Shelly Belly's Bridesmaid Blitz

Glad the scales are moving for you and your trip away isn't causing too many dukan problems. Can be difficult when not at home but sounds like you've got things covered!

Oatbran Cookies is a spectacular idea! I'll have a bash at making them this weekend. Do you usually make the ones with the wheatbran too? I have a strong feeling that my tummy would appreciate some wheatbran. I could make a batch at least for the first week.

Sorry I missed you... I have tried wheat bran as well but prefer the oat bran cookies.

Love the wheat bran chocolate mug cake though - that's to die for!

Hello hello!

Week 5 weigh in today - 11st 6.5!
What's that you ask?
Do I weigh under 11 and a half stone?#
Why yes, I do!! ;)

Actually I've been a bit sneaky and snuck on the scales a couple of times over the weekend and I was actually down some from this, but I'm expecting TOTM this afternoon, so this must be why. I really think I knocked it on the head by going easy on the yogurts though, I only had 1 (110g) all weekend.

The weekend was lovely. I was a bit down on Friday as it was my little sister's birthday party, and so I really missed home, but I coped with the only coping mechanism that ever works... food! Don't panic, I didn't eat a whole load, but I did do alot of baking (for other people!). I belong to a bookclub, and it was my book on Saturday, so when you host you usually prepare food that goes with your book theme. My book was about Jamaica, so I mad Beef Patties, Banana Cake, Rum Cake, Rice and Peas... etc... One of my friends thought it was bizarre that I had cooked so much food that I couldn't eat, but I enjoy cooking, and I spent the afternoon chowing down happily on Jerk Chicken and salad.

Leaving for my Work trip tomorrow, so i have been experimenting with different Dukan cookie/Muffin Recipes too. I think I have found one that's a winner, so I'll be making a massive batch tonight - enough to last 6 days :)

Promising to post on here while I'm away, I'm finding that keeping a diary is really helping me :)

Have a lovely week xxx

woohoo!! well done!

and pray tell - which recipe was the winner?

Hope you having a gala time xx

Hi All!

Greeting from Senegal, where the sun is shining and I'm stuck in meetings, leaving only when it's dark outside ;) oh well!

I'm happy to report that the diet it going really well. I was a bit nervous about the journey, as I had a connection in Istanbul and access to the business lounge - literally surrounded by free food... but I stayed strong, and I'm so glad I did. Otherwise I have been feasting on great fish, with vegetables and salads every other day - so far so good.

I have to travel for business quite often. Usually I get so tired by the demanding work that I binge, and eat terribly in an effort to boost my energy/cheer myself up. I have been know to finish a mini-bar. honestly. Having structure this time has been such a wonderful relief. I am actually so more productive once the food troubles are out of the equation.

I have 5 days worth of muffins - will get the recipe to you soon, Bonkers, no doubt you've tried it. It has a bit of skimmed milk powder in it too. It's more of a muffin than a biscuit. Am storing them in the fridge in my room. After that I should be in Istanbul, where I am hoping I can get 0% Greek yogurts, and I have a bag of oatbran to mix in. And a Tablespoon ;)

I don't know if I'll lose weight while I'm away. It's difficult to control how things are cooked - especially with oil and stuff, but I will do my best, and get back to it when I'm done.

Later Gaters!!

So good to see that you enjoying yourself and managing to stick to plan ... Woohoo!

xx

Lovely to read you and hear that things are going so well. It's true that our food issues, when eating, take up so much time that our days must be far longer once taken out of the equation. Credit to you for taking your oatbran muffins with you. I always have 2 tablespoons of oatbran AND one of wheatbran each day (as that was how things were in the "olden Dukan days"). It gives a bit more mixture but the wheatbran would be considered a tolerated these days.

Hope you're having a good time. I know it's for work but it perhaps you have a little free time to visit and enjoy too?

x

Hey guys!!

I'm back in Tunisia! The trip was great! Senegal was really hard work, eating wise - I did my best. The buffets, as predicted, made it a hell of a lot easier, but sometimes there were eventualities that couldn't be planned for, like I ordered squid once, and it came in some kind of coating. I just scraped it off the best I could and got on with it. Also there was sometimes oil on the salads when I ordered them. But otherwise, I think I fared pretty well. I tried to work out almost everyday, just doing sort burst of cardio in the hotel gym. Sadly there was no time for swimming :(

Then to Turkey where the first few days, it was go go go. Again, I tried to stick to the diet as best as I could, but by about the third day in Istanbul, I decided to go PV everyday, as it was just draining me trying to eat around the vegetables at restaurants while still getting enough food. I think it was a good decision.
There were frustrating moments. We were working really long days, and eating every single meal together as a team, and I was trying my best to squeeze my workouts in the time that was allocated for sleep. Then on the last day, at a restaurant having ordered poached eggs, which came with grilled mushrooms and some fried new potatoes, I casually tried to move all the potatoes on to one side of the plate, knowing that I wouldn't eat them. Then one of my colleagues (who's a bit of a monster) exclaimed "Oh Honey, I see you eating really carefully the whole time, but it just isn't working, is it? Why don't you try some exercise?" I saw red. I really had to bite my tongue. Some people will never understand how hard you have to work to keep the weight off. I struggle with food, I have a big appetite, this is not easy for me!!!

Otherwise the trip ended on the sweetest note imaginable. My Boyfriend flew to Istanbul for the weekend! It was so wonderful to see him! And I've lost about 10lbs since I last saw him. From his reaction you would have thought I had lost 100lb! he was so complimentary and supportive, with lots of "but I also thought you were perfect before" statements. What a diamond! So we had a super weekend. On Sunday I did have a couple of beers as we watched the football together, and I skipped my oatbran and so I had a doner kebab with the bread too! Well... when in Turkey...!

So some numbers. I weighed myself this morning, and I got 11st 3.75lb. I might still be a bit bloated and waterlogged from the flight, but I think that its not a bad effort at all. And it wasn't too much of a struggle. I would definitely have struggled more eating freely and without structure, and then feeling guilty and confused over every choice.

So this morning, I am very chipper :)

Have a great day guys xxx

Good morning!!

Weighed in at 11st 2.5lbs this morning! So a solid stone down, and just 0.5lbs from a "normal" BMI.

It feels so amazing.

I tried on some size 12 work trousers this morning and they almost did up - someday soon! they will be on my body!

Otherwise things are ging good - getting lots of nice comments it feels lovely. Trying my best to just say "yes, thank you" when people ask "did you lose weight? you look great!" rather than "No, people just seem to remember me fatter" which I once heard in an episode of girls and thought was hilarious ;)

Going back to the UK at the end of July for a wedding, and I would love to set myself the (quite ambitious) target of 10st 7lb... I believe I can do it!

Ramadan is starting this weekend and I'm thinking about starting the Insanity DVDs - it's too hot to run outside now.

Hiya,

I know it's quiet around here, but I'm gonna keep writing here, even if it's just for myself because a couple of weeks ago when I really felt a wobble reading back this diary was a massive source of inspiration for me and helped me to really keep on track.

I weighed myself agaon this mornin (I just cannont seem to keep off the scales! hehe!) and it was 11st 1.75! I now have a normal BMI! and collarbones!
I think this is the last of the waterretention from the flying, so I am expecting much slower progress from here on out.

Ramadan is starting at the weekend and I'm going to have to be so organised with my food prep as nowhere close to my office will be open. I'm gonna miss getting my chicken kebabs from the little guy near my office on PP days!

Oh Well! onwards and downwards :)
xxxxx

Good Morning!! It's Friday :) !!!

Weight has been consistent at 11st 1.75lb since Wednesday. I'm feeling lovely.

I did a load of batch cooking this week on Monday night and honestly, it really helped me to stay focussed. I had all my breakfast prepared for the whole week and it was so easy just grabbing a galette from the fridge in the morning. Definitely will do the same next week.

I started the Insanity Workout DVDs this morning. Whoa - they are hard! So excited to see some nice results though.

I have a lovely weekend planned, gonna hit the beach and the swimming pool. Just before my diet started, my sister and her son came out to Tunisia to visit me, and we went to the beach or the pool everyday and I couldn't bring myself to wear a bikini. Now 16lbs down, I know I'm not perfect, but I am so much more confident, so I reckon I'm gonna do it :) Cannot wait :)

Have a great weekend everyone. It's almost 40 degrees here! xoxox

Hi Shelly!

Been browsing your diary: well done for keeping things up with all the manic travel! I started dukan when I lived abroad (china) and found it hard to get low fat products, but at least I was in one place - don't know how you're managing, but great job :)

My dukan losses have slipped a bit recently and I'm trying some intermittent fasting, but I still stick with dukan as my mainstay. Hope to be back at tw soon!

Hi Shelly . I have been reading your thread!! Congrats on the weight loss!! I tend to put on weight when I am in Tunisia. Hope the heat is not too bad!! Gonna be over there in a month!! Good luck on your weight loss journey :)

What a cruel comment your colleague made... you'll be able to laugh in her face soon enough. I'm longing for someone to (dare) say such a thing to me so that I could agree with the person and then add "... but I can always diet, whereas you'll always be a b*tch"...

You're doing amazingly well x

Grrrrr... Just went back and read the earlier posts. What an awful thing for someone to say! And why is she monitoring your food intake anyway? Honestly, people like that really don't want you to succeed as it makes them look bad. So there's good incentive for you to show her what you can do!

hehe!! Thank you all so much for your lovely comments and support!

I know - this woman really is a super b*tch! It is funny when we all have to travel on business together - because you literally have ALL your meals together, so you do start to clock onto other people's eating habits. Another colleague, a guy, who's a little overweight, commented while we were away that he was peeing so much, and hardly eating between meals. I told him a bit about Dukan, and he reckons that by just seeing me picking more protein off the buffet, it automatically made him do the same - "oh well, if she's having a whole fillet of fish, and I'm a guy, I can have a fillet and a half" so he dropped weight while we were away by just upping his protein subconsciously! hehe! Kinda awesome!

So I've been clocking on with Insanity! It's really hard, but also fun, and I feel so strong and invincible afterwards! I'm loving it :)

Weigh in today - 8 weeks in - 11st 1.25lb
The though of being under 11st in a week of so is SO exciting! :)

In other news I'm coming back to the UK for a wedding at the end of July. I went shopping for a dress on Sunday and I found a great one, but I only fit into the Large, and the Medium would not do up. I didn't buy it yet, as I'm obviously hoping to drop more weight before then... but also I think it was just a bit of stubbornness, because if the "large" had had a "medium" tag I would definitely have bought it- or if they had sold an "Extra Large"... just so that I wasn't wearing the biggest size they made!

Good luck with insanity, Shelly. I did it 2 years ago for almost 3 months and the results really were amazing, but it's tough! I keep telling myself I'll get back into it again, but I need to improve my overall fitness levels first. Procrastination, that's my middle name :)

Cx

And big HA to your nasty colleague! Not only is your eating approach working for you, it's working for others without them realizing it! What a loser.

Cx

Hehe! Dukanisa, thank you so much for your lovely support. Weight and diet is such an emotive thing for some people, and it can get really catty, but this woman at work definitely takes it to new levels!

Erg, no change in the scales today and it was supposed to be a PP day, but I am on a 3-day working summit at a hotel and so I had veggies with my lunch because it was already plated (if it was a buffet I would have just gone for protein, but since it was plated I felt like I had to eat the veggies to get enough volume in my tummy). I'm kinda mad at myself because I feel like I ate too much and it was liver... bleurgh! Although I ate it because I know it's good for me. And there was no choice. At least all that iron will give me some lovely energy. (I just read that back, I sound like a 5 year old, haha!)

So the coping strategy for the next three days is to do PP at Breakfast and dinner and PV for lunch.

So excited to see good results from Insanity. I lost weight with Dukan before but I was just Skinny-Fat as I did hardly any exercise. This time I would love to do alot more exercise and get alot stronger. Eventually I would like to take up a sport (tennis!) in addition to distance running (which I love but am breaking from while I do Insanity) and yoga (which I love, but which doesn't love me! I'm just not bendy!)

I cannot wait to smash into the 10s! I'm thinking I should stay off the scales until Saturday. Saturday is my two months on the diet milestone, so I'll re-weigh then

Hope everyone is having a good day. It's 40degrees here, and everyone is fasting and grumpy!

xoxoxo

Hi Shelly,

Doing PV for one meal is fine, honestly. I used to mix and match my pp and pv days and just make sure I did 3 or 4 pp days in a week, not necessarily alternating, because I couldn't plan every work and social event around my pv days (go figure!).

Also, if you're traveling so much, are you weighing yourself on different scales all the time? if that's the case, I wouldn't pay too much attention to those figures. When you get home you can see the real result.

I'm still thinking up revenge plots for your colleague, btw ;-)

Cx

By the way, if you're starting a new exercise program like insanity, it may stall your weightloss for a bit as you're adding muscle. Hang in there!

Hehe! Dukanista, whatever you come up with, I promise I will implement!

I snuck on the scales this morning (old habits die hard) and I had one of those Magical Dukan Moments this morning - where you feel like you ate a tonne and then you go and get a low weight. 11st! bang on the money! :)

Back