger cat suddenly took an interest in her when my daughter was 3, and they were soon inseperable.

Anyway good luck.

Luv

Back